Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : Wandavision (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709678)

cimt 07-02-2021 13:12

Re: Wandavision

I've seen Rhodey mentioned for that reference but I don't think he was an engineer was he?

Pierre 12-02-2021 22:29

Another enjoyable episode didn’t move things along that much as far as I could tell, no doubt lots of clues I missed.

Jaymoss 12-02-2021 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36070363)
Another enjoyable episode didn’t move things along that much as far as I could tell, no doubt lots of clues I missed.

Spoiler: 
I think Visions condition outside the Hex was important. And Pietro being called Pete. Oh and the expansion

Paul 13-02-2021 00:23

I think Pietro is not what he seems, I'm thinking he's a plant from outside.

cimt 13-02-2021 19:30

I think he's part of what is going on. I liked the ending of this one with the FBI turning into clowns.

Pierre 19-02-2021 19:16

God only knows what’s going on now.

Agent Coulson...but then it may have been Agatha

I was getting ready to post another solid if not remarkable episode, and then that ending!

Stephen 19-02-2021 19:30

This episode actually has a mid credit scene.

Chris 19-02-2021 20:33

So it was Agatha All Along. Like all the best twists when you look back you can see it. Now, we know that the MCU borrows freely from the comics without feeling bound to any of their continuity, however if she is now in the MCU, then the Fantastic Four won’t be far away.

Also, they were completely messing with our heads tonight by making a theme tune that sounded almost exactly like the American Office. ;)

Stephen 19-02-2021 21:20

So Quicksilver is likely

Agatha's son Nicholas Scratch

Hugh 19-02-2021 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36071306)
So it was
Spoiler: 
Agatha
All Along. Like all the best twists when you look back you can see it. Now, we know that the MCU borrows freely from the comics without feeling bound to any of their continuity, however if she is now in the MCU, then the
Spoiler: 
Fantastic Four
won’t be far away.

Also, they were completely messing with our heads tonight by making a theme tune that sounded almost exactly like the American Office. ;)

Last week’s American sitcom theme was Malcolm in the Middle

This week was Modern Family, and then Agatha’s theme was, as Chris said, The (American) Office

Chris 20-02-2021 00:02

Actually it was the episode’s opening theme that was The Office ... we”d just watched an episode of that as it happens, and the kids spotted it straight away - and hummed along. Given the rumours flying around that John Krasinski was going to show up this week playing Reed Richards, it seems a mighty big coincidence that while there’s no Krasinski, there’s the theme tune of the show he’s most famous for. I’m wondering whether Marvel has been playing with the fan base by disseminating misinformation and then acknowledging it in the musical score.

Damien 20-02-2021 12:36

I've been watching the US Office again recently and didn't make the connection although afterwards, I remember thinking 'they should do an opening based on The Office' so subconsciously it must have registered.

Hugh 20-02-2021 12:54

Thanks - the opening scene "to camera" from the couch reminded me of Phil from Modern Family,

Damien 20-02-2021 13:07

I like Marvel but I am not their biggest fan. I find them fun, enjoyable films that I'll go to see and usually leave them at that. This is by far my favourite thing to have come out of them though, it's so different and inventive the way they're playing with the format and the audience's expectations.

Chris 20-02-2021 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36071388)
Thanks - the opening scene "to camera" from the couch reminded me of Phil from Modern Family,

Yes, the direction, setting and cutaway interviews were absolutely typical of Modern Family, although the mockumentary style itself was fairly widely used in the noughties.

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36071376)
I've been watching the US Office again recently and didn't make the connection although afterwards, I remember thinking 'they should do an opening based on The Office' so subconsciously it must have registered.

Listen to The (American) Office theme, then this week’s Wandavision ... you can absolutely hum one on top of the other. :D