Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Changes to Virgin TV (2021) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709646)

jobbie8 18-04-2021 18:58

Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

All quiet on Disney+. I thought VM would of had it by now.

heavyside 20-04-2021 14:58

A subscription kids' app for Hopster has now appeared on my 360 boxes. Still waiting for All4.

Legendkiller2k 26-04-2021 20:28

VM are working on a exclusive documentary that will show what goes on behind the scenes, how the network works etc.

cheekyangus 26-04-2021 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k (Post 36078041)
VM are working on a exclusive documentary that will show what goes on behind the scenes, how the network works etc.

Well I'm interested in watching that. :)

RichardCoulter 26-04-2021 22:42

Bet they don't make one showing their dreadful CS, but yes, it should be interesting.

Wonder if it will go onto Channel 100 or a mainstream channel?

djmagnifique 27-04-2021 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k (Post 36078041)

Is it 'Coming soon'?

1701-e 27-04-2021 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36078059)
Bet they don't make one showing their dreadful CS, but yes, it should be interesting.

Wonder if it will go onto Channel 100 or a mainstream channel?

Well if they made one about all the contacts I've had with CS over the years it would be quite boring with friendly chat and agreed ways forward.

cheekyangus 27-04-2021 15:29

Apparently BritBox has finally went live on Amazon Channels, so you can indirectly get it on a VM box now.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/britbox-uk...on-prime-video

ozsat 27-04-2021 15:35

And it doesn't cost anymore than a direct subscription - 7-day trial then £5.99pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36078106)
Apparently BritBox has finally went live on Amazon Channels, so you can indirectly get it on a VM box now.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/britbox-uk...on-prime-video

Legendkiller2k 27-04-2021 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36078108)
And it doesn't cost anymore than a direct subscription - 7-day trial then £5.99pm

And the cost of Amazon prime too.

1andrew1 27-04-2021 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmagnifique (Post 36078072)
Is it 'Coming soon'?

Coming Soon: The Movie. :D

As noted elsewhere, Matchroom Boxing have agreed a deal with DAZN to replace Sky Sports as their UK broadcaster from 1 July. I would expect a DAZN UK channel and/or app to launch on VM as a result of this.

Media Boy UK 28-04-2021 12:08

TiVo: Virgin Media to axe Get Moving on May 1st.

From May 1st Get Moving will be Get Stopping as Get Moving will close on Virgin Channel 997. But Media Boy HQ notes that fitness shows is set to move to Virgin Media UHD channels from 6am everyday on Virgin V6 or V360 boxes (Channels 228/999) only.

Legendkiller2k 28-04-2021 12:29

A bit of a treat Bank holiday Monday BT will show the none league final for free to bt, virgin and sky customers.
Ok it's not exactly Man city v Man united but at least it's proper grass roots football.

cheekyangus 29-04-2021 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36078188)
TiVo: Virgin Media to axe Get Moving on May 1st.

From May 1st Get Moving will be Get Stopping as Get Moving will close on Virgin Channel 997. But Media Boy HQ notes that fitness shows is set to move to Virgin Media UHD channels from 6am everyday on Virgin V6 or V360 boxes (Channels 228/999) only.

The fitness programming on Virgin Media Ultra HD that commences when Get Moving closes are all branded Virgin Active, which is the name of a health club chain, so I'm guessing it's a new partnership.

ScottishSteve 29-04-2021 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36078281)
The fitness programming on Virgin Media Ultra HD that commences when Get Moving closes are all branded Virgin Active, which is the name of a health club chain, so I'm guessing it's a new partnership.

None of these programmes are listed on the 360 EPG

Aguero9320 30-04-2021 22:08

According to the Daily Telegraph, BT Sport are up for sale! Disney, Amazon and DAZN have all held early discussions.

Tricky Trevor 01-05-2021 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aguero9320 (Post 36078472)
According to the Daily Telegraph, BT Sport are up for sale! Disney, Amazon and DAZN have all held early discussions.

Its been reported on a couple of threads elsewhere

Raider999 01-05-2021 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aguero9320 (Post 36078472)

Well caught up, this was being discussed a couple of days ago - add ITV to your list.

And by the way, BT are not selling up they are looking for a partner and looking to retain at least 50% of BT Sport

Legendkiller2k 02-05-2021 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36078563)
Well caught up, this was being discussed a couple of days ago - add ITV to your list.

And by the way, BT are not selling up they are looking for a partner and looking to retain at least 50% of BT Sport

Hoping to see more info about this next week in work, Verizon are definately in the running but they won't meet the demand i think.
Another one to watch is VMs owners Liberty global got a feeling they might make a bit.
I'll keep you all updated best i can.

1andrew1 04-05-2021 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k (Post 36078606)
Hoping to see more info about this next week in work, Verizon are definately in the running but they won't meet the demand i think.
Another one to watch is VMs owners Liberty global got a feeling they might make a bit.
I'll keep you all updated best i can.

Verizon have just sold their media arm.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56972205

Media Boy UK 05-05-2021 13:06

Has Sony sold their TV Channels???

Ofcom has revealed the following "Licence transfers"

The following Columbia Pictures Corporation Limited has become Crown 11 Limited

-POP
-Sony Movies Action
-Sony Movies Classic
-Sony Movies
-Sony Channel
-POP Max
-Tiny POP

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates

Also Discovery has transfers all channels on Lifestyle Newco Limited (HGTV and Really) to Discovery Corporate Services Limited

Phunkenstein 05-05-2021 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36078834)
Has Sony sold their TV Channels???

Ofcom has revealed the following "Licence transfers"

The following Columbia Pictures Corporation Limited has become Crown 11 Limited

-POP
-Sony Movies Action
-Sony Movies Classic
-Sony Movies
-Sony Channel
-POP Max
-Tiny POP

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates

Also Discovery has transfers all channels on Lifestyle Newco Limited (HGTV and Really) to Discovery Corporate Services Limited

Well if you were to invest some of those Media Boy HQ resources into research you can search for Crown 11 LTD and find them here…

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Google their address and it’s the same as Sony Pictures Television.

And if you were to look at the incorporation filing from July 2020 you will find that it’s a private limited company with erm, Columbia Pictures (owned by Sony) as the initial shareholder.

ScottishSteve 05-05-2021 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36078834)
[B][COLOR="Blue"]

Lifestyle Newco Limited would have been a holding co set up during the transition from Scripps / UKTV moving these services over to the Discovery stable.

Phunkenstein 14-05-2021 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phunkenstein (Post 36078839)
Well if you were to invest some of those Media Boy HQ resources into research you can search for Crown 11 LTD and find them here…

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Google their address and it’s the same as Sony Pictures Television.

And if you were to look at the incorporation filing from July 2020 you will find that it’s a private limited company with erm, Columbia Pictures (owned by Sony) as the initial shareholder.

And it appears Sony have decided to throw egg on my well researched reply and only gone and sold those bloody channels… :2up: :D

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/s...ve-1234972645/

cheekyangus 14-05-2021 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phunkenstein (Post 36079436)
And it appears Sony have decided to throw egg on my well researched reply and only gone and sold those bloody channels… :2up: :D

Thanks.

Wonder if they have interest in HD? They only mention AVOD and a more "premium level of movies" in that article. What will the new replacement brand will be? Media Boy's post said the holding company is called Crown 11, maybe all the Sony-branded channels (since they seem to be keeping the Pop brand) will be Crown-branded?

Interesting that the person who ran CSC pre-Sony is involved.

OLD BOY 14-05-2021 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phunkenstein (Post 36079436)

Interesting to note the degree of interest in launching AVOD for Sony content, although there is no speculation that the TV channels will be closed.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

1andrew1 16-05-2021 00:45

31 May stated by Telegraph as launch date for GB News.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-within-weeks/

Dave42 16-05-2021 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36079556)
31 May stated by Telegraph as launch date for GB News.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-within-weeks/

another channel to avoid

OLD BOY 16-05-2021 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 36079557)
another channel to avoid

Maybe you aren’t a ‘news’ person, Dave. Or alternatively, perhaps you are happy with BBC’s left wing crap?

Dave42 16-05-2021 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36079559)
Maybe you aren’t a ‘news’ person, Dave. Or alternatively, perhaps you are happy with BBC’s left wing crap?

see you got rose tinted specs on again and BBC if far from being left wing you forget that Laura Kuenssberg is a mouth piece for Boris Johnson got enough right wing crap about dont need more but the corrupt tories cant do anything wrong ever can they OB

this not the tread for politics but for record watch news from ITV bbc and sky mostly ITV

vincerooney 16-05-2021 01:13

Quote:

OLD BOY i don't wish to get into a political debate but I always find the "BBC news is left wing bias" to be completely daft and without any evidence.

BBC TV in terms of its television shows is more liberal i will give you that. Lots of examples of the shows being made currently which has a liberal bias and political correctness agenda. I will give you that. I'm not saying i'm either for or against that.

BBC News i can't give you that same backing. I offer you this :

"Perhaps the most compelling proof of the BBC’s bias, however, can be found in its treatment of Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn. A study conducted by the Media Reform Coalition and published recently by the universally-respected Birkbeck University found that the mainstream media (which, of course, includes the BBC) has consistently given more time and prominence to Corbyn’s critics than his supporters. In fact, they’ve given his critics twice as much airtime."

Without looking at further evidence some examples of BBC News being bias to the right rather than the left was Laura Kussenberg telling people the day before the election the tories were ahead in postal votes. Imagine the outrage if it had happened the other way around. You can add to giving "voices" to the right on shows like question time to people such as Nigel Farage who has never been elected to a poltical office in this country.

But again I don't wish to engage in further political chat. To be honest it bores me. The whole system bores me.

But accusing BBC NEWS and i stress bbc NEWS of being left bias i think is fundamentally a lazy opinion from someone who usually expresses intering viewpoints. The entertainment section of the BBC being very left leaning- absolutely you can go to town on that.

I'm looking forward to GB News for the pure outrage it'll cause and the sh*t show of people they'll bring out. Just like I wanted Fox News to be broadcast on virgin because of the hilarity of some of its pundits. I can also look forward to things even if i have zero political support for such people. The less certain people can speak on twitter and say their words are "twisted" is always good for democracy so I look forward to them getting their chance on live television.

To change the conversation as I hate political chat and just engaged in it to try to argue against the lazy argumemt of bbc news being left bias may i ask one question.....

when does the new tivo software roll out on v6s? will it be this year? Also any impact on virgin services with the o2 launch? Could we potentially get unlimited data to view virgin media tv perhaps?

spiderplant 16-05-2021 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36079561)
when does the new tivo software roll out on v6s? will it be this year? Also any impact on virgin services with the o2 launch? Could we potentially get unlimited data to view virgin media tv perhaps?

New TiVo software rolls out on V6s regularly. We finished a roll-out a couple of weeks ago - re-enabling Radioline is the most obvious change.

If you mean a roll-out of the 360 software to all users, this won't happen because everybody would need new remote controls. Also imagine the outrage from everyone suddenly losing all their recordings without their agreement. If you want your V6 boxes converting to 360, call Customer Services and they'll send you the new remotes and instructions for converting the software. (If you have 3 V6s, they'll send a technician to do it instead)

Nothing has been announced regarding changes from the O2 deal.

Itshim 16-05-2021 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 36079560)
see you got rose tinted specs on again and BBC if far from being left wing you forget that Laura Kuenssberg is a mouth piece for Boris Johnson got enough right wing crap about dont need more but the corrupt tories cant do anything wrong ever can they OB

this not the tread for politics but for record watch news from ITV bbc and sky mostly ITV

Sorry but I think the BBC is anti government who ever is in power. If they knock them enough it means they will that them have more money

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 36079557)
another channel to avoid

Straight to favourites .

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

Quote:

Didn't think I would agree with you !:D

Raider999 16-05-2021 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 36079560)

What a heap of *****e - the bbc is so left wing it ceases to be a level playing field.

Just as it was so antiBrexit.

Presumably Kuenssberg will spend the next few months telling everyone how the SNP have a mandate for a second referendum.

Itshim 16-05-2021 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36079604)
What a heap of *****e - the bbc is so left wing it ceases to be a level playing field.

Presumably Kuenssberg will spend the next few months telling everyone how the SNP have a mandate for a second referendum.

Give them and the rest of UK the referendum perhap we can get rid of them .and the news channels can focus on real news not pet causes:rolleyes:

Raider999 16-05-2021 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36079605)
Give them and the rest of UK the referendum perhap we can get rid of them .and the news channels can focus on real news not pet causes:rolleyes:

I wonder what the result would be if the entire UK had a vote on Scexit?

I also think a lot of people are fed up with the tail wagging the dog attitude of the SNP who avoid answering the difficult questions recgarding their splitting away.

I also don't understand why they want independence from UK to then immediately try to rejoin the most corrupt organisation and lose all control:confused::confused:

OLD BOY 16-05-2021 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36079604)

Agreed, and the way they flogged Wallpapergate the other week as their main headline is further proof of that. The public is not interested in all that, as demonstrated in the elections. The Beeb should be reporting real news, not Westminster bubble claptrap.

Hugh 16-05-2021 12:38

Back on topic, please

cheekyangus 16-05-2021 12:44

Can we keep this on topic please.

Not there's a lot to talk about. There's a BT Sports 2 Final apparently. Not sure what final, I noticed it on the channel listing on the VM Go App.

Legendkiller2k 16-05-2021 13:14

2GBs broadband is going to be rolled out more widely.

newapollo 16-05-2021 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36079622)
Can we keep this on topic please.

Not there's a lot to talk about. There's a BT Sports 2 Final apparently. Not sure what final, I noticed it on the channel listing on the VM Go App.

It's the Women's Champions League Final between Chelsea and Barcelona, free to view on channel 532 for those that don't subscribe to BT Sports, starting at 7:15. Kick off is 8pm

cheekyangus 16-05-2021 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by newapollo (Post 36079636)
It's the Women's Champions League Final between Chelsea and Barcelona, free to view on channel 532 for those that don't subscribe to BT Sports, starting at 7:15. Kick off is 8pm

Mamy thanks. :)

Itshim 16-05-2021 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by newapollo (Post 36079636)

Yet another reason l am glad l dumped bt sport didn't like being told it was "free" and when said l don't want them saved £9.50 per month .still l hope these that want it enjoy the game ;)

RichardCoulter 16-05-2021 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36079646)
Yet another reason l am glad l dumped bt sport didn't like being told it was "free" and when said l don't want them saved £9.50 per month .still l hope these that want it enjoy the game ;)

Did you manage to stay on your current package & dump BT Sport to receive this discount, or did you have to move down to stop paying for the so called 'free' BT Sport?

Itshim 16-05-2021 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36079649)
Did you manage to stay on your current package & dump BT Sport to receive this discount, or did you have to move down to stop paying for the so called 'free' BT Sport?

Stayed on package . Up for renewal and simply said don't want it. Mine you stil have free premier sport ,that was a fight !!!

RobboEdin 16-05-2021 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36079654)
Stayed on package . Up for renewal and simply said don't want it. Mine you stil have free premier sport ,that was a fight !!!

How was that achieved? You can’t have Maxit TV. You must have Mixit TV with Personal Picks.

vincerooney 16-05-2021 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36079569)
New TiVo software rolls out on V6s regularly. We finished a roll-out a couple of weeks ago - re-enabling Radioline is the most obvious change.

If you mean a roll-out of the 360 software to all users, this won't happen because everybody would need new remote controls. Also imagine the outrage from everyone suddenly losing all their recordings without their agreement. If you want your V6 boxes converting to 360, call Customer Services and they'll send you the new remotes and instructions for converting the software. (If you have 3 V6s, they'll send a technician to do it instead)

Nothing has been announced regarding changes from the O2 deal.

Aye i've got 3 boxes. Isn't there a way for the software to be updated and with recordings remaining? Surely as there isnt a new box the recordings could technically be saved?

I'll consider it then all the missing apps are brought over!

Itshim 16-05-2021 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 36079656)
How was that achieved? You can’t have Maxit TV. You must have Mixit TV with Personal Picks.

I have no idea what it's called .Don't see it listed anywhere ,have the same one for more years than l care to recall. Keeping my head down while l am getting premier sports for nothing . If pro 14 goes then l will look for a deal. Out of contact sometime ago

spiderplant 16-05-2021 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36079665)
Aye i've got 3 boxes. Isn't there a way for the software to be updated and with recordings remaining? Surely as there isnt a new box the recordings could technically be saved?

No, it isn't possible to keep the recordings

RobboEdin 16-05-2021 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36079668)
I have no idea what it's called .Don't see it listed anywhere ,have the same one for more years than l care to recall. Keeping my head down while l am getting premier sports for nothing . If pro 14 goes then l will look for a deal. Out of contact sometime ago

It should be obvious on your contract what services you have.

RichardCoulter 16-05-2021 20:53

It's the first time i've ever heard of those on the top package being able to drop BT Sport in return for a price reduction. The whole business model relies on those not interested in sport subsidising those that are.

Itshim 16-05-2021 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36079690)
It's the first time i've ever heard of those on the top package being able to drop BT Sport in return for a price reduction. The whole business model relies on those not interested in sport subsidising those that are.

The business model relies on making a profit. After all 100% of something is better than 100% of nothing

Never heard of anyone else get premier of nothing doesn't mean it never happened
---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 36079678)
It should be obvious on your contract what services you have.

Ithe name given is bigger does that help you? Perhaps Richard you should try being polite when speaking to staff gets you so much further :erm:
Thinking about it bb went down but it was years ago

RobboEdin 16-05-2021 21:57

Yes, the Bigger bundle explains everything.
The reason you have premier sports is because the Bigger Bundle has Maxit TV.
This means that, far from dropping BT Sports to save £9.50, you still have BT Sports.
Your £9.50 reduction is simply a rolling discount because you are saying you don’t want to pay for BT Sports which you say you don’t want but actually could watch.

ScottishSteve 17-05-2021 15:36

Another one bites the dust as Broadcast is reporting that Disney will close the FOX linear channel in the UK and programmes will move to Star on Disney Plus

‘On 30 June the Fox channel in the UK will close. Many titles will become available on Star on Disney+ and will be announced in the near future. We appreciate the support of our UK fans and can’t wait to keep sharing the best stories with you.’

This leaves the Nat Geo channels the last Disney owned/operated linear channels in the UK

Legendkiller2k 17-05-2021 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottishSteve (Post 36079787)
Another one bites the dust as Broadcast is reporting that Disney will close the FOX linear channel in the UK and programmes will move to Star on Disney Plus

‘On 30 June the Fox channel in the UK will close. Many titles will become available on Star on Disney+ and will be announced in the near future. We appreciate the support of our UK fans and can’t wait to keep sharing the best stories with you.’

This leaves the Nat Geo channels the last Disney owned/operated linear channels in the UK

They'll be gone by end of the year one would think.

Aguero9320 17-05-2021 17:23

Quote:

I think Disney+ subscribers will be the only beneficiaries here.

cheekyangus 17-05-2021 18:16

Quote:

Not surprised, most of their "new" shows premiering since the Disney takeover have been (Disney-owned) ABC shows that were cancelled years ago, often after only one season. The only current new shows (from top of my head) have been NCIS, NCIS New Orleans, Bull and The Walking Dead. All of those will need new UK homes, they aren't Disney productions so I can't see them going to Star.

OLD BOY 17-05-2021 18:46

Gang Related, The Grinder and Rush are also showing at the moment on Fox.

Itshim 17-05-2021 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 36079703)
Yes, the Bigger bundle explains everything.
The reason you have premier sports is because the Bigger Bundle has Maxit TV.
This means that, far from dropping BT Sports to save £9.50, you still have BT Sports.
Your £9.50 reduction is simply a rolling discount because you are saying you don’t want to pay for BT Sports which you say you don’t want but actually could watch.

Can say certainly that l DO NOT have bt sport . It is faded out . I repeat I can not see bt sport.. My bill does not show ANY discount for anything. How this was arrived at is of no interest to me have what l want with a monthly cost of around £50 per month.:D

Phunkenstein 17-05-2021 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36079797)
Not surprised, most of their "new" shows premiering since the Disney takeover have been (Disney-owned) ABC shows that were cancelled years ago, often after only one season. The only current new shows (from top of my head) have been NCIS, NCIS New Orleans, Bull and The Walking Dead. All of those will need new UK homes, they aren't Disney productions so I can't see them going to Star.

The Walking Dead is reportedly expected to move to Star - which make sense as the international rights were acquired by Fox international Channels back when it started and is why TWD is on some Star services in other territories - I expect other former Fox shows like AHS and Atlanta will get their first run on Star for future seasons.

I think the likes of NCIS and Bull are less likely to move over to Star given they are 3rd party acquisitions but you never know...

Legendkiller2k 17-05-2021 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36079800)
Gang Related, The Grinder and Rush are also showing at the moment on Fox.

All cancelled after one season i believe.

RichardCoulter 17-05-2021 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36079697)
The business model relies on making a profit. After all 100% of something is better than 100% of nothing

Never heard of anyone else get premier of nothing doesn't mean it never happened
---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

[/COLOR]

Ithe name given is bigger does that help you? Perhaps Richard you should try being polite when speaking to staff gets you so much further :erm:
Thinking about it bb went down but it was years ago

I agree that some profit is better than nothing.

I have no idea why you think that I dispute that you receive Premier Sport at no cost, nor why you think that I am impolite. Totally bizarre comments.

I'm only interested in the fact that you received a discount by having BT Sports removed, thus far anyone that's asked this has been refused (apart from when they temporarily did this due to covid).

vincerooney 17-05-2021 22:40

This is why we need a disney plus app on virgin as soon as possible!

OLD BOY 17-05-2021 23:17

…And Discovery+!

1andrew1 17-05-2021 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36079857)
…And Discovery+!

The Fox shows are going to Star, not Discovery. I suspect CSI may end up on Paramount + if it ends up on a streamer, but it's not come to the UK yet. Never too early to start lobbying VM for it, though.

Dave42 18-05-2021 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36079857)
…And Discovery+!

didn't sky have a year exclusive on that OB

RichardCoulter 18-05-2021 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 36079864)

Don't know if it's exclusive, but Sky customers are currently getting it for free!

OLD BOY 18-05-2021 07:42

Quote:

I don't know, Dave. It was reported that Disney+ was subject to an exclusivity deal, but no-one seems to be that sure about that either.

I think Sky would go for that if it kept their rivals out of the picture for a while.

cheekyangus 18-05-2021 08:39

Quote:

As far as I recall Sky has a year's exclusivity for Discovery+ as a UK TV Platform, but that still means it can be on Mobile/Tablet & via website, it only stops it being on likes of VM and Roku in UK for 12 months.

1701-e 18-05-2021 12:14

https://deadline.com/2021/05/fox-cha...ng-1234758294/. Confirmation of channel closure and switches to Star.

RichardCoulter 18-05-2021 14:22

Apparently, Nat Geographic & Nat Geographic Wild are also due to close in the coming months.

Forty five days before the carriage contracts & sponsorship deals expire there is expected to be a further announcement.

Like the Fox shutdown, it’s already been internally announced and all new programming will go to Disney+.

cheekyangus 18-05-2021 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 36079920)
https://deadline.com/2021/05/fox-cha...ng-1234758294/. Confirmation of channel closure and switches to Star.

Ta. :)

I wish Disney+ had cards in shops like Netflix and NowTV. Anyhoo, I'm going off topic.

fox35 18-05-2021 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36079803)
Can say certainly that l DO NOT have bt sport . It is faded out . I repeat I can not see bt sport.. My bill does not show ANY discount for anything. How this was arrived at is of no interest to me have what l want with a monthly cost of around £50 per month.:D

I also have the Bigger Bundle with Maxit TV, It does not include Premier Sports. It does include BT Sport.

BenMcr 18-05-2021 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36079943)
Ta. :)

I wish Disney+ had cards in shops like Netflix and NowTV. Anyhoo, I'm going off topic.

They have digital gift card for new subscribers

https://www.disneyplus.com/en-gb/wel...t-subscription

Itshim 18-05-2021 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox35 (Post 36079945)
I also have the Bigger Bundle with Maxit TV, It does not include Premier Sports. It does include BT Sport.

Let me repeat this one more time .l do not have any BT Sports channels . They are not discounted off they are not available. Arranged a deal for premier sports after it was listed as "free" posted this before. Have not spoken to them since happened as it was very clear that should l change it was gone. Wanted it for pro 14 only . If it loses that then back on the phone. :D sorry tried to work out how to get a screen shot on to this .Guess l will wait until granddaughter is back ( how do l get a URL for a photo on my tablet ? )

cheekyangus 18-05-2021 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 36079946)
They have digital gift card for new subscribers

https://www.disneyplus.com/en-gb/wel...t-subscription

Thanks. I knew about that, but it's no use. The whole point, for me, is to avoid using card details, which isn't possible with a digital item.

They have to be physical items to be of interest to me.

heavyside 19-05-2021 10:42

It's probably old news and has been posted before but the replacements for the Sony channels on Virgin Media have been announced.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...reat-Next-Week

1andrew1 19-05-2021 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyside (Post 36080025)
It's probably old news and has been posted before but the replacements for the Sony channels on Virgin Media have been announced.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...reat-Next-Week

So, really a cut and paste of "Sony" with "Great!" and business as normal?

1701-e 19-05-2021 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36080032)

With the poor SD picture quality continuing

cheekyangus 19-05-2021 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36080032)

Yeah, pretty much, but with an App push.

ScottishSteve 20-05-2021 16:25

According to DigitalBitRate GB News has started testing on Virgin Media ahead of its launch expected to be 31st May

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en

Itshim 20-05-2021 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottishSteve (Post 36080212)
According to DigitalBitRate GB News has started testing on Virgin Media ahead of its launch expected to be 31st May

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en

Hopefully it will live up to my expectations:D

OLD BOY 20-05-2021 19:47

It would be good if they had a half-hour news bulletin at 10pm. This will provide me with an alternative to the BBC’s News At 10.

1andrew1 20-05-2021 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36080254)
It would be good if they had a half-hour news bulletin at 10pm. This will provide me with an alternative to the BBC’s News At 10.

News at Ten sounds suspiciously like linear telly, Old Boy ;)

epsilon 20-05-2021 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36080256)
News at Ten sounds suspiciously like linear telly, Old Boy ;)

"a half-hour news bulletin at 10pm" also sounds like linear telly.

Raider999 20-05-2021 22:34

Surely OB (the King of the streamers) doesn't watch linear tv ?

jfman 20-05-2021 22:43

Scooby doo: “ruh roh!”

vincerooney 20-05-2021 23:21

GB News= DailyMail TV

"we need a news channel which isnt bias to the left!"

BBC News: Even though we're not meant to report this the postal votes are a disaster for labour...so you may as well not go out vote tomorrow! Here to speak is a member of a right wing party who has never won an election to speak.

"I still think its bias to the left!! Their comedy shows are sooooo lefty and PC

"Thats not the news though"

"BBC tv shows are bias to the left"

"thats not BBC news though"

*confused look as the camera fades to laura kussenberg drinking coffee on a park bench with Boris Johnson whilst Nigel Farage holds up a prize certificate waving saying "politician who is given the most BBC News airtime whilst having never been elected to westminister"

I'd be intrigued what channel number it gets on virgin media. I'd imagine if its given a high number in the 600s and the ratings are low the BBC will be blamed for it for it as a "left wing conspiracy" even though we've had a conservative government for 11 years and all the positions in the BBC are now conservative picked choices....

But moving on from sarcastic political banter....any rumours on apps coming soon for disney etc? It sounds like we've got a ton of tv channels being moved in the future as services move to streaming and yet no streaming apps launch...

OLD BOY 20-05-2021 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36080279)
Surely OB (the King of the streamers) doesn't watch linear tv ?

I record it and watch it just before bedtime.

Hugh 20-05-2021 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36080287)

Won’t it be "old news" by 7pm the following day? ;)

1andrew1 20-05-2021 23:42

Quote:

Isn't that then old news, Old Boy? ;)

epsilon 21-05-2021 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36080286)
I'd be intrigued what channel number it gets on virgin media. I'd imagine if its given a high number in the 600s and the ratings are low the BBC will be blamed for it for it as a "left wing conspiracy" even though we've had a conservative government for 11 years and all the positions in the BBC are now conservative picked choices....

At the bottom end I guess after NHK World, maybe 626 unless Virgin leave a gap. It could also be squeezed into one of the many gaps but that probably wouldn't be fair to the other news channels. There are a lot of gaps, maybe Virgin could use the addition of a new channel as a prompt to tidy up the news section.

OLD BOY 21-05-2021 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36080289)
Isn't that then old news, Old Boy? ;)

No as I'm normally in bed by midnight on weekdays.

paul nolan 21-05-2021 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36080286)
GB News= DailyMail TV

Its very easy to tell when someone has never watched an Andrew Neil Interview in their life... :doh:

Legendkiller2k 21-05-2021 12:36

Quote:

Iy's still linear tv old chap.
ITV do news at 10 too btw if you want a alt to BBC.

OLD BOY 21-05-2021 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k (Post 36080329)
Iy's still linear tv old chap.
ITV do news at 10 too btw if you want a alt to BBC.

It’s not me who’s fixated on whether it’s called linear or not. That’s down to others on here who are trying to be pedantic about technical terms and making arguments out of thin air.

1andrew1 21-05-2021 14:57

Quote:

Why don't you watch it on-demand OB? Recording TV is surely best left to the linear luddites. ;)

jfman 21-05-2021 15:15

Recording programming that's available via streaming. How quaint.

Hugh 21-05-2021 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36080331)
It’s not me who’s fixated on whether it’s called linear or not. That’s down to others on here who are trying to be pedantic about technical terms and making arguments out of thin air.

Why not watch it on iPlayer catch-up?

(you know, streaming...) ;)

OLD BOY 21-05-2021 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36080333)
Why don't you watch it on-demand OB? Recording TV is surely best left to the linear luddites. ;)

Simple. Because when the programme ends, you cannot access it for a few hours.