Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered ! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704414)

ianch99 29-03-2017 23:57

Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35892362)
Mick has asked us to move the discussion forward. I am sure most of you have read the Prime Minister's letter today to Donald Tusk. It seems like a good place to start our new, less adversarial, exchanges :).

Personally speaking, I think it is an excellent lead: it is conciliatory without appeasement; it sets the right tone. Cometh the hour, cometh the woman.

Surely, we advanced civilisations can make an agreement to our mutual benefit and keep our pride and friendship intact and surely here at CF we can emulate it.

So no more childish name calling then? In the spirit of this new detente, why don't you be the first to promise?

Remember, be good :)

Kursk 30-03-2017 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35892364)
So no more childish name calling then? In the spirit of this new detente, why don't you be the first to promise?

Remember, be good :)

I am observing Mick's advice; please feel free to offer your opinion on the PM's letter if you want to.

Incidentally, I don't think opposing views are precluded; indeed, the forum would lose its edge without them imho.

Mick 30-03-2017 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35892367)
Incidentally, I don't think opposing views are precluded; indeed, the forum would lose its edge without them imho.

Correct, nowhere in my post did I say anything about opposing views, my request was to move the discussion away from the merits if we leave or stayed. We are beyond that debate now.

denphone 30-03-2017 07:01

Well there are many many issues to discuss but one thing l would like is to protect EU nationals currently working and living in this country and reciprocately do the same for UK nationals in the EU and the sooner this is done the better.

passingbat 30-03-2017 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35892375)
Well there are many many issues to discuss but one thing l would like is to protect EU nationals currently working and living in this country and reciprocately do the same for UK nationals in the EU and the sooner this is done the better.

May wanted that agreement done some time ago, but the EU wouldn't play ball until Article 50 was triggered.

techguyone 30-03-2017 08:08

Re: Brexit: Article 50 HAS BEEN TRIGGERED !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35892354)
Let's stick to the facts shall we? I am not making any claims ...here.

Hrmmm..

Please tell me where you got 37% from then?

TheDaddy 30-03-2017 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35892386)
Hrmmm..

37% of the eligible voting public perhaps :shrug:

This silly girl should have read the above posts, not very helpful and besides how come she has time for this, shouldn't she be busy taking in asylum seekers

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...-anti-10123380

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35892380)
May wanted that agreement done some time ago, but the EU wouldn't play ball until Article 50 was triggered.

Good imo

papa smurf 30-03-2017 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35892386)
Hrmmm..

its 37% of those eligible who could be bothered to vote those who couldn't be arsed are obviously remainers and are added to the mathemagical total to remain in the EU. :dunce:

its simple mathemagics or the mathemagics of the simple i forget which one .

techguyone 30-03-2017 08:49

It's a claim, there is no way to know which way those who chose not to vote, voted.

Therefore we do not include them.

Here is a Fact.

Leave: 51.9% (generally rounded up to 52%)

Remain: 48.1% (generally rounded down - as less than .5 to 48%)

52 +48 = 100

no 37, 69, 99 or anything else.

Fact

So please, no more claims, what-if's, shoulda-woulda-coulda's it makes you look silly & desperate.

It takes you nowhere, it leads you nowhere, at best I suppose it's a comforter for those who can't bear the fact that the unthinkable - happened. Curse those pesky kids oldsters.

papa smurf 30-03-2017 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35892392)
It's a claim, there is no way to know which way those who chose not to vote, voted.

Therefore we do not include them.

Here is a Fact.

Leave: 51.9% (generally rounded up to 52%)

Remain: 48.1% (generally rounded down - as less than .5 to 48%)

52 +48 = 100

no 37, 69, 99 or anything else.

Fact

So please, no more claims, what-if's, shoulda-woulda-coulda's it makes you look silly & desperate.

but your using mathematics and logic

others are using mathemagics and wishful thinking

Kursk 30-03-2017 09:00

Moving on....I'm interested in the mathemagics that leads the EU to believe we should pay a divorce settlement of £50bn? And despite their 'no cherrypicking' mantras they want this agreed before anything else is discussed.

No chance, sunshine. Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

That concludes negotiations because no deal is a deal.

I suggest they start teaching Russian in schools and building lots of permanent shanty camps for their new arrivals.

papa smurf 30-03-2017 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35892394)
Moving on....I'm interested in the mathemagics that leads the EU to believe we should pay a divorce settlement of £50bn? And despite their 'no cherrypicking' mantras they want this agreed before anything else is discussed.

No chance, sunshine. Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

That concludes negotiations because no deal is a deal.

I suggest they start teaching Russian in schools and building lots of permanent shanty camps for their new arrivals.

i would with hold all EU payments and give them out every time we strike a deal no deal no payment ,there is nothing they want more than our money .

Kursk 30-03-2017 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35892395)
i would with hold all EU payments and give them out every time we strike a deal no deal no payment ,there is nothing they want more than our money .

Best we pay in roubles then :D 'Course, if they'd like our assistance in defending their borders, there will be a huge bill to pay. Up front; say, £50bn for starters.

papa smurf 30-03-2017 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35892399)
Best we pay in roubles then :D 'Course, if they'd like our assistance in defending their borders, there will be a huge bill to pay. Up front; say, £50bn for starters.

apparently there are only two well armed country's in the EU and we are one of them .

passingbat 30-03-2017 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35892394)
And despite their 'no cherrypicking' mantras they want this agreed before anything else is discussed.

I was watching Sky news earlier and they were inferring that because the EU wanted to do it that way, that's how we would have to do it! Are they as anti Brexit as the BBC? the only thing I watch on Sky News, is the 10:30pm newspaper review. Anna Botting, who often does that is as remain as you can get.