Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : [Merged] Ashes to Ashes (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33627641)

sir_drinks_alot 11-04-2009 20:07

Re: [Merged] Ashes to Ashes

it's been moved to the 20th 21:00

lucy7 20-04-2009 21:11

Ashes to Ashes

New one on now, lets hope its a good series.

Rough, old school cops, those were the days!

Chris 20-04-2009 22:47

Now that was very good. Dirty, gritty and full of nostalgia.

Peter_ 20-04-2009 22:49

A fun romp through the Eighties.

Chris 20-04-2009 22:51

Anyone want to offer a theory as to who the nurses were looking after on the hospital bed at the very beginning?

Stephen 20-04-2009 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 34779733)
Anyone want to offer a theory as to who the nurses were looking after on the hospital bed at the very beginning?

I think it could be someone we have seen before, Possibly from Life on Mars

Russ 20-04-2009 23:28

Not sure about that but I did spot an error when she breath-tested Kevin - in 1982 they didn't have the elctronic hand-held devices, they used a plastic bag with colour-changing chemicals.

Peter_ 21-04-2009 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34779773)
Not sure about that but I did spot an error when she breath-tested Kevin - in 1982 they didn't have the elctronic hand-held devices, they used a plastic bag with colour-changing chemicals.

Yes I noticed but did not click at the time, they will get around it by saying its all in her mind.

sherer 21-04-2009 09:33

enjoyed this right up to the end where they had to go on about Princess Diana. Why on earth do we have to drag her in this ?

Hugh 21-04-2009 09:47

Perhaps it is because they are showing that someone else in her timeshift has also "come back" from the future (has foreknowledge of Diana's death).

Chris 21-04-2009 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherer (Post 34779899)
enjoyed this right up to the end where they had to go on about Princess Diana. Why on earth do we have to drag her in this ?

Diana was permanently big news at the time Ashes to Ashes is set - in the summer of 1982 she had been married to Charles for about a year and William had just been/was about to be born (depending on precisely when the series is set).

sir_drinks_alot 21-04-2009 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 34779771)
I think it could be someone we have seen before, Possibly from Life on Mars

well they did say that a old face from LOM would be returning so maybe it has something to do with that ? could it be sam !

soup dragon 21-04-2009 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 34779733)

I don't know who it is but i reckon it is the other 'back in time' person - if you get my drift?:erm:

Stephen 21-04-2009 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot (Post 34779961)
well they did say that a old face from LOM would be returning so maybe it has something to do with that ? could it be sam !

However didn't they already say that Sam died a few years previously at the start of series one?

I think the Diana thing is trying to show that maybe everything isn't in her mind and that someone else is there from the future. I really recognised the guys voice but can't really work out who he is. Or maybe her mind is just playing tricks on her.

Pierre 22-04-2009 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 34780047)
However didn't they already say that Sam died a few years previously at the start of series one?

I think the Diana thing is trying to show that maybe everything isn't in her mind and that someone else is there from the future. I really recognised the guys voice but can't really work out who he is. Or maybe her mind is just playing tricks on her.

Sam died at the end of season 2.

After recovering he decided he liked it better in his imaginary world and jumped off the top of the building.

Either way, who ever the "other" person is.......he's still just a figment of her imagination so it doesn't matter if he's dead or alive in real life.