Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Tinky 28-01-2023 10:10

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36144565)
Been in touch with a Vet to come out and put my old Dog to sleep and for them to come out do it and cremate her it is £750. They want £370 just to put her to sleep. I have to pay it as I want it as stress free for her as possible but dreading it

Just read this Jay, so sorry to hear about your dog. :sorry:

Heard a loud crack laast night couldn't figure out what it was, went into bathroom this morning, the toilet seat is split, how does that happen?

Jaymoss 28-01-2023 11:13

Vet is coming out this afternoon. She is suffering so given the chance I thought best just to it save any more

SnoopZ 28-01-2023 11:14

Quote:

Been in touch with a Vet to come out and put my old Dog to sleep and for them to come out do it and cremate her it is £750. They want £370 just to put her to sleep. I have to pay it as I want it as stress free for her as possible but dreading it

Really sorry to hear this.

denphone 28-01-2023 12:01

Quote:

So sorry to hear about this as its awful when one has to decide to put a family pet to sleep.

You have my commiserations Jaymoss.

TheDaddy 28-01-2023 14:06

Quote:

What about the PDSA?

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36144574)
Vet is coming out this afternoon. She is suffering so given the chance I thought best just to it save any more

All the best, try to remember the good times, you gave her a great life I'm sure

Jaymoss 28-01-2023 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36144589)
What about the PDSA?

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

All the best, try to remember the good times, you gave her a great life I'm sure

I took the choice of the home visit to save the stress of any journeys on her. It cost more but to save on that stress I think it was worth it. Pulled £250 out of my Octopus to cover some of it, if needed I can add some back with the Springs cost of living payment

All done relatively peacefully but that is another story

heero_yuy 28-01-2023 16:04

Sorry to hear about you loosing your pet. Always a sad time.

Hom3r 28-01-2023 17:40

The Firefox update appears to have erased all my bookmarks, some are important

SnoopZ 28-01-2023 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36144608)

Can you recover from another device like phone or tablet assuming you had them synced?

Does this help?

Quote:

My bookmarks have disappeared
Firefox automatically backs up your bookmarks and saves up to 15 backups in the profile bookmarkbackups folder. To recover bookmarks that were previously saved in the Bookmarks menu or on the Bookmarks toolbar but are now missing, you can restore them from one of these backups:

Click the menu button Fx89menuButton to open the menu panel. Click Bookmarks and then click the Manage Bookmarks bar at the bottom.
In the Library window, click the Import and Backup button and then select Restore.
Select the backup you want to restore from the list of dated automatic backups.
You can also select Choose File… to restore bookmarks from a manual backup, if you created one.
After confirming your choice, the bookmarks from the backup you selected will be restored.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...sing-bookmarks

mrmistoffelees 28-01-2023 22:09

Quote:

Surely that’s were?

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36144593)
I took the choice of the home visit to save the stress of any journeys on her. It cost more but to save on that stress I think it was worth it. Pulled £250 out of my Octopus to cover some of it, if needed I can add some back with the Springs cost of living payment

All done relatively peacefully but that is another story

I’m so very sorry for your loss. Reading this brought tears to my eyes, I lost my best pal last year and it still upsets me to this day.

I’m sure she had the best life with you and she’ll be there at the rainbow bridge waiting for you.

Paul 28-01-2023 22:51

Quote:

Firefox backs them up in your profile, daily, Ive recovered mine before.

That said, I also manually back them up at regular intevals, and my PC backups do of course save my entire FF profile.

Maggy 30-01-2023 09:14

ASDA have seriously peeved me today with their delivery service being early and too many substitutions.Also when did it become so hard to buy ASDA products? I deliberately pick ASDA products because of price and now it seems the rest of the world has cottoned on..

tweetiepooh 30-01-2023 10:02

House insurance premiums - last year £319, this year £650.

We did make a small claim which was actually fixed by someone not sent by the insurer but is still open pending report from Dynoplumb on what was wrong so we can get damage assessed but I don't think we are likely to proceed as we will be refitting kitchen sometime soon anyway.
A neighbour did mention their premium had increased a fair bit too as "there have been claims made in the area".

Hom3r 30-01-2023 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36144613)
Can you recover from another device like phone or tablet assuming you had them synced?

Does this help?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...sing-bookmarks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36144634)
Firefox backs them up in your profile, daily, Ive recovered mine before.

That said, I also manually back them up at regular intevals, and my PC backups do of course save my entire FF profile.

Thank you, I didn't know it backed them up.

Mr K 30-01-2023 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 36144703)
House insurance premiums - last year £319, this year £650.

We did make a small claim which was actually fixed by someone not sent by the insurer but is still open pending report from Dynoplumb on what was wrong so we can get damage assessed but I don't think we are likely to proceed as we will be refitting kitchen sometime soon anyway.
A neighbour did mention their premium had increased a fair bit too as "there have been claims made in the area".

Even if you don't proceed with a claim if you've told the insurance company they'll treat it as an incident, and increase your premium. Any excuse for those guys.

They did if for me when I had a slight bodywork damage on my car. Decided to get it repaired myself in the end as incredibly they wanted to right it off. Got it repaired for £600, car is is worth £3.5k. Later learned they patch up these 'cat d' right offs and sell on at a nice profit.
Scam artists !