Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

denphone 26-11-2018 17:38

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35972540)
24*7 news is a big problem in this regard, as well the competition between the papers.
Reporting the news is no longer enough, it's about having headlines that make people buy the paper.
"Limited chance of your child meeting a paedophile" won't sell as many papers as "3,000,000 paedophiles are waiting around the corner to grab your child!"

Spot on Mr LM.:tu:

Hom3r 29-11-2018 20:17

The unfit for purpose Highways agency (or whatever its called)

At work listening to Radio 5 Live and it tell me the M11 is shut in both directions between my home (J7) and work (J8).

I look on the AA site to confirm this.

I drop someone off and then normally drive back to the M11.

As I go past the junction there is no police or anyone blocking the slip road and the matrix board is off, and I can see cars driving down the "Closed" M11.

I took the back way and traffic was murder on the country roads.

The last time I got caught out it took me 3 hours to go 5 miles,

weenie 01-12-2018 13:26

:rant:
People who use every trick in the book to try and make you feel bad about yourself even though 98% of people in your life tell you that your doing great there is that 2% that try and make you feel like shit for changing to better your life and families!

The best advice I was ever given was that (Remember nobody can manipulate you without your consent and cooperation) only you allow this to happen and only you can change it, if these people have a problem with being told no then it's their problem not yours.

I was put to the test this week and as usual this person tried to use their old tactics of emotional blackmail but I was strong enough to say no, so maybe this should be a happy thought :shrug: but inside I do feel slightly bad at saying no even though I have a legitimate reason at saying no and if I said yes my son and I would have been the one's to suffer as it's his school service that day and he really wants me to be there.

I need to remember that I offered this person a solution by saying that hubby would take a holiday and take them but no they would rather get the bus (IMO this is emotional blackmail)

I just can't go back to being expected to do everything as it is mine who suffer and I will not allow that to happen again EVER!

Rant over...

heero_yuy 02-12-2018 17:17

Bloody electricity smart meter remote display thingy. Keeps rebooting and not displaying what I want it to. (Current watts) Going to dump the piece of crap in the lecky cupboard uncharged and dead. I'd like to execute it with a large lump hammer but guess I can't.

I have my own monitor that gives far more info.

nashville 02-12-2018 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35973438)
Bloody electricity smart meter remote display thingy. Keeps rebooting and not displaying what I want it to. (Current watts) Going to dump the piece of crap in the lecky cupboard uncharged and dead. I'd like to execute it with a large lump hammer but guess I can't.

I have my own monitor that gives far more info.

Thank goodness I have not got one ;)

heero_yuy 02-12-2018 18:55

To be fair, the basic smart meter installation (Electric) is pretty accurate as cross checked on my NAMAS traceable kit. It's the consumer display part that is total rubbish.

It'll die in the cupboard. Good riddance.

peanut 03-12-2018 16:59

My moan...Not having the CF Christmas theme already and missing the moaning that goes with it. :)

denphone 03-12-2018 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35973566)
My moan...Not having the CF Christmas theme already and missing the moaning that goes with it. :)

Don't speak too soon peanut.;)

Mr_love_monkey 07-12-2018 10:54

The wireless doorbell has given up the ghost... so I've had to buy a new one.
It's going to be delivered today... I just hope I hear them knock...

Hugh 07-12-2018 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35974135)
The wireless doorbell has given up the ghost... so I've had to buy a new one.
It's going to be delivered today... I just hope I hear them knock...

Is anybody there?

Knock once for yes, twice for no... ;)

Tinky 10-12-2018 12:08

We've been without hot water and central heating since last Wednesday, had to wait for spare parts for boiler brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! We are now £220 worse off. Next Mr T thinks he has shingles, his 1.30pm Doctor's appointment will confirm...............they say things come in 3s. :erm::(

denphone 10-12-2018 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35974525)
We've been without hot water and central heating since last Wednesday, had to wait for spare parts for boiler brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! We are now £220 worse off. Next Mr T thinks he has shingles, his 1.30pm Doctor's appointment will confirm...............they say things come in 3s. :erm::(

l hope things pick up for you both very soon Tinky as lets hope this is the end of it all.:hugs:

nashville 10-12-2018 13:15

Hope things get sorted quickly Tinky.

Tinky 10-12-2018 16:59

Thank you Den and Nash. Thankfully Mr T does not have shingles. We have a nice warm house again and I won £50 on the bandit, happy, happy. :):):)

heero_yuy 10-12-2018 17:41

Good news Tinky :tu: Last thing you need is family illness over the festive period.

Hom3r 10-12-2018 18:43

Centre lane hoggers with nothing in front of them driving at 65mph who brake fo zero reason.

TheDaddy 10-12-2018 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35974628)
Thank you Den and Nash. Thankfully Mr T does not have shingles. We have a nice warm house again and I won £50 on the bandit, happy, happy. :):):)

You were right, good things come in three's, glad it's all sorted

nashville 10-12-2018 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35974628)

Good News ;)

arcimedes 12-12-2018 08:07

E-mail from HMRC. You owe us 80p! Payup or else. It must cost them more than that just to process the payment!

tweetiepooh 12-12-2018 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcimedes (Post 35974912)
E-mail from HMRC. You owe us 80p! Payup or else. It must cost them more than that just to process the payment!

Send them a cheque and cost them more.

They don't usually bother with amounts less than £1 or rather they round down for your costs and up for your benefits.

arcimedes 12-12-2018 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 35974932)
Send them a cheque and cost them more.

They don't usually bother with amounts less than £1 or rather they round down for your costs and up for your benefits.

Very sensible suggestion! So that would cost me more in postage and an envelope.

denphone 12-12-2018 18:49

We have just had a phone call from my tearful Mum as she saw her doctor today after he asked her to come in as the surgery had just received her blood tests back.

She has been told she is anaemic but of even more concern after the doctor examined her is that he felt a lump near where the liver is so she is now being fast tracked to have a CT scan which hopefully should happen in the next two weeks.

nashville 12-12-2018 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35975059)
We have just had a phone call from my tearful Mum as she saw her doctor today after he asked her to come in as the surgery had just received her blood tests back.

She has been told she is anaemic but of even more concern after the doctor examined her is that he felt a lump near where the liver is so she is now being fast tracked to have a CT scan which hopefully should happen in the next two weeks.

Hope it is nothing serious Den,

denphone 13-12-2018 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35975084)

Yes we are all just hoping and praying that the scan does not show anything seriously untoward nash.

TheDaddy 13-12-2018 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35975154)
Yes we are all just hoping and praying that the scan does not show anything seriously untoward nash.

Fingers crossed for her

Mr_love_monkey 13-12-2018 07:52

The company I work for, that will remain nameless, and makes literally billions of dollars each year was asking for 'contributions' towards our Christmas do last night from all the people attending.

weenie 13-12-2018 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35975154)

Oh den sending you big hugs :hugs:

Hom3r 14-12-2018 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35975177)
The company I work for, that will remain nameless, and makes literally billions of dollars each year was asking for 'contributions' towards our Christmas do last night from all the people attending.

My poo hole of a company is closed over Christmas and we have been made to take 3 days holiday, and I only get 22.

I was 20 days but every 3 years you get a extra day up to 5 days.

Whats worse is we take holdays by hours, the 20 days is converted in to 8 hours per day.

But we largely do 9 hour days, under the old system 8 hour days worked to 20 days, buy under 9 hours this is just over 17 days.

Previous company I had after 8 years 32 days holiday and on that I had the 8 days bank holidays so 40 days total.

SnoopZ 14-12-2018 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35975432)
My poo hole of a company is closed over Christmas and we have been made to take 3 days holiday, and I only get 22.

Whats worse is we take holdays by hours, the 20 days is converted in to 8 hours per day.

But we largely do 9 hour days, under the old system 8 hour days worked to 20 days, buy under 9 hours this is just over 17 days.

Previous company I had after 8 years 32 days holiday and on that I had the 8 days bank holidays so 40 days total.

Not good, we get 25 days plus bank holidays then we can buy an extra 5 days with our years flexible benefits we get.

What annoys me is from next year employees have to put a set % into the company pension which will eat up the benefits or it has to come out of wages.

Angua 15-12-2018 09:43

Dreadful food and boring music at the works Christmas do.

Feels like music these days seems to hang around forever, making it difficult if not impossible for new talent to be heard.

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35975432)

Technically your holiday should be a minimum 28 normal working days a year including Bank Holidays. If your normal working day is 9 hours the holiday entitlement is calculated on this basis, so should be 252 hours a year. https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-ho...-year/45.0/5.0

Where I work, if you regularly work a few hours overtime, this contributes to your holiday entitlement. Then I get 6 weeks leave a year as it is a good company to work for.

heero_yuy 15-12-2018 09:56

Just seen the TV schedules for Christmas day: What utter crap!

I'll have to get some fresh downloads otherwise there's no point in even powering up the box. Or maybe binge on season 7 of GoT.

denphone 15-12-2018 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angua (Post 35975467)
Dreadful food and boring music at the works Christmas do.

Feels like music these days seems to hang around forever, making it difficult if not impossible for new talent to be heard.

Well if the food was of the usual cheap as chips variety l cannot say l am surprised at that Angua.

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35975471)

I'll have to get some fresh downloads otherwise there's no point in even powering up the box. Or maybe binge on season 7 of GoT.

But you don't watch the BBC anyway Heero so you are limiting your options.:naughty::naughty:

SnoopZ 15-12-2018 10:13

Quote:

Fire up Kodi!

My moan is I have just lost internet!

heero_yuy 15-12-2018 10:15

Have you actually seen the rubbish the BBC is putting out for the big day? I would rather have root canal work without anesthetic than have to watch that crap. Fortunately we boycott the BBC because it has no good programming for us.

denphone 15-12-2018 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35975479)
Have you actually seen the rubbish the BBC is putting out for the big day? I would rather have root canal work without anesthetic than have to watch that crap. Fortunately we boycott the BBC because it has no good programming for us.

The BBC has to appeal to a large and varied audience which might not suit some viewers heero in the process.

heero_yuy 15-12-2018 10:27

Quote:

Quote from denphone:

The BBC has to appeal to a large and varied audience which might not suit some viewers heero in the process.
Looks like the bottom half of the bell curve to me.

But it's not just the BBC (which we don't watch) it's all the main channels. Just wall to wall crap.

SnoopZ 15-12-2018 10:47

I never watch the main channels either, it's usually all bollocks which is made worse over Christmas.

Hom3r 15-12-2018 18:37

Strictly, please for the love of god how they can drag this shower for 2.5 hours tonight.

I mean 4 dancer 10 minutes each 40 mins so nearly 2 hours of licence payers padding, lets not talk about the non claping in time of the audiance.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Quote:

For me thats a good thing.

More family time rather than sitting in front of the box.

SnoopZ 15-12-2018 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35975516)
Strictly, please for the love of god how they can drag this shower for 2.5 hours tonight.

I mean 4 dancer 10 minutes each 40 mins so nearly 2 hours of licence payers padding, lets not talk about the non claping in time of the audiance.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

For me thats a good thing.

More family time rather than sitting in front of the box.

You seem to know alot about strictly, are you being forced to watch it? ;)

Hom3r 15-12-2018 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35975523)
You seem to know alot about strictly, are you being forced to watch it? ;)

Yes, my mum and dad love it.

Personally I'd rather be locked on a room for the rest of my life with someone with terminal flatuance :D

nashville 16-12-2018 18:21

Looked all the updates for Christmas too, Nothing worth watching ,

denphone 17-12-2018 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35975084)

Well she has just got a date for one test this afternoon through them just phoning her up so that test will be Thursday for her but she is still waiting for a date for the CT scan nash.

Angua 17-12-2018 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35975538)
Yes, my mum and dad love it.

Personally I'd rather be locked on a room for the rest of my life with someone with terminal flatuance :D

Still one of the most popular shows on the BBC despite the cheap costumes and tacky plastic glitter ball trophy.

I shall moan that the worst dancer of the night won. But that s the public vote for you.

Mr K 18-12-2018 08:27

Christmas. It's a load of humbug.
Norovirus, flu, permanent wet darkness, puke on every street corner, drunk drivers, relatives, that fecking Slade song, trying to do your weekly shop, bloody religion poking it's nose in etc., etc....

Hugh 18-12-2018 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35975864)
Norovirus, flu, permanent wet darkness, puke on every street corner, drunk drivers, relatives, that fecking Slade song, trying to do your weekly shop, bloody religion poking it's nose in etc., etc....

Bah, humbug.

It’s a great time of the year, meeting up with far-flung family, and (most) people are in a happy frame of mind.

denphone 18-12-2018 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35975864)

l always though Ebenezer Scrooge had a close relative hiding his real character on this forum as l have had a suspicion for a while that it might be you Mr K.;)

Mr_love_monkey 18-12-2018 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35975865)
Bah, humbug.

It’s a great time if the year, meeting up with far-flung family, and (most) people are in a happy frame of mind.

Agree - most people are happier around this time, and it just makes everything that little but more pleasant.

joglynne 18-12-2018 10:16

I am really looking forward to Christmas this year, although there will be great sadness that two of our dearest friends are not alive to celebrate with us, I am alive.

I have survived one the blackest, hardest 2 years and now been given the gift of life. My aim is once again to grow even older, even more disgracefully and on my own terms.

So Happy Christmas world. I am rebuilding my shoe collection. :D

weenie 18-12-2018 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35975885)
I am really looking forward to Christmas this year, although there will be great sadness that two of our dearest friends are not alive to celebrate with us, I am alive.

I have survived one the blackest, hardest 2 years and now been given the gift of life. My aim is once again to grow even older, even more disgracefully and on my own terms.

You go girl & I truly love your attitude, your amazing JO Merry Christmas to you and yours enjoy xx

:hugs:

TheDaddy 18-12-2018 22:25

Quote:

Rebuilding or just growing

Merry Christmas Jo, you to weenie

denphone 19-12-2018 05:18

Quote:

Merry Christmas Jo to you and your family :xmas: as l gather your show collection night well be into three figures now with another shoe cupboard bolted on for good measure in your home.;)

---------- Post added at 05:18 ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35975905)
You go girl & I truly love your attitude, your amazing JO Merry Christmas to you and yours enjoy xx

:hugs:

l hope you have a lovely Christmas weenie with all your family this year.:xmas:

joglynne 19-12-2018 09:03

Thanks Daddy and den and a hug for weenie.

:( I sold off and donated much of my shoes collection when I hit rock bottom physically and emotionally. I sorted out my affairs and did a lot of things to try to make it easier for my family in what I believed would be a hard time for them to deal with considering my failing health and what we all thought would happen in the near future.

Forward 2 years, with the help of the NHS and the miracle of medical science and here I am to-day. Alive and kicking, eyeing up new high heels and giving John cause to grin as he hold on tightly to his debit card. So Happy Thread times are here again.:)

heero_yuy 19-12-2018 09:34

Glad you're feeing better Jo and looking forwards to some retail therapy.

denphone 20-12-2018 16:13

A chesty cough which stopped me sleeping much last night.:(

Hom3r 20-12-2018 19:21

Did our Christmas shop.

Got to the checkout and the over 18 warning came up.

I said to the woman, we ain't bought any booze.

She looked it was the cream for Christmas Pud, which has alcohol in it.

I understand stopping kids getting booze, but I mean this is taking the mick.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

My biggest moan two words

"Jamie Oliver"

SnoopZ 20-12-2018 20:12

I got stopped at the scan as you shop till in Tesco, ...... For a box of Christmas crackers!!!

denphone 22-12-2018 10:30

A well known supermarket this morning at 7 as the car park was nearly full when we got there , then there were the rude and ignorant customers who seem to have forgotten that being polite and well mannered does not cost anything as a please or thank you seemed to be in very short supply in there.:(:td:

Mr K 22-12-2018 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35976518)
A well known supermarket this morning at 7 as the car park was nearly full when we got there , then there were the rude and ignorant customers who seem to have forgotten that being polite and well mannered does not cost anything as a please or thank you seemed to be in very short supply in there.:(:td:

Book a home delivery next year Den, not been near a supermarket at Xmas for years. Book early though the Xmas slots fill up as soon as they become available weeks before.

denphone 22-12-2018 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35976520)
Book a home delivery next year Den, not been near a supermarket at Xmas for years. Book early though the Xmas slots fill up as soon as they become available weeks before.

You still have to get the fresh produce Mr K and we don't like buying that online.

Mr K 22-12-2018 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35976523)
You still have to get the fresh produce Mr K and we don't like buying that online.

Ah, well I've got an Allotment for that Den. I shall be digging up my parsnips Xmas morning ! (aiming for self sufficiency post Brexit ;) )

Hom3r 23-12-2018 19:40

Low fat Cheddar cheese

I'm making some home made cheese straws.

But I bought low fat cheese, which I put some grated on top.

But it doesn't melt properly.

They have Emmental, cheddar & parmesan

SnoopZ 23-12-2018 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35976756)
Low fat Cheddar cheese

Yes mild cheddar cheese is pointless trying to melt when doing Cheese on toast so we always use the normal stuff.

denphone 24-12-2018 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35976756)
Low fat Cheddar cheese

l tried it once many years ago and that was enough for me :td: as you cannot beat proper good quality cheddar cheese.

heero_yuy 24-12-2018 10:38

Main PC seems to have gone belly up: I've been running a media server on it so it's been on 24/7 and this morning was getting senile, like they do, and not properly updating the screen in FF so I rebooted only to have a complete crash and reset during Windows startup. It'll start in safe mode just not normally. Looks like the graphics card is the problem judging by the point in the boot that it resets.

I guess the first thing is to pull the card, clean the contacts and re-seat it.

At least I have the lappy as stand by.

Edit:

Just pulled the card and all the main electrolytic capacitors in the on-board power supplies have bulging safety vets and have oozed liquid out (now dried to powder). Looks like replacements are called for. I'll have to order them after Xmas as I don't have anything suitable in the bitsa box. I can probably nail something on to get it going pro-tem. No real surprise as I built this PC over ten years ago. At the time it was almost state of the art.

New year, new build called for.

Edit:

Pulled the caps off the board and they have no measurable value so I think its given.

nashville 25-12-2018 00:29

Christmas is a sad time when we remember our loved ones gone but a happy time that brings us together with our families, a peaceful time too, So Happy Christmas have fun,

raging bull 25-12-2018 11:58

We had a new addition yesterday, a grand daughter for my youngest daughter.

SnoopZ 25-12-2018 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by raging bull (Post 35976856)
We had a new addition yesterday, a grand daughter for my youngest daughter.

Why is this a Moan? lol

heero_yuy 25-12-2018 12:25

I think someone's been at the Christmas sherry a bit early. LOL :D

SnoopZ 25-12-2018 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35976858)
I think someone's been at the Christmas sherry a bit early. LOL :D

Could never stand that poison when my Nana drank it!

nashville 25-12-2018 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35976019)
Thanks Daddy and den and a hug for weenie.

:( I sold off and donated much of my shoes collection when I hit rock bottom physically and emotionally. I sorted out my affairs and did a lot of things to try to make it easier for my family in what I believed would be a hard time for them to deal with considering my failing health and what we all thought would happen in the near future.

Forward 2 years, with the help of the NHS and the miracle of medical science and here I am to-day. Alive and kicking, eyeing up new high heels and giving John cause to grin as he hold on tightly to his debit card. So Happy Thread times are here again.:)

Stay happy and confident Jo, Happy Christmas, ;)

joglynne 25-12-2018 15:11

Thanks nash. xxx

peanut 26-12-2018 10:27

The usual sales gimmicks such as advertising "50% off everything" In huge letters, but you don't notice the small 'up to' writing they seem to hide close by. Therefore only something that no one will ever buy is the only thing that has 50% off.

denphone 26-12-2018 10:44

l looked at Amazons Boxing day sale earlier today peanut.:td:

MalteseFalcon 26-12-2018 17:12

Found out today that I am going to be an uncle, courtesy of my 20 yo sister.

peanut 26-12-2018 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon (Post 35976936)

Is that a bad thing?

heero_yuy 26-12-2018 17:37

Looks like somebody else has been at the sherry.:D

denphone 26-12-2018 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35976941)
Looks like somebody else has been at the sherry.:D

You do seem to be setting a bad example lately heero.:D

nashville 26-12-2018 17:46

My moan is I have been feeling very dizzy and find I am staggering to the side and almost fell, ( not with alcohol,I can assure you). I think I have Vertigo, I hope our surgery is open tomorrow and I get an appointment, Anyone had this type of thing?

heero_yuy 26-12-2018 17:55

Quote:

Quote from denphone:

You do seem to be setting a bad example lately heero.:D
Moi? :angel:

Anyhow it's Southern Comfort.

denphone 26-12-2018 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35976943)
My moan is I have been feeling very dizzy and find I am staggering to the side and almost fell, ( not with alcohol,I can assure you). I think I have Vertigo, I hope our surgery is open tomorrow and I get an appointment, Anyone had this type of thing?

l hope you are going to be alright nash as if it continues and you can't get a Doctors appointment tomorrow my advice would be to go up to your local A&E.

nashville 26-12-2018 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35976947)
l hope you are going to be alright nash as if it continues and you can't get a Doctors appointment tomorrow my advice would be to go up to your local A&E.

Thanks Den ;)

Hom3r 26-12-2018 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon (Post 35976936)

As an uncle myself its a great job to have.

Both my nephew & niece know one call and I'm there.

One thing I did when they were both 2 weeks old with their mum approval I opened bank accounts for them putting away £10 a month, on Jan 2nd I gave my 17 year old niece her money which was £2,300, as she hugged me she was crying her eyes out.

MalteseFalcon 26-12-2018 20:09

To answer peanut, yes it is because I hear that the father isn't as into the relationship as my sister makes out. Indeed, he's on holiday in Turkey right now and is spending most of his days getting drunk.

richard s 26-12-2018 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35976518)

I have a well known supermarket (begins with T) near me which has two zebra crossings at either end of their entrances for locals who walk to the supermarket. Now these crossings have not had their flashing lights working for about 7 years and sometimes there are certain ignorant peasants that drive right through the crossing without stopping (take your life in your own hands at times).

Angua 30-12-2018 12:25

Why is it that the Yankee Candles that smell the worst unlit, smell better lit and vice versa?

nashville 30-12-2018 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35976949)
Thanks Den ;)

I got an appointment Den and the problem is ,I have Verdigo , I have tablets to take and they are helping me, ;)

denphone 31-12-2018 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35977336)
I got an appointment Den and the problem is ,I have Verdigo , I have tablets to take and they are helping me, ;)

l am glad you have seen the doc nash and that the medication he prescribed to you are starting to work.:tu:

nashville 31-12-2018 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35977383)
l am glad you have seen the doc nash and that the medication he prescribed to you are starting to work.:tu:

Thanks Den,

Mr_love_monkey 02-01-2019 13:38

First day back at work, and pretty much first email waiting for me is one saying, come out to NY next week for a 2 day meeting. Hooray.

mrmistoffelees 02-01-2019 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35977603)
First day back at work, and pretty much first email waiting for me is one saying, come out to NY next week for a 2 day meeting. Hooray.

Pretty much the same... apart from SGP for two weeks ugh

Mr_love_monkey 02-01-2019 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 35977604)
Pretty much the same... apart from SGP for two weeks ugh

SGP?

mrmistoffelees 02-01-2019 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35977605)
SGP?

Singapore

Mr_love_monkey 02-01-2019 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 35977606)
Singapore

ah.

Least the time difference in NY isn't too bad....

mrmistoffelees 02-01-2019 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35977607)
ah.

Least the time difference in NY isn't too bad....

And then i opened the email that said 'By the way, when you're done in Singapore we need you too fly too SF'

Still, SWMBO will be happy :D

Mr_love_monkey 02-01-2019 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 35977659)
And then i opened the email that said 'By the way, when you're done in Singapore we need you too fly too SF'

Still, SWMBO will be happy :D

I just dislike work travel these days.

mrmistoffelees 02-01-2019 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35977667)

Indeed, thankfully when not travelling i work from home now.

Hugh 02-01-2019 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35977667)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 35977669)
Indeed, thankfully when not travelling i work from home now.

It’s called "I’m getting too old for this sheet" syndrome - hit me when I got to 50...

Mr_love_monkey 02-01-2019 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35977670)
It’s called "I’m getting too old for this sheet" syndrome - hit me when I got to 50...

I was talking to a young cousin of mine the other day... He's 23 or something - and he was saying that he was doing a trip to NY for work and how it was great to be NY, etc... and I was saying that when I was doing the trips first of all (when I was younger) I'd stay in NY and take the ferry each morning to NJ (as that's where the office is) because eating out in NY was great, etc.... now I just stay in NJ, in a hotel that's 2 minutes from the office, and going in NY seems like such an ordeal...

MalteseFalcon 11-01-2019 23:49

A new branch of the KFC franchise opened in Stevenage a few months ago. Me and a coworker went there after work tonight. Suffice it to say, after what we witnessed and the shocking customer service, that branch (and indeed the franchise) will not be getting our business again.

denphone 16-01-2019 10:56

No car at all from tomorrow as the insurance company have decided to write our 14 year old car off without any say whatsoever in the matter despite the car being very much roadworthy as my OH had a slight accident the other day which basically caused no damage at all to either car.:(:(:td::td: