Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : New Pick 'n' Mix option TV bundles (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707632)

Mad Max 06-05-2019 16:14

Re: New Pick 'n' Mix option TV bundles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 35993816)
Well we are talking about the VVIP package aren't we? It includes an unlimited sim card so adds to the value. But you didn't answer the question, how much are all 4 services from other providers or separately from VM?

My mistake, i was talking about the VIP pack not the VVIP, and I still think it's overpriced, for instance why do they insist that you take their landline? Most people have mobile phones and probably dont need a landline, but they insist that you need to take it, unless that has changed recently.

cheekyangus 06-05-2019 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35993899)
My mistake, i was talking about the VIP pack not the VVIP, and I still think it's overpriced, for instance why do they insist that you take their landline? Most people have mobile phones and probably dont need a landline, but they insist that you need to take it, unless that has changed recently.

I think VM look on it as an easy way to make a little money. Virtually everyone on non-VM broadband, on a BT line, has to pay line rental, so they are taking advantage of customers expecting to pay for it, even though with VM it's not necessary.

Mythica 06-05-2019 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35993899)

But you still didn't answer the question. How much are all four services or equivalent from VM or other service providers. It's not at all overpriced, it might be expensive but that doesn't mean overpriced.

muppetman11 06-05-2019 17:35

I'm not sure why any home user needs 500mb broadband at the moment.

Mythica 06-05-2019 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35993908)
I'm not sure why any home user needs 500mb broadband at the moment.

Who needs Sky Sports or HD? For most people most things in life are a want, not a need.

RichardCoulter 06-05-2019 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 35993888)
The price is all over VMs website. No waffle or spin, it's there. I think your attitude to VM staff is disgraceful even if they are getting stuff wrong.

If someone doesn't need the VVIP package then of course its not going to be good value. At it's most expensive of £139 it still represents good value if you want the quad package. It's the top package they offer, how much cheaper do people want it to be.

I don't respond well to people who are trying to sell me something that can barely speak English. If I ask a question, I expect it to be answered without all the waffle. There were things on the website that weren't clear, but I CBA going into them.

Now, onto something more important for those who are thinking of taking out V.VIP. There have been reports that BT Sport disappears from Virgin TV Go when this package has been added. Upon calling CS, they are apparently telling people that VM has lost the rights to BT Sport and that it will soon disappear from linear TV too.

Has anyone got any experience of this?

jfman 06-05-2019 17:58

I’m inclined to agree it’s a mystery, however I think the same almost every time the top tier moves and the Internet catches up.

When I dust off the PS4 and start to play a game it informs me I’ve a 20gb download to do and I end up digging out an Ethernet cable to get the fastest speeds.

Mythica 06-05-2019 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35993912)
I don't respond well to people who are trying to sell me something that can barely speak English. If I ask a question, I expect it to be answered without all the waffle. There were things on the website that weren't clear, but I CBA going into them.

Now, onto something more important for those who are thinking of taking out V.VIP. There have been reports that BT Sport disappears from Virgin TV Go. Has anyone got any experience of this?

Well I'd get someone to ring up on your behalf as rudeness is no excuse for anything. You certainly wouldn't put up with people being rude to you. My personal opinion is you knew exactly what was going to happen but did it anyway. Everything on the website is clear for the VVIP package in my eyes.

What reports are you talking about?

RichardCoulter 06-05-2019 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 35993914)
Well I'd get someone to ring up on your behalf as rudeness is no excuse for anything. You certainly wouldn't put up with people being rude to you. My personal opinion is you knew exactly what was going to happen but did it anyway. Everything on the website is clear for the VVIP package in my eyes.

What reports are you talking about?

It appears that you are deliberately trying to stir up trouble again, so i'm bringing this conversation to a close

jfman 06-05-2019 18:04

The Community forum seems littered with technical issues. If it’s a rights issue they’d not be on the TV either.

It’d be rather foolish to advertise
Quote:

Over 300 channels of binge-tastic telly including BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD.
if you know that to be valid for less than 4 weeks.

Mythica 06-05-2019 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35993916)
It appears that you are deliberately trying to stir up trouble again, so i'm bringing this conversation to a close

No I'm seeing it how I see it. I've never once told anyone to stop waffling when I've rang them up.

What reports were you talking about?

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 35993917)
The Community forum seems littered with technical issues. If it’s a rights issue they’d not be on the TV either.

It’d be rather foolish to advertise if you know that to be valid for less than 4 weeks.

Looking on the community forums, it seems to have been an issue from around 3 weeks ago which is now fixed for most people. I'm on the VIP package (not VVIP) and it's working for me.

muppetman11 06-05-2019 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 35993909)
Who needs Sky Sports or HD? For most people most things in life are a want, not a need.

People who want an easy way to legally watch certain Sport in the UK.

jfman 06-05-2019 18:22

Quote:

Looking on the community forums, it seems to have been an issue from around 3 weeks ago which is now fixed for most people. I'm on the VIP package (not VVIP) and it's working for me.
That’s good to know, probably put the fix in for VIP and forgot they were about to launch a new tier. :)

Mythica 06-05-2019 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35993926)
People who want to legally watch certain Sport in the UK.

Yes that's a want not a need. Nobody needs 500Mb but plenty of people want it. Nobody needs Sky Sports in HD but plenty of people want it.

muppetman11 06-05-2019 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 35993929)
Yes that's a want not a need. Nobody needs 500Mb but plenty of people want it. Nobody needs Sky Sports in HD but plenty of people want it.

Plenty want 500mb define plenty ?