Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : Doctor Who General Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33683904)

dilli-theclaw 01-09-2012 19:05

Re: Doctor Who : Season 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35469670)
Both of which are subjective, of course. The show regularly gets 8m+ consolidated viewers so it's probably safe to say yours in not the majority view ;) (and also that it's not going off-air anytime soon :p:

Personally, I'm wondering if I should watch it live on FreeviewHD jst so I can't start "instant replay"ing the good bits. You know, just watch it all the way through once, uninterrupted. Then again, probably not! ;):D

22 mins to go!

Well here's hoping I find this season better than the last one.

carlwaring 01-09-2012 19:15

Personally I don't think you will. However, I seem to recall reading somewhere that Mr Moff has said that there will be no two-parters this season which I think is a good thing as, with most of them I tend to think "well all the that best bits of that could have all be done in one ep".

dilli-theclaw 01-09-2012 19:19

Well the thing is I don't feel like I can comment on it if I haven't given it a chance.

It's like Star Trek The Next Generation - I think that started crap and didn't really pick up until the second season.

I don't like Matt Smith but there's always room for improvement.

Trouble is I do like the idea of seeing the special weapons Dalek again so I'm biased in the wrong way tonight.

carlwaring 01-09-2012 20:12

Well that was ruddy brilliant. I was second-guessing all the way through and completely and utterly wrong every time :D

TheDaddy 01-09-2012 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35469665)
What I don't want to see is it fading away with crap story lines and crap acting.

and yet more daleks, sooo bored with them...

Chris 01-09-2012 20:22

That was quite heartbreaking.

dilli-theclaw 01-09-2012 20:25

There was some interesting ideas - I did guess the 'twist' near the end though.

I had fun spotting the different Daleks ;)

edit - I see there are several books detailing the Special Weapons Dalek, going to have to see if I can get them on my Kindle now.

Some behind the scenes stuff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00y2rzx

Tezcatlipoca 01-09-2012 20:30

Soufflé Girl was quite attractive for a Dalek ;)

Can someone remind me... What excuse was used earlier on during the Moffat era to (again) bring the Daleks back from the dead, after they were (again) all killed off in The Stolen Earth?

dilli-theclaw 01-09-2012 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35469710)
Soufflé Girl was quite attractive for a Dalek ;)

For you....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p00y2wnk

Tezcatlipoca 01-09-2012 20:47

Ha, cheers :D

I wonder how she will become the next companion in the Christmas Special, given that she's been turned into a Dalek and then the planet she was on was destroyed.

Will an earlier version of her become the companion, or will the Doctor somehow undo what happened to her?

weststandguy 01-09-2012 21:02

only one word.WOW!!!!

carlwaring 01-09-2012 22:23

Yep. Best ever episode, I think, so far (and I don't just mean this season ;))

BenMcr 02-09-2012 00:06

Quote:

Can someone remind me... What excuse was used earlier on during the Moffat era to (again) bring the Daleks back from the dead, after they were (again) all killed off in The Stolen Earth?

Single ship escaped, just as single Dalek did from the end of season 2

Damien 02-09-2012 00:20

Quote:

The Daleks are annoying. The amount of times they have wiped out only to come back by some stupid loophole is crazy. At least this time they kept a load alive instead of destroying them all again.

Hopefully we won't see them again for a while. The best bad guys in the series have been the ones that are more abstract like the 'evil' on the Impossible Planet, the Weeping Angels, and The Silence.

jempalmer 02-09-2012 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35469776)
The Daleks are annoying. The amount of times they have wiped out only to come back by some stupid loophole is crazy. At least this time they kept a load alive instead of destroying them all again.

Hopefully we won't see them again for a while. The best bad guys in the series have been the ones that are more abstract like the 'evil' on the Impossible Planet, the Weeping Angels, and The Silence.

Seconded :)