Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Netflix/Streaming Services (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33695779)

Phunkenstein 04-12-2020 12:56

Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnasimmons (Post 36060927)
HBO MAX is a subscription channel in Sweden

The service is actually called HBO Nordic

https://en.hbonordic.com/

They also have a TNT branded channel there - https://www.tnt-tv.se/

Based on what has been said by Warnermedia as recently as yesterday by HBO Max’s head of global, it will be most likely rebranded to HBO Max in 2021.

Legendkiller2k 04-12-2020 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phunkenstein (Post 36060925)
Definitely reads more like PVOD than something in the subscription space. I’m sure all will be revealed soon!

We have one more week left before we break up at work so hopefully more info comes in before then, only did half day today as only thing we had today was what everyone already knows about sd SKY nature coming to vm.

johnasimmons 04-12-2020 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phunkenstein (Post 36060929)
The service is actually called HBO Nordic

https://en.hbonordic.com/

They also have a TNT branded channel there - https://www.tnt-tv.se/

Based on what has been said by Warnermedia as recently as yesterday by HBO Max’s head of global, it will be most likely rebranded to HBO Max in 2021.

My mistake, it's called HBO Nordic

Raider999 04-12-2020 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k (Post 36060922)
Sounds like all content .
£19.99 is the estimated price.

You watch now just to mput egg on my face i've prob mis-read the document and it'll be SKY Cinema airing WW84 next year, lol that'll just be my luck lol but here is a snippet of document.

"Agreement reached betweet BSKYB and Warner Brothers on December 2ND 2020 for WB content to be on SKY Box Office. Proposed cost is £19.99gbp own prices can be set under term 36"
Term 36 is way above my level.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

You're not missing much with SKY Atlantic at the moment honestly imo the only decent show on it in past year was Gangs of London that's only my opinion though others will ofcourse find much more content on it worth watching.

Thoroughly enjoyed 'The Undoing' missed it live apart from the last episode, so downloaded from catch-up.

First episode was a bit slow but after that it was good - glad we persevered.

As for paying £20pm for a streamer - forget it, absolutely no way!

spankysmagicpian 04-12-2020 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36060876)
I have to say one of the greatest streaming services out there is pluto tv. Some absolute TACK and rubbish quality tv on there

There's actually some good stuff on Pluto if you hunt for it

Raider999 05-12-2020 12:13

I thought the whole idea of streaming was that you could watch what you want when you want?

So you should be able to start watching a football match, that kicked off at 2pm, at 3pm and watch from the beginning. I.E. Time shifting as you would do with a recording from a conventional channel.

However, you do not appear to be able to watch any of Amazon Primes live sport events after they have started. You have to wait until the full match replay becomes available the following day.

Is this progress - definitely not.

Legendkiller2k 05-12-2020 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36061052)
I thought the whole idea of streaming was that you could watch what you want when you want?

So you should be able to start watching a football match, that kicked off at 2pm, at 3pm and watch from the beginning. I.E. Time shifting as you would do with a recording from a conventional channel.

However, you do not appear to be able to watch any of Amazon Primes live sport events after they have started. You have to wait until the full match replay becomes available the following day.

There's are reasons why Amazon streaming/prime video is laughed at at the moment in the industry and what you just highlighted is on of the reasons.
The other which they are resolving is they mix paid content in with prime content often catching people out.

Hugh 05-12-2020 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36061052)

Is that on Smart TV/V6? - I'm watching the Ireland v Scotland match on my PC (having gone through the Amazon Prime Video tab on the Amazon page), and I can go back for about 36 minutes so far (gets me back to the end of the Fiji v Georgia match, and the waffle between the games).

Raider999 05-12-2020 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36061064)
Is that on Smart TV/V6? - I'm watching the Ireland v Scotland match on my PC (having gone through the Amazon Prime Video tab on the Amazon page), and I can go back for about 36 minutes so far (gets me back to the end of the Fiji v Georgia match, and the waffle between the games).

No I am using a Roku box - haven't tried it today as I assumed it would be consistent.

Anyway, the method of viewing it shouldn't alter the experience. Either you can start watching it at any time or you cannot - end of💩

As for the things that are wrong with Amazon Prime - picture quality is the biggest beef IMO.

Hugh 06-12-2020 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36061094)
No I am using a Roku box - haven't tried it today as I assumed it would be consistent.

Anyway, the method of viewing it shouldn't alter the experience. Either you can start watching it at any time or you cannot - end of��

As for the things that are wrong with Amazon Prime - picture quality is the biggest beef IMO.

Strangely enough, I’m watching England v France at the moment, and there are two different experiences..

On the VM V6 Amazon channel, I can only watch it live - on the Sony Smart TV Amazon Prime Video app, I can watch it live or watch it from beginning, with the ability ff/rewind what’s on.

BenMcr 06-12-2020 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36061161)
Strangely enough, I’m watching England v France at the moment, and there are two different experiences..

On the VM V6 Amazon channel, I can only watch it live - on the Sony Smart TV Amazon Prime Video app, I can watch it live or watch it from beginning, with the ability ff/rewind what’s on.

Same is true between my Samsung TV and a 360 box.

So it looks like it's an active experience difference by Amazon as to the options available. Which due to how convoluted streaming rights are, may be down to the class of device.

Chris 06-12-2020 14:58

Amazon have form for uneven deployment of features.

You can get a “free to me” menu option in some Prime Video deployments that allows you to weed out all the content that isn’t free with your prime subscription, whereas it’s missing on others. Netflix isn’t entirely consistent across platforms either, but in my experience it’s less of an issue.

Legendkiller2k 06-12-2020 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36061164)
Amazon have form for uneven deployment of features.

You can get a “free to me” menu option in some Prime Video deployments that allows you to weed out all the content that isn’t free with your prime subscription, whereas it’s missing on others. Netflix isn’t entirely consistent across platforms either, but in my experience it’s less of an issue.

Hulu is the same it tends to differ across different devices.

Mad Max 06-12-2020 18:26

Anyone watched the excellent show called The Queen's Gambit, it's on Netflix.

Legendkiller2k 06-12-2020 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36061176)
Anyone watched the excellent show called The Queen's Gambit, it's on Netflix.

On my watchlist mate as i like Ana Joy Taylor a very good actress.