Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Changes to Virgin TV (2020) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708568)

cheekyangus 07-01-2020 00:26

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottishSteve (Post 36022203)
It’s definitely coming as it replaces Universal Channel

On another note I notice VH-1 Xmas has been reverted back to MTV Rocks and the V6 EPG logo is a lot bigger which is sensible.

Maybe the rest of the MTV channels will follow suit.

Several of the UKTV logos got bigger a few weeks, maybe a month ago, I forget exactly. I mentioned it on here somewhere.

ScottishSteve 07-01-2020 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36022204)
Several of the UKTV logos got bigger a few weeks, maybe a month ago, I forget exactly. I mentioned it on here somewhere.

Yes it looks a lot better

The changes have happened

5HD is on 105
Paramount HD on 150

5Spike has gone already

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

VH1 now gone EPG now says MTV Classic with the bigger V6 EPG Logo the channel has just commenced at 00:50

I’m quite surprised that Channel 5 and Paramount SD are still there

nialli 07-01-2020 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottishSteve (Post 36022203)
It’s definitely coming as it replaces Universal Channel

On another note I notice VH-1 Xmas has been reverted back to MTV Rocks and the V6 EPG logo is a lot bigger which is sensible.

Maybe the rest of the MTV channels will follow suit.

Wikipedia even gives Sky Comedy channel numbers for Virgin:
Channel 121 (HD)
Channel 122 (SD)
Channel 206 (+1)

cheekyangus 07-01-2020 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottishSteve (Post 36022205)
Yes it looks a lot better

The changes have happened

5HD is on 105
Paramount HD on 150

5Spike has gone already

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

VH1 now gone EPG now says MTV Classic with the bigger V6 EPG Logo the channel has just commenced at 00:50

I’m quite surprised that Channel 5 and Paramount SD are still there

There have been even more changes to Viacom channel numbers.
Comedy Central HD is now 132
MTV HD is now 134
Comedy Central SD is now 181
MTV SD is now 183

And as you say, still present, Channel 5 SD is 154 and Paramount SD is 187.

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

Additional. I forgot to say the HD versions of Comedy Central and MTV have NOT changed packages, so the guide order for some customers reads greyed out main channel next to available +1 channel and the SD available version much further down the EPG.

SonicMaster 07-01-2020 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36022215)
There have been even more changes to Viacom channel numbers.
Comedy Central HD is now 132
MTV HD is now 134
Comedy Central SD is now 181
MTV SD is now 183

And as you say, still present, Channel 5 SD is 154 and Paramount SD is 187.

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

Additional. I forgot to say the HD versions of Comedy Central and MTV have NOT changed packages, so the guide order for some customers reads greyed out main channel next to available +1 channel and the SD available version much further down the EPG.

This is a very poor way to implement an HD swap of sorts. Now the majority of VM customers will have to search for these channels far down the EPG, and the ratings may suffer as a result.

MTV Rocks and MTV Classic have new style logos but all the others have the old style, so it looks very messy on the EPG.

jobbie8 07-01-2020 13:00

An onscreen message says MTV is free until February 7th.

Media Boy UK 07-01-2020 16:41

We have been told today by Media Boy Sources that they have seen information that said Sky are set to rebrand two Sky own channels as "Sky Action" and "Sky Drama".
Our scources are thinking Sky Two will become Sky Drama but are not sure about Sky Action.

Horizon 07-01-2020 17:34

I would look out for a future Sky kids channel too.

vincerooney 07-01-2020 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 36022213)
Wikipedia even gives Sky Comedy channel numbers for Virgin:
Channel 121 (HD)
Channel 122 (SD)
Channel 206 (+1)

i dont think wikipedia is massively accurate...i once made my own article and it suvived a few days

Raider999 07-01-2020 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicMaster (Post 36022237)
This is a very poor way to implement an HD swap of sorts. Now the majority of VM customers will have to search for these channels far down the EPG, and the ratings may suffer as a result.

MTV Rocks and MTV Classic have new style logos but all the others have the old style, so it looks very messy on the EPG.

If you are looking for HD channels, why not use the HD option to restrict the EPG to HD channels?

RegularCapital 07-01-2020 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 36022257)
I would look out for a future Sky kids channel too.

As Sky/Comcast now owns the non-UKTV Flextech channels, I guess a future Sky Kids channel would be a revived successor to TCC (The Children's Channel). Comcast owns Dreamworks Animation, so there's already a sizable library, plus the content they've already commissioned for their Sky Kids/NOW TV Kids streaming service. In the US, there's also a Universal Kids channel, they also co-owned KidsCo, a children's channel in Continental Europe which has since closed, despite being UK based, it was never available in the UK.

Sky has also signed an agreement with WarnerMedia for their kids content, but it's likely that this will be for VOD only and in the Cartoon Network/Boomerang/Cartoonito sections of the service as well as their respective channels and won't air on a hypothetical channel.

Phunkenstein 07-01-2020 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36022256)
We have been told today by Media Boy Sources that they have seen information that said Sky are set to rebrand two Sky own channels as "Sky Action" and "Sky Drama".
Our scources are thinking Sky Two will become Sky Drama but are not sure about Sky Action.

Curious to see if this comes true.

A lot of Sky 1’s current US output skews towards action so things like H5O, MacGyver, Magnum, SWAT, Seal Team and the Cinemax shows like Jett and Warrior could easily anchor an ‘action’ channel.

Drama seems a little less clear unless they are thinking more bingeable and female skewing content like Gossip Girl or Nashville - or maybe (just to randomly speculate in case do have the rights) some of the HBO Max original dramas which are aimed at younger audiences.

SonicMaster 07-01-2020 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36022264)
If you are looking for HD channels, why not use the HD option to restrict the EPG to HD channels?

Erm. I'm not. That's the point.

cheekyangus 08-01-2020 10:01

According to JJ20X on Forumbox the subscription pack codes for MTV HD and Comedy Central HD have both been changed overnight.

MTV HD will currently be available to M/Player, More, Mix, M+ & L/Fun
Comedy Central HD Mix, M+ & L/Fun

The implementation of the changes suggests MTV HD's availability will change at the end of the Free period, just like the SD version. Apparently there's an on-screen message, but it's not showing to me. I normally have the SD version of the channel so maybe not seeing the message is an indication that the HD version will remain to some afterwards.

SonicMaster 08-01-2020 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36022296)
According to JJ20X on Forumbox the subscription pack codes for MTV HD and Comedy Central HD have both been changed overnight.

MTV HD will currently be available to M/Player, More, Mix, M+ & L/Fun
Comedy Central HD Mix, M+ & L/Fun

The implementation of the changes suggests MTV HD's availability will change at the end of the Free period, just like the SD version. Apparently there's an on-screen message, but it's not showing to me. I normally have the SD version of the channel so maybe not seeing the message is an indication that the HD version will remain to some afterwards.

Now it makes sense. So looks like Comedy Central HD and MTV HD are joining Mix, M+, L & Fun permanently, plus MTV HD is having a 'free view' on M & Player too.