Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Netflix/Streaming Services (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33695779)

Mr K 29-11-2020 17:35

Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36060271)
The words quality, Scottish and football ought never to appear in the same sentence.

Did Scotland qualifying for Euro 2020 pass you by ?? ;)

Anyway back on topic. Streaming live sport just doesn't work, its sometimes minutes behind.

jfman 29-11-2020 18:06

Quote:

The words quality, Scottish and football ought never to appear in the same sentence.

The football itself was rotten. However I could see and hear how bad it was :D

RichardCoulter 29-11-2020 18:21

Sky are currently offering Netflix for £2.50 a month.

cheekyangus 29-11-2020 19:09

Quote:

*Stir Stir* :D

I've never seen so much of my local team until after the first lockdown.

Sadly the streaming is 720p and then I have to Screen Mirror the website set to full screen from the browser. Given they provide for almost every full-time Scottish club I'm still amazed there's no app, one of the non-league teams we played in the cup recently had a provider with an app!

Mad Max 29-11-2020 19:26

Quote:

A wee bit harsh considering the national side has qualified for next years Euro's, also Rangers doing pretty well in the Europa cup.

Chris 29-11-2020 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36060283)
A wee bit harsh considering the national side has qualified for next years Euro's, also Rangers doing pretty well in the Europa cup.

Indeed they did, but what’s remarkable is that simply qualifying for the regional international tournament is considered a cause for national celebration. One World Cup in the last 30 years and 2 Euros (ever) isn’t brilliant.

And as for club football ... well as I’m a native of north west England and a Liverpool fan my bar for ‘doing pretty well’ is rather high :D

DECKAS 30-11-2020 09:08

I could not agree more

1andrew1 30-11-2020 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36060286)
Indeed they did, but what’s remarkable is that simply qualifying for the regional international tournament is considered a cause for national celebration. One World Cup in the last 30 years and 2 Euros (ever) isn’t brilliant.

And as for club football ... well as I’m a native of north west England and a Liverpool fan my bar for ‘doing pretty well’ is rather high :D

Off topic but maybe letting Scottish teams into the English Premier League could win enough votes in Glasgow to ensure no majority for independence? ;)

Meanwhile, 5G Broadcast is the future of television, according to ORS, the technical services subsidiary of Austrian public broadcaster ORF.
https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020...lenges-remain/

Raider999 30-11-2020 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36060348)
Off topic but maybe letting Scottish teams into the English Premier League could win enough votes in Glasgow to ensure no majority for independence? ;)

Meanwhile, 5G Broadcast is the future of television, according to ORS, the technical services subsidiary of Austrian public broadcaster ORF.

Waste of time - only Rangers and Celtic would have any chance in the EPL.

More likely, they might have to start in the Championship - a very competitive league - where I'm not sure they would be promoted first time around.

As for Scotland, yes they qualified for the coming Euros (as I believe did over half the entrants) but only after a play-off.

There is one thing for sure Scots are very optimistic when it comes to their sports.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36060348)

When are we likely to get 5G coverage across the UK, currently not even available outside of a few large cities?

Even the roll-out of super-fast BB across the whole of the country seems to have been delayed/watered down.

1701-e 30-11-2020 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36060283)
.....also Rangers doing pretty well in the Europa cup.

Not bad for a.team that's only been around for less than ten years ;)

Mad Max 30-11-2020 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 36060382)
Not bad for a.team that's only been around for less than ten years ;)

Not according to the football authorities, here, and in Europe.;)

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36060278)
Sky are currently offering Netflix for £2.50 a month.

That's a good deal, do you need to have a certain package?

Legendkiller2k 30-11-2020 22:32

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36060383)
Not according to the football authorities, here, and in Europe.;)

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

That's a good deal, do you need to have a certain package?

They aren't mate it's £5p/m you need signature to get it then which Netflix tier you get depends on your package so just signature + ultimate tv (Netflix) you'd get sd 1 screen Netflix, if you have SKYHD pack you get HD Netflix, and SKY UHD you get the UHD Netflix.

Mad Max 30-11-2020 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k (Post 36060407)
They aren't mate it's £5p/m you need signature to get it then which Netflix tier you get depends on your package so just signature + ultimate tv (Netflix) you'd get sd 1 screen Netflix, if you have SKYHD pack you get HD Netflix, and SKY UHD you get the UHD Netflix.

Thanks for the info mate, I'll have a look at that.:)

Legendkiller2k 30-11-2020 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36060408)
Thanks for the info mate, I'll have a look at that.:)

Be quick mate as the offers end in around a hour they're black friday offers, my current pack is signature + cinema + hd + sports for £42p/m

Mad Max 30-11-2020 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k (Post 36060415)
Be quick mate as the offers end in around a hour they're black friday offers, my current pack is signature + cinema + hd + sports for £42p/m

Ok, cheers.:)