Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Renewals & Cancellations (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33677755)

General Maximus 08-06-2017 13:28

Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 35902165)
24: Legacy has now been officially cancelled although fox is planning on turning it into an anthology series instead...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mor...er-one-season/

bring jack back!

BenMcr 08-06-2017 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35902201)
bring jack back!

They are ;)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/h...ailer-10433246

Quote:

Unleashed to the public on Tuesday, the 5-minute-long clip features all the favourite characters - Will Truman, Grace Adler, Karen Walker and Jack McFarland - and has deftly whet appetites for the show's return.

denphone 08-06-2017 14:04

Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35902190)
I've been a massive fan of Hawaii 5-0 since the new series launched. I have to admit, there were a couple of episodes near the beginning of this season where I wondered if the show had jumped the shark (click for an explanation of that phrase), but they really upped the quality of the storytelling after that.

Looking forward to season 8.

Don't forget the old series as that was pretty good as well with the legendary Jack Lord.:)

cimt 07-07-2017 01:56

Only just saw this but after cancelling Sens8, Netflix have decided to give it a 2 hour finale to air next year.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mor...2-hour-finale/

Paul 07-07-2017 02:05

Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35902190)
I've been a massive fan of Hawaii 5-0 since the new series launched. I have to admit, there were a couple of episodes near the beginning of this season where I wondered if the show had jumped the shark (click for an explanation of that phrase), but they really upped the quality of the storytelling after that.

Looking forward to season 8.

Two of the main stars are not returning.

Quote:

Stars Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park have departed CBS’ “Hawaii Five-0.” Their characters, Chin Ho Kelly and Kono Kalakaua, will not appear in the upcoming eighth season. The characters’ absence will be referenced in the season premiere.
Quote:

Sources tell Variety that Park and Kim had been seeking pay equality with stars Alex O’Loughlin and Scott Caan, but were unable to reach satisfactory deals with CBS Television Studios, which produces the series. Kim and Park were believed to be making 10-15% less than O’Loughlin and Caan.
http://renewcanceltv.com/hawaii-five...xit-cbs-drama/

MalteseFalcon 07-07-2017 07:30

Sucks, Grace Park was a great actress, and being a shallow man, easy on the eye too. Hopefully their replacements will be a good fit.

General Maximus 07-07-2017 11:24

yup, but on the other hand it creates new opportunities for her to be a babe in a new scifi show. I would love to see her in something like The Expanse.

Paul 20-07-2017 20:34

The CW have confirmed that Season 5 of The Originals will be its final season, their will not be a 6th season.

Rumours still persist that a TVD/TO spin-off is planned - based on the school run by Caroline and Alaric (that Hope was shipped off too).

cimt 23-07-2017 04:11

I saw that, all rumours say that it would be based on a teenage Hope. IMO TO didn't need a final season so it'll be interesting to see where they take it. Is it going to be 13 episodes again?

General Maximus 23-07-2017 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 35908823)
Is it going to be 13 episodes again?

Quote:

It’s all over but the bleeding. Executive producer Julie Plec has announced The Originals TV show will end with season five on The CW. Writer Carina MacKenzie recently confirmed there will be 13 episodes in what we now know to be the fifth and final season. “Many shows are not lucky enough to have a hand in deciding when the end has come…. Ending a show is always bittersweet, but for me, it’s a true blessing to be a part of making that choice,” Plec wrote.

A spinoff of The Vampire Diaries, which ended its eight season run earlier this year, The Originals is a supernatural drama following the Mikaelson family. They’re the world’s original vampires and are trying to reclaim New Orleans. The CW cast includes Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Charles Michael Davis, Yusuf Gatewood, and Riley Voelkel

I didn't want to start a new thread for it yet but there is a new Superman series coming out next year which could be good, it is called Krypton

Paul 23-07-2017 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 35908823)
Is it going to be 13 episodes again?

As far as I know, yes, it doesnt look like it will be back until 2018.

It also time jumps again, Hope is now a teenager (mid/late teens by the look of this teaser).

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

In other news ;

Iron Fist has been renewed for a second season.

Wynonna Earp has been renewed for a third season.

Paul 30-07-2017 00:59

Stranger Things has apparently been renewed for Season 3 by Netflix, it is expected to be released sometime in 2019.

pip08456 07-08-2017 02:06

Wynona Earp has been renewed for a 3rd season by Syfy.

---------- Post added at 02:06 ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35899429)
I wish they would do that for all series which get cancelled. Normally the current season has wrapped up filming long before the announcement to cancel it comes along so there is no way to go back and change the story(ies) to finish the series properly. The only exception I can think of, and it was ground breaking at the time, is Jericho.

Continuum. It was gived a short 6 ep 4th season to wrap up the story thanks to the fans on social media.

Paul 07-08-2017 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35911154)
Wynona Earp has been renewed for a 3rd season by Syfy.

;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35908892)
Iron Fist has been renewed for a second season.

Wynonna Earp has been renewed for a third season.

Paul 22-08-2017 03:57

Stranger Things has already renewed for Season 3.
However, co-creator Ross Duffer says he expects the Netflix series to end with Season 4.