Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What are you eating now? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33652936)

heero_yuy 03-10-2020 17:35

Re: What are you eating now thread?

Whole tail scampi (Langoustines) Oven chips and peas. Tartare sauce and tomato ketchup.

denphone 03-10-2020 17:52

Mac and Cheese.

Hugh 03-10-2020 19:13

Tod in the Hole, baked beans

tweetiepooh 05-10-2020 09:58

Last I night I casseroled some partridges in wine and stock, the served the breasts and legs with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and other veg. The birds had been in freezer some while and were older birds anyway so not so good for just roasting.
---
The game bird season is here again and talking at the farmer's market looks like it could be a good year, prices same as before (4-5 birds for £10). It's the huge commercial shoots that mostly send to Europe have been curtailed but the company shoots that supply the markets here are looking good. (No-one is going to challenge a group of guys with guns over wearing masks!)

Taf 05-10-2020 10:21

I shall be making a chicken liver and bacon casserole for the family for the first time ever today. They say they are "bored of food", so I shall try to expand my already wide range of dishes.

heero_yuy 06-10-2020 19:08

Home made beef Bolognaise sauce, spaghetti and courgetti mixed. Parmegiano Reggiano DOP. Fresh chopped parsley.

Hugh 06-10-2020 19:23

Baked potato & mustard-coated roast ham (left over from Sunday)

papa smurf 06-10-2020 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36052890)
Baked potato & mustard-coated roast ham (left over from Sunday)

You must be a boomer if you can afford ham:)

Hugh 06-10-2020 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36052899)
You must be a boomer if you can afford ham:)

I’m sure you prefer gammon... :D

denphone 06-10-2020 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36052901)
I’m sure you prefer gammon... :D

Pork tongue would suit him better..:D

Hugh 08-10-2020 15:19

Just been for lunch* with the boss to the Roebuck, just outside Otley.

I had garlic mushrooms on a cheese toastie for starters, followed by Roebuck Pie (venison in a red wine jus) with thick cut chips, broccoli, and baby carrots, washed down by a pint of Black Sheep - yummy.

*thought we should while we still could

heero_yuy 08-10-2020 18:21

Hoisin pork ribs. Roasted sweet potato, parsnips, courgette and leeks.

tweetiepooh 09-10-2020 13:48

Last night I cooked a Hot Chicken Curry - that's what the book calls it.
Fenugreek and onion seeds into hot all
3 onions chopped and fry to nice and golden adding garlic and ginger pastes at right time
Mix chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, lemon juice and 2 tins chopped tomatoes in bowl and add to onions and cook up for 5 mins
Add chopped chicken (around 700g) - I used thigh - cheaper and tastier and cook for 7 mins
Add 1 red, 1 green peppers cut up, good handful fresh coriander and 6 chopped chillies (finger or thai - ideally green) and cook until chicken is done and peppers are slightly soft.
---
Tonight we are doing a lamb mince curry as bunnie-chow for a family in the church.

papa smurf 09-10-2020 14:52

Tother week when we were on our family boating holiday we had hot dogs for tea one night, my son poured half a bottle of ghost pepper sauce on his and didn't even flinch as it went down the hatch.

heero_yuy 17-10-2020 17:37

Home made individual steak-in-ale pies in #2 ceramic dishes with puff pasty tops. Beer battered onion rings, oven chips and peas. Pub grub. :)