Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Netflix/Streaming Services (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33695779)

passingbat 04-11-2014 03:08

Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35738984)
Agreed, the missing 24 episode and the football matches were unintentional. The lack of time to watch the boxsets is intentional.

And the rationale she gave for the short time period was laughable.

She should have been put on the spot and asked why the viewing period couldn't be extended.

vincerooney 04-11-2014 11:12

I think the wwe networks last minute decision to just having rolling monthly contracts in the UK is what caused the mess and failure to launch last night. Before the network was a 6 month commitment so about 35 quid. It would put some people off being tied down so more people probably would have bought one off events on sky box office.

Now people can keep watching pay per views online for 6 quid a pop and then immediately cancel if they wanted.

It's the only thing that makes sense if sky did get an injunction out last minute as they must have known what the network was about back in April then it launched in America

theone2k10 04-11-2014 11:16

Update from Wrestlezone.

The wwe network was delayed yesterday due to a legal issue between sky sports and wwe. Sky sports are apparently trying to block the network arriving in the U. K. this was a reason due to the launch collapsing on the 1st October too. Reports suggest wwe might try and pay sky for the ownership of the network.

denphone 04-11-2014 11:23

A leopard never changes its spots it seems.

theone2k10 04-11-2014 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35739024)
A leopard never changes its spots it seems.

True mate two reliable sources have said it's Sky now Wrestlezone and the twitter group the cor-poration8

vincerooney 04-11-2014 11:47

So id imagine it'll be pushed back to january now. absolute joke. i looked forward to my bus ride watching some of wrestlemania 2 on the way to work on my phone...

Stop It 04-11-2014 12:34

Wait, this didn't happen again?

I forgot to sign up last night and now this happens? Boo!

vincerooney 04-11-2014 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop It (Post 35739030)
Wait, this didn't happen again?

I forgot to sign up last night and now this happens? Boo!

sky tv the company with the morals of an alley cat. wwe the company run by chimpanzees

muppetman11 04-11-2014 13:53

Netflix arrives on YouView

Link

Stop It 04-11-2014 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 35739033)
sky tv the company with the morals of an alley cat. wwe the company run by chimpanzees

Sounds like a stupid situation all round. I can't believe this has been knocked back twice, especially as the 2nd time it looked all ready to go.

I honestly would likely throw money at the WWE Network thing so long as the stream quality is excellent, so it getting caught up by Sky being frankly annoying is exasperating :/

vincerooney 04-11-2014 16:21

Latest news: sky tv have denied all knowledge of stopping the network. Obviously from someone low down the chain might not be aware of the total story. But if true it takes another twist?

Did the wwe want a sky sports channel like the Canadian version and played chicken hoping sky would fold? Ridivulously risky if true. Or did they have technical issues? If they did surely they'd tell people about it?

Still smells of sky but here's a link of what I just saw

http://rajah.com/node/44038?utm_sour...medium=twitter

harry_hitch 04-11-2014 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 35739033)

LOL, yeah they are. Sadly though, that is what makes them so successful and why many others lag so far behind in the TV side of their respective businesses.:(

alwaysabear 04-11-2014 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 35739058)
Latest news: sky tv have denied all knowledge of stopping the network. Obviously from someone low down the chain might not be aware of the total story. But if true it takes another twist?

Did the wwe want a sky sports channel like the Canadian version and played chicken hoping sky would fold? Ridivulously risky if true. Or did they have technical issues? If they did surely they'd tell people about it?

Still smells of sky but here's a link of what I just saw

http://rajah.com/node/44038?utm_sour...medium=twitter

The info I have been given is that Sky paid £100 million for a five year deal earlier this year, I would expect them to defend their interests.

johnathome 04-11-2014 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35739069)
The info I have been given is that Sky paid £100 million for a five year deal earlier this year, I would expect them to defend their interests.

Other info i've seen suggest that although they signed a 5 year deal, as from January the PPV's aren't exclusive.

vincerooney 05-11-2014 11:06

Vince mcmahon has made a speech on twitters wwe network feed apologising. Again he mentions partnerships. Sky deny all knowledge. Do we think BT sport are getting involved?? BT sport wanted the wwe rights. Sky kept raw and smackdown. Do we think bt sport have done the unbelievable and are trying to launch the wwe network themselves?

Imagine the uproar. sky have the live raw and smackdown rights. BT sport offer the channel showcasing old raws and smackdowns, old wcw, old ecw, old ppv's etc. It would be another shot in the bt vs sky war.

Obviously if this is the case and he keeps mentioning "partnerships" which if its any connection to canada itll be a lousy network but it could be very intriguing twist in the sky vs bt war