Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=29086)

sir_drinks_alot 26-05-2005 01:16

Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

I have never in all my days of watching football seen a cup Final like that before Well done liverpool well done.

STONEISLAND 26-05-2005 08:31

Proberly the best game I have ever watched

gary_580 26-05-2005 08:44

UEFA has said this morning that they will not change the rules to allow Liverpool to defend the title. They say it is up to the FA to allow them to take one of the English clubs places

Quote:

Originally Posted by skunk4u
Proberly the best game I have ever watched

Man U's last european win was better. No penalties and losing 1-0 with 1 minute to go

gazzae 26-05-2005 08:54

Well done Liverpool. :bigcry:

iadom 26-05-2005 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble
Up to and including the world cup in 2002 the host country and holders have automatically qualified. This time, it has changed, don't ask me why, to only the hosts automatically qualifying.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/releas...formats_en.pdf

Thanks for that, It was not my imagination then.:)

Chris 26-05-2005 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary_580
UEFA has said this morning that they will not change the rules to allow Liverpool to defend the title. They say it is up to the FA to allow them to take one of the English clubs places

Aye, and guess who finished fourth in the Premiership ... there would be riots on the streets ... :rofl: :D :erm:

Nugget 26-05-2005 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris T
Aye, and guess who finished fourth in the Premiership ... there would be riots on the streets ... :rofl: :D :erm:

But would they have to take fourth place? Let's face it, on their form in the Chamions League over the last 5 years, I'm sure Arsenal or Man Utd would donate their place to have a year off :p:

sherer 26-05-2005 10:07

was a good game but really showed the difference between English teams and Italian one.. also applies to the national team.. when Milan had the ball they passed it on the deck.. when Liverpool had it it was hoofed up field and kept coming back..

Never a pen in my view as there was barely any contact.. maybe even none and not enogh to push someone over..

still glad they won though and great to have an English team as champs of Europe..

if you go the uefa web site and go to publications you can see in the rules it is down to the league association to see who should qualify out of holders and leage positions.. that's been the rules all season so how can they change it now. when this happened in Spain a few years back the fourth place team had to go into the UEFA cup..

I blame UEFA as ALL the champ teams be it TNS, Gorica, MTK should go into the group stages automatically and then if they want second and third place teams they should qualify.. it's just invented as a cash cow to make sure the Spanish, Italian and English teams get more money and don't get knocked out by some Eastern European team in the first round

just to say it again well done liverpool

Russ 26-05-2005 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by kronas
if your a man utd fan here (many are) then watch the ITV news now after the break malcom glazer gets cornered and refuses to answer questions about man utd and grins like an idiot :rolleyes:

Ever notice how much the ginger buffoon looks like John McCrirrick?

kronas 26-05-2005 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ D

who ? :confused:

Chimaera 26-05-2005 19:05

Quote:

Quote:

Could he possibly mean Mr Glazer? :shrug: :D
If it is then yes, Russ, he does! :rofl:

iadom 26-05-2005 19:14

Just a thought, after Liverpool's remarkable come back last night, which brought back memories of United's last minute win against Bayern, has an English club ever lost a European Cup/Champions League final ?

I don't mean the second rate Cup Winners/Fairs Cup/ EUFA Cup etc.

Russ 26-05-2005 19:14

Quote:

Horse racing bloke, can't keep his hands still when he talks, was in his huge white y-fronts in Celebrity Big Brother.

kronas 26-05-2005 19:15

Quote:

Horse racing bloke, can't keep his hands still when he talks, was in his huge white y-fronts in Celebrity Big Brother.

oh the old git with the cap! yep he does lol :p:

sir_drinks_alot 26-05-2005 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom
Just a thought, after Liverpool's remarkable come back last night, which brought back memories of United's last minute win against Bayern, has an English club ever lost a European Cup/Champions League final ?

I don't mean the second rate Cup Winners/Fairs Cup/ EUFA Cup etc.

Yup leeds back in the 70's and liverpool lost to Juventus back in 85