Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Updated: Boris resigns as party leader (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710650)

daveeb 09-12-2021 23:28

Re: That No.10 Christmas Party

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36105010)
More potential bad news for Johnson, from the Telegraph.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgntp

I'm beginning to think the prime minister isn't very truthful. :rolleyes:

Blackshep 10-12-2021 01:13

Boris Johnson has always been a liar he's incapable of taking any personal responsibility until he's forced to the man has the integrity and honour of a slug. The fact his backstabbing and games got him into downing street is a sad reflection on the quality of our political system and perfectly highlights why I'm not bothering at the next election I don't think I'll be alone.

TheDaddy 10-12-2021 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackshep (Post 36105027)
Boris Johnson has always been a liar he's incapable of taking any personal responsibility until he's forced to the man has the integrity and honour of a slug. The fact his backstabbing and games got him into downing street is a sad reflection on the quality of our political system and perfectly highlights why I'm not bothering at the next election I don't think I'll be alone.

Politicians rely on that, their reasoning will be if enough people give up, are turned off and don't bother it'll be down to the hard-core sociopaths that see no wrong in anything they do to decide it, it'll be worse than some two bit dictatorship

1andrew1 10-12-2021 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36105028)
Politicians rely on that, their reasoning will be if enough people give up, are turned off and don't bother it'll be down to the hard-core sociopaths that see no wrong in anything they do to decide it, it'll be worse than some two bit dictatorship

Yes, it's part of the problem and not part of the solution. But a very understandable gut reaction.

ianch99 10-12-2021 10:39

Re: Owen Paterson: Anger as Tory MP avoids suspension in rule shake-up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36104946)
An alleged party, 12 months ago ?
Nope it had no efect on me at all, how did it affect you ?

Im sure a percentage think they should becasue the media make such a fuss about it, and the [anti] social media warriors tell them they should.

They'll just move onto whatever they are told to care about next, no doubt with equal "outrage".

I am sure those who, on that day a year ago, followed the rules and were unable to be with their loved ones when they died in hospital are "affected". I suspect that they are bloody livid.

Carth 10-12-2021 11:05

Quote:

Regarding the bold part, the turnout for elections is, and has been for a long time, quite low. It's almost as if the general public have, over the years, sussed out that it doesn't matter who gets in, nothing ever changes.

The only time there's a decent voter turnout is when something 'big' is on offer . . like the Brexit referendum . . where people could see that a vote for what they wanted, or didn't want, could actually make a difference to the outcome.

Politics, and the Governance of the country, is tied up by large businesses and political correctness . . no matter who is in power, the public are a fair way down the ladder of importance . . . and they know it ;)

My wife and daughter have never, to my knowledge, ever voted for anything, and I - at 67 years of age - have only voted about 5 times . . . and once was a 'protest' vote for BNP :D

Hom3r 10-12-2021 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36104730)
Who didn't break the rules a little on xmas gatherings :shrug:

I know people that met family over Christmas, are ironically calling for Boris to go, yet they refuse themselves to quit their jobs

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

Quote:

Boris Johnson has always been a liar, he's incapable of taking any personal responsibility until he's forced to, the man has the integrity and honour of a slug. The fact his backstabbing and games got him into Downing Street is a sad reflection on the quality of our political system and perfectly highlights why I'm not bothering, at the next election I don't think I'll be alone.

I will vote as god help us if Liebour gets in, as they would immediately rejoin the EU and surrender Stirling

Damien 10-12-2021 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36105081)
I know people that met family over Christmas, are ironically calling for Boris to go, yet they refuse themselves to quit their jobs

They aren't the ones who set the laws forbidding others to do so.

Paul 10-12-2021 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 36105059)
I am sure those who, on that day a year ago, followed the rules and were unable to be with their loved ones when they died in hospital are "affected". I suspect that they are bloody livid.

Yes, I'm sure its right up there as one of their top concerns this week.

BenMcr 10-12-2021 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36105113)
Yes, I'm sure its right up there as one of their top concerns this week.

Yes, there have been several people in the news who lost loved ones who have said it is a concern for them

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...price-22397641
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...no-10-22350533

Paul 10-12-2021 16:57

I'm sure they have, to the media, surprisingly.

Carth 10-12-2021 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36105119)

Traced and found by the media too probably ;)

Julian 10-12-2021 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36105122)
Traced and found by the media too probably ;)

They are vultures around a death sadly.

BenMcr 10-12-2021 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36105119)

These people seem to be also think it's worth their concern and they're not media as far as I'm aware but relatives of those lost during the pandemic

https://twitter.com/covidjusticeuk/s...617469955?s=21

TheDaddy 10-12-2021 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36105081)

I will vote as god help us if Liebour gets in, as they would immediately rejoin the EU and surrender Stirling

This is either a joke or you're manna from heaven for them, they spend years telling lies and are currently being dragged over coals daily for it and the best you can come up with is to call the opposition that, beyond childish, they're laughing at you and everyone like you

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 36105138)
These people seem to be also think it's worth their concern and they're not media as far as I'm aware but relatives of those lost during the pandemic

https://twitter.com/covidjusticeuk/s...617469955?s=21

Suckers, fancy following the rules like that, sheeple