Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   VM News Another Price Increase (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707827)

denphone 20-07-2019 12:56

Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36003490)
No one will ever pay the same.

We had a email saying ours was going up by £4.

Saint man 20-07-2019 13:45

Sadly so, but how come they can have set charges for mobile phone packages. Life is not the same for everyone and nor so is their Virgin BB and TV packages :)

livelysprite 20-07-2019 21:09

Just noticed at the bottom of my price increase letter it says:

There's an exciting year ahead with us. But if you decide you'd rather change or cancel your package, no problem. You can do so any time before 21-Aug without paying any cancellation fees. Visit virginmedia.com/yourbroadband to find out more.

denphone 20-07-2019 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelysprite (Post 36003540)

There's an exciting year ahead with us. But if you decide you'd rather change or cancel your package, no problem. You can do so any time before 21-Aug without paying any cancellation fees. Visit virginmedia.com/yourbroadband to find out more.

Yes any price rise during a ongoing contract gives the customer 30 days to cancel their contract without any termination charges.

livelysprite 21-07-2019 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36003288)
I received an email to say that my monthly bill would be increasing by £4 from September.

As I have just been given an extra discount of £5 off per month (removal of the TiVo fee), this would have almost wiped this out, so I gave them a call earlier.

I was told that the email that I received was generic and sent to everybody and that my bill would not be increasing!?

This doesn't sound correct to me because, AFAIK, the letters/emails are personalised to the services that a customer takes. She's put this on the notes in case it does increase.

Does anyone know if this is correct or not?

If you go to virginmedia.com/yourbroadband, it says:

"What if you’re currently on an offer?

If you’re currently on a promotional offer with us, we will honour it. So that means your increase will happen when this offer comes to an end. You can see the details of your current offer on your latest bill.

We’re making changes to our pricing, but as you’re currently enjoying a fixed price each month, these changes won’t affect you right away."

On my contract, it says "promotional offer". I get £5 a month off. So how can they put my price up after stating on their webpage that the won't?

Gavin-D 21-07-2019 13:01

Here's a shock trying to get to my virgin media to see my bills and it's broken

https://www.cableforum.uk/images/local/2019/07/4.png

:rolleyes:

Inactive Digital 21-07-2019 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelysprite (Post 36003578)
If you go to virginmedia.com/yourbroadband, it says:

"What if you’re currently on an offer?

If you’re currently on a promotional offer with us, we will honour it. So that means your increase will happen when this offer comes to an end. You can see the details of your current offer on your latest bill.

We’re making changes to our pricing, but as you’re currently enjoying a fixed price each month, these changes won’t affect you right away."

On my contract, it says "promotional offer". I get £5 a month off. So how can they put my price up after stating on their webpage that the won't?

Your £5 discount isn't changing, its the initial cost of your service that's increasing.

livelysprite 21-07-2019 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inactive Digital (Post 36003590)
Your £5 discount isn't changing, its the initial cost of your service that's increasing.

I know that, but it states the while on a promotional offer, no price increase.

cheekyangus 21-07-2019 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelysprite (Post 36003540)

VM are clearly varying this last part depending on which service part of the bundle is going up. It says "Visit virginmedia.com/yourTV to find out more." on our letter.

livelysprite 21-07-2019 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36003604)
VM are clearly varying this last part depending on which service part of the bundle is going up. It says "Visit virginmedia.com/yourTV to find out more." on out letter.

I just found a little nugget of unconfirmed information, contracts with promotional offers starting after 1st of august will have no price increases. Whereas, those starting before 1st of august will have to pay the price increase.

nialli 22-07-2019 15:37

Not got my letter yet and my 'discounts' expire in August. If I lose my discounts and my monthly price goes up, I can't afford to stay with Virgin for BB and TV. I've been a customer of NTL/VM for over twenty years - isn't it about time they rewarded loyalty rather than discounting prices only for new customers??

Ken W 22-07-2019 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 36003718)
Not got my letter yet and my 'discounts' expire in August. If I lose my discounts and my monthly price goes up, I can't afford to stay with Virgin for BB and TV. I've been a customer of NTL/VM for over twenty years - isn't it about time they rewarded loyalty rather than discounting prices only for new customers??

I agree, I am thinking of leaving so was is the number for Thinking of leaving without listening .

I am hearing impaired so the person I speak to must speak clearly.

Gavin-D 23-07-2019 13:11

Spoken to neighbor today who got the letter this morning they phoned up got £12 a month off for a year and internet speed doubled

baz 23-07-2019 14:03

very nice to be met with a banner when I log on to VM saying your price is going up how very nice of them, not!

nialli 23-07-2019 16:09

Any idea when/how the price increase letters are being sent out? My discounts actually expire mid-September so I'll need to ring a month before to see what I can negotiate, but holidays loom and I don't want to miss the 'jump ship without penalties' deadline