Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   [Update] Windows 10 Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698787)

Dave42 12-10-2014 11:43

Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

so how many have tried windows 10 on here working fine here

SnoopZ 12-10-2014 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35734784)

I decided to wait as it isn't meant to be used on a main computer, I also read it sends a lot of info back to MS.

It is exactly what I want though and Will upgraded to it when the beta arrives for sure.

Dave42 12-10-2014 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35734787)
I decided to wait as it isn't meant to be used on a main computer, I also read it sends a lot of info back to MS.

It is exactly what I want though and Will upgraded to it when the beta arrives for sure.

I running on a dual boot no problems with it at all so far features I like best so far is metro resizable windows, task view, choose between start menu and start screen, the add new desktops mode cant wait to tries updated builds with more features

Russ 12-10-2014 12:23

I installed it last night but there was no start button - does it need to be activated or something? I then wiped it and went back to 8.1.

Dave42 12-10-2014 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35734790)
I installed it last night but there was no start button - does it need to be activated or something? I then wiped it and went back to 8.1.

should automatically be activated mine was don't know why you didn't get start menu for did you download iso file and burn to dvd

only thing i can think of is you might of downloaded a currupt iso could try again and use a vm or dual boot so you dont lose anything

damien c 13-10-2014 08:43

Installed it on my laptop on a spare SSD, and within 10 minutes I ripped it off.

Hopefully when it's released there will be a way to turn off the tiles in the start menu and choose to not use the app's for stuff.

I don't need the tiles, or apps and I don't want them.

To bad for DX12 you are going to need to use Windows 10.

heero_yuy 13-10-2014 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien c (Post 35734942)
Installed it on my laptop on a spare SSD, and within 10 minutes I ripped it off.

Hopefully when it's released there will be a way to turn off the tiles in the start menu and choose to not use the app's for stuff.

To bad for DX12 you are going to need to use Windows 10.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of registry hacks to turn off the frippery as on previous releases.:D

Sirius 13-10-2014 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35734784)

Have it on my laptop to test, the jury is out untill i have used it a week or so, however unless its free at release i will not upgrade to it. I will never buy another Microsoft OS after the debacle with Windows 8 and would sooner use a hacked version out of pure spite.

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35734944)
I'm sure there'll be plenty of registry hacks to turn off the frippery as on previous releases.:D

Unless Microsoft remove the ability like they have done before when they removed the ability to have the start button after a reg hack. :mad:

dilli-theclaw 13-10-2014 11:36

I am running it in a virtual machine at the moment,

BenMcr 13-10-2014 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien c (Post 35734942)

Even in Win 8.1 you can choose not to use the full screen apps for pretty much everything i.e. use the desktop version of IE and Windows Media Player etc

As for the start menu tiles you can already turn these off http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...hands-on-video

SnoopZ 13-10-2014 23:30

Has anyone turned on the new drop shadows yet?

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-1...ew-drop-shadow

qasdfdsaq 13-10-2014 23:47

Woo... a blurrier version of the old drop shadow...

Dave42 14-10-2014 17:25

Microsoft promises a new Windows 10 preview build will be coming soon

Yesterday, we learned that the Windows Insider Program has had over one million registrants in just under two weeks. On top of that, over 200,000 pieces of feedback were given to Microsoft from participants of the program.

Microsoft revealed this information in an official blog post yesterday, and also revealed that a new build of Windows 10 would be coming soon too. Here is what Microsoft's Joe Belfiore said: "Going forward, he’ll [Gabriel Aul] be the one blogging about the Windows Insider Program and each new build we release to Windows Insiders. A new build should be coming soon too!"

Belfiore was referring to Gabriel Aul, who runs the company's Data and Fundamentals Team. His job is to spend time going through all the telemetry data and feedback received from the Insider Program. With that being said, prepare yourself for another Windows 10 Technical Preview build, which is right around the corner. No word on exactly what the next build will feature. Perhaps the next build will feature improvements based on user feedback.

Better yet, this new build will be obtainable within the Windows 10 Technical Preview. This means you can head over to PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Preview Builds, and snag yourself the latest build when it becomes available for download. How cool is that?

As we have mentioned before, the Windows Insider Program allows Microsoft to release regular updates to consumers with ease, thanks to feedback generated by participants of the program. This allows participants to do some 'real-world' testing on a new feature or improvement prior to it being rolled out to the general public. Windows 10 is set to become the first operating system from Microsoft to be radically different for consumers and IT professionals.

We're going to see an operating system that becomes better a lot faster than before.

Sirius 14-10-2014 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35735266)
Microsoft promises a new Windows 10 preview build will be coming soon

Yesterday, we learned that the Windows Insider Program has had over one million registrants in just under two weeks. On top of that, over 200,000 pieces of feedback were given to Microsoft from participants of the program.

Microsoft revealed this information in an official blog post yesterday, and also revealed that a new build of Windows 10 would be coming soon too. Here is what Microsoft's Joe Belfiore said: "Going forward, he’ll [Gabriel Aul] be the one blogging about the Windows Insider Program and each new build we release to Windows Insiders. A new build should be coming soon too!"

Belfiore was referring to Gabriel Aul, who runs the company's Data and Fundamentals Team. His job is to spend time going through all the telemetry data and feedback received from the Insider Program. With that being said, prepare yourself for another Windows 10 Technical Preview build, which is right around the corner. No word on exactly what the next build will feature. Perhaps the next build will feature improvements based on user feedback.

Better yet, this new build will be obtainable within the Windows 10 Technical Preview. This means you can head over to PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Preview Builds, and snag yourself the latest build when it becomes available for download. How cool is that?

As we have mentioned before, the Windows Insider Program allows Microsoft to release regular updates to consumers with ease, thanks to feedback generated by participants of the program. This allows participants to do some 'real-world' testing on a new feature or improvement prior to it being rolled out to the general public. Windows 10 is set to become the first operating system from Microsoft to be radically different for consumers and IT professionals.

We're going to see an operating system that becomes better a lot faster than before.

Been using it on my laptop and so far i like it. I will not install it on my main machine until it gets near to the release. As stated i will not pay for it so they better give it free to those of use who feel we were ripped off with windows 8 other wise i will just use a hacked version.

Taf 21-10-2014 18:40

Windows 10 Will Be Free

Windows 10 Will Be Free for Personal Users‏

http://news.filehippo.com/2014/10/wi...sers%e2%80%8f/