Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33700306)

Osem 12-03-2015 10:01

Re: Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday

I dare say there's a few people within (and without) the Beeb who'd quite like to 'engineer' JC's departure one way or another. Let's face it he's not exactly amongst kindred spirits there is he...

The publicly funded BBC is a place for people whose faces fit and JC's clearly doesn't. It's about time something was done about that.

Gary L 12-03-2015 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35764157)
The publicly funded BBC is a place for people whose faces fit and JC's clearly doesn't. It's about time something was done about that.

I know a man who can help. he charges £2,000.
£1,000 up front. :)

Taf 12-03-2015 11:34

Contracts due for renewal, BBC being told to cut "star" wages. Maybe someone thought it was cheaper to not renew his contract and start afresh?

Damien 12-03-2015 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35764168)
Contracts due for renewal, BBC being told to cut "star" wages. Maybe someone thought it was cheaper to not renew his contract and start afresh?

Doubt it. They wouldn't have gotten to the point of being so close to renewing their contracts otherwise. They were in the final stages according to reports.

What I think happened if the BBC received a complaint of alleged violence between two of their employees and, as is standard, had to act on it. People have chosen to be outraged at this but it seems standard procedure.

As a general aside (not directed at what you said):

The persecution complex has run amok if people really think that investigating an allegation of violence is a vindictive campaign against Clarkson. The petitions are insane as are the personal and vicious remarks being directed at the alleged victim of the attack on Twitter and in these petitions. It's also not the 'lefty' BBC sticking it to the right wing in an act of political correctness gone mad. You're not allowed to get into a fight at work and it doesn't matter if you're right wing or left wing.

Everyone needs to calm down and await what happens next. The Guardian is saying he should resign, people are signing petitions saying he has done nothing wrong, no one knows what actually happened. This case is further evidence that we're all reactionary idiots.

Osem 12-03-2015 12:26

I don't think in investigating the allegation is wrong, what I do think is that there lots of people within the BBC who want rid of JC and, therefore, any allegations made about him need to be assessed and dealt with in that context.

TheDaddy 12-03-2015 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35764171)
Doubt it. They wouldn't have gotten to the point of being so close to renewing their contracts otherwise. They were in the final stages according to reports.

What I think happened if the BBC received a complaint of alleged violence between two of their employees and, as is standard, had to act on it. People have chosen to be outraged at this but it seems standard procedure.

As a general aside (not directed at what you said):

The persecution complex has run amok if people really think that investigating an allegation of violence is a vindictive campaign against Clarkson. The petitions are insane as are the personal and vicious remarks being directed at the alleged victim of the attack on Twitter and in these petitions. It's also not the 'lefty' BBC sticking it to the right wing in an act of political correctness gone mad. You're not allowed to get into a fight at work and it doesn't matter if you're right wing or left wing.

Everyone needs to calm down and await what happens next. The Guardian is saying he should resign, people are signing petitions saying he has done nothing wrong, no one knows what actually happened. This case is further evidence that we're all reactionary idiots.

Dave has " weighed" in according to the mail and he is neither reactionary or an idiot, oh wait

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-producer.html

alanbjames 12-03-2015 14:29

I know some people on here have stated if the show moved to Sky it wouldnt get the viewing figures but in some ways i have to disagree.

The show is shown in well over 200 countries worldwide one of those being the USA who rather watch our version than their own.

richard s 12-03-2015 14:38

Pherhaps he could get a job driving his mate Dave around.

Kursk 12-03-2015 15:39

Bring back nancy boys. :D

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2015/03/35.jpg

Gary L 12-03-2015 16:50

LOL can you look any guyer?

Sirius 12-03-2015 17:08

I would be happy if the 3 presenters tell the BBC where to stick there contracts and itv take them on. Just think of all that money the BBC will have to find as they loose there golden egg. :LOL:

Carlos Carboni 12-03-2015 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35764267)
I would be happy if the 3 presenters tell the BBC where to stick there contracts and itv take them on. Just think of all that money the BBC will have to find as they loose there golden egg. :LOL:

JC's contract runs out in a month or so.

I have a feeling that he will not show up at the disciplinary hearing next week. If I were him, I wouldn't show up. But it all depends on any clauses in his contract.

3/4 quarters of a million have signed the petition so far.....

Osem 12-03-2015 21:54

Does anyone reckon any one of the old farts, liberal clique and '...ists' who infest the BBC would garner such support?

Chad 12-03-2015 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanbjames (Post 35764210)
I know some people on here have stated if the show moved to Sky it wouldnt get the viewing figures but in some ways i have to disagree.

The show is shown in well over 200 countries worldwide one of those being the USA who rather watch our version than their own.

The world wide audience is phenomenal. Sounds unlikely but this is the kind of show Netflix would possibly be interested in getting their hands on.

djfunkdup 12-03-2015 23:01

i really do hope JC gives the BBC the

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(