Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   PM Boris forms a government (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707714)

Mr K 29-05-2019 11:47

Re: Leadership who is the next PM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35996956)
Boris might self-detonate on the campaign trial again.

Well he is due in court soon ;)

mrmistoffelees 29-05-2019 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35996961)
Well he is due in court soon ;)

:clap:

richard s 30-05-2019 20:21

Which back stabber shall we pick then?

Mr K 31-05-2019 07:27

Today, I'm officially announcing I'm standing for leadership of the Conservative Party. I'm not a member but shouldn't be a problem, as lying is a prerequisite.

Hugh 31-05-2019 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35997306)
Today, I'm officially announcing I'm standing for leadership of the Conservative Party. I'm not a member but shouldn't be a problem, as lying is a prerequisite.

Not true.

It’s not a prerequisite, just desirable (in the job description).

denphone 31-05-2019 09:59

Quote:

You can join a Conservative club Mr K as that is something to consider for yourself.;)

OLD BOY 31-05-2019 15:16

Quote:

Obviously, you think that other political parties are squeaky clean, Mr K. In which case you are extremely gullible!

denphone 31-05-2019 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35997385)
Obviously, you think that other political parties are squeaky clean, Mr K. In which case you are extremely gullible!

None of the parties are squeaky clean end of....

Hugh 31-05-2019 17:35

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35997385)

That’s an "interesting" interpretation...

That’s like thinking if Mr K said "I like carrots", interpreting it to mean "I hate all other vegetables"... ;)

OLD BOY 31-05-2019 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35997407)
That’s an "interesting" interpretation...

That’s like thinking if Mr K said "I like carrots", interpreting it to mean "I hate all other vegetables"... ;)

No, it's not. The clear insinuation of Mr K's comment was that only Conservative MPs lied.

Hugh 31-05-2019 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35997421)
No, it's not. The clear insinuation of Mr K's comment was that only Conservative MPs lied.

To you, perhaps...

For instance, in this thread two days ago, Mr K stated
Quote:

I'd gladly see Blair and Clegg in court. Politicians should be brought to account if they deliberately deceive. We just seem to accept they lie these days.
In another thread, when someone posted that perhaps those earning more should pay more tax, you interpreted that to mean they thought everyone should earn the same, when they hadn’t even mentioned that.

What you thought they thought they meant they thought isn’t always what they thought you’d think they’d thought (I think). ;)

OLD BOY 01-06-2019 01:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35997432)
To you, perhaps...

For instance, in this thread two days ago, Mr K stated

In another thread, when someone posted that perhaps those earning more should pay more tax, you interpreted that to mean they thought everyone should earn the same, when they hadn’t even mentioned that.

What you thought they thought they meant they thought isn’t always what they thought you’d think they’d thought (I think). ;)

Yes, very confusing. However, perhaps we can all agree that laid back uptown people lie. I feel a song coming on....:tired:

1andrew1 01-06-2019 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35996950)
When you watch interviews like this one, it is unthinkable that any sane person would want Boris for PM:

If you're a Remainer in the Conservative Party, Boris could be a sane choice for you. With his track record exposed in this video, he could be the one Brexiter to "betray" Brexit and get away with it! ;)

OLD BOY 01-06-2019 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35997472)
If you're a Remainer in the Conservative Party, Boris could be a sane choice for you. With his track record exposed in this video, he could be the one Brexiter to "betray" Brexit and get away with it! ;)

Just for the record, I don't want Boris.

I have seen Trump in action and the last thing we need is another buffoon.

But I do want a sensible Brexiteer with vision!!

1andrew1 01-06-2019 03:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35997474)
But I do want a sensible Brexiteer with vision!!

No comment.:D
The closest to that is Michael Gove.