Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

MalteseFalcon 14-07-2014 20:05

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

I don't bother, I just take them out of the tumbler, scrunch into pairs and into a drawer. Ditto with clothes, never bother ironing them.

denphone 15-07-2014 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35714293)
I don't bother, I just take them out of the tumbler, scrunch into pairs and into a drawer. Ditto with clothes, never bother ironing them.

You can buy quite a bit of clothing crease free as well Mark.;)

MalteseFalcon 15-07-2014 06:57

If I take them out of the tumbler straight away they never crease. If creased, I just put them on a hanger and stick them on a door handle for a few days and the creases just disappear.

dilli-theclaw 15-07-2014 19:55

I still miss my cat. The others are trying to make me happy though, caught one hanging off the newly put up curtains this morning..... just hanging there looking at me as if to say 'help' ;)

MalteseFalcon 15-07-2014 20:11

It will get better dilli, not immediately that is not expected. Even now, 2 and half years later I still find myself looking for the cat but then remember and it hits me for a few seconds. Even now I still have a small cry over him. And there was me saying I'll stay while it happens, I was more of a mess than I expected to be.

dilli-theclaw 16-07-2014 12:49

Patient transport. I know it's a free service and all but when they mess up it's always spectacular.

Today was a flamingo up for sure.

joglynne 16-07-2014 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35714856)
Patient transport. I know it's a free service and all but when they mess up it's always spectacular.

:(

Did they eventually turn up?

dilli-theclaw 16-07-2014 13:09

Nope.

joglynne 16-07-2014 13:20

Just seen your other posts dilli. What a faff for you. A morning wasted and having to go tomorrow instead.

I do wish I was in striking distance to be able to offer my help. At least I would be able to have a good natter on the journey. One of the 'friends' I ferry to appointments treats me like a servant, sits in splendor in the back of the car and I swear she gives regal waves to the peasants we pass. She does give me a whole 20p to treat myself to a coffee whilst I wait for her to get through her appointments. :D

denphone 16-07-2014 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35714863)
Nope.

Sadly that's no surprise Dilli as they are a law to themselves.

weenie 16-07-2014 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35714856)

Sorry to hear about your lift going to your old address dilli :(

MalteseFalcon 16-07-2014 19:01

Relatively small moan compared to some, but xBox Live is down. Wanted to watch Netflix tonight as nothing on TV that gets me salivating. Gutted. Might actually have to call family and speak to them. :(

raging bull 16-07-2014 19:23

2 months ago I got a confirmation letter regarding my heart surgery appointment to be carried out yesterday, booking in at 07.30am.
I arrived at the hospital where all my personal information was recorded inc height and weight plus blood pressure.
2hrs later the consultant approached me and advised there was a problem!
The procedure could not go ahead because he was not familiar with the particular procedure to be carried out, and no one was available until tomorrow (thursday)so would I come back.
[Turns out someone in the office noted heart procedure will get Dr A to carry out, not realising it required Dr B who was on holiday and more than capable to do the job]

Hom3r 16-07-2014 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35715007)
Relatively small moan compared to some, but xBox Live is down. Wanted to watch Netflix tonight as nothing on TV that gets me salivating. Gutted. Might actually have to call family and speak to them. :(

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

you can play online, but as you say not video

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

It says Netflix is ok

joglynne 16-07-2014 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by raging bull (Post 35715011)
2 months ago I got a confirmation letter regarding my heart surgery appointment to be carried out yesterday, booking in at 07.30am.
I arrived at the hospital where all my personal information was recorded inc height and weight plus blood pressure.
2hrs later the consultant approached me and advised there was a problem!
The procedure could not go ahead because he was not familiar with the particular procedure to be carried out, and no one was available until tomorrow (thursday)so would I come back.
[Turns out someone in the office noted heart procedure will get Dr A to carry out, not realising it required Dr B who was on holiday and more than capable to do the job]

That must have been upsetting raging bull. I can almost imagine how you must have been feeling running up to the Consultant dropping his bombshell. I have to psyche myself up to have some of my treatments and to then have them cancelled for no fault of my own leaves me feeling sick.

Fingers crossed you will have your surgery tomorrow without a hitch and the outcome will be as you hope.