Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

heero_yuy 16-11-2014 14:14

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35741379)
Put roast in oven, hour later only fan working in oven no heat, only a small top oven working.

But we can't shop for a new one as my mum is about to go in to hospital and recovery is 2 to 6 weeks.

Just what we really need.

Almost bound to be the element has failed. Spares are readily available and it's quite easy to replace them. £20 to £30 for the part.

I've had to do our fan oven several times even though it's built in it's only retained by a few wood screws. Then it can be pulled forwards to access the electrical connections at the back.

Russ 16-11-2014 14:33

1 Attachment(s)
This is what gets my goat.

To most fans, a wrestling show is a wrestling show and most of the time the kids don't mind but when you're involved with the business and certain things happen, such as some tin-pot promotion puts on a bad show with poorly trained workers and thereby kills the town so that no other promotion can run there for years, it's extremely frustrating.

I'm of the belief that pro-wrestlers need to look larger than life and somewhat intimidating so that the crowd will think that although it's all a show, maybe it's not a good idea to annoy the bad guy too much *just in case*.

So when I see a poster like the one below it really gets on my nerves. Skinny teenagers do not look intimidating. If I was a betting man I'd put a tenner on none of them being safe and properly trained workers. Wearing sunglasses indoors does not make you look 'cool' unless you're The Rock (and they aren't). And Lord alone knows what sort of impression they're making on parents with the kid in red at the front who looks like he should be doing that in private (check his left arm).

Seriously this sort of rubbish is killing the industry.

nashville 16-11-2014 15:26

Not good news about your dinner, Hope your Mum improves,

Stop It 17-11-2014 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35741386)
This is what gets my goat.

To most fans, a wrestling show is a wrestling show and most of the time the kids don't mind but when you're involved with the business and certain things happen, such as some tin-pot promotion puts on a bad show with poorly trained workers and thereby kills the town so that no other promotion can run there for years, it's extremely frustrating.

I'm of the belief that pro-wrestlers need to look larger than life and somewhat intimidating so that the crowd will think that although it's all a show, maybe it's not a good idea to annoy the bad guy too much *just in case*.

So when I see a poster like the one below it really gets on my nerves. Skinny teenagers do not look intimidating. If I was a betting man I'd put a tenner on none of them being safe and properly trained workers. Wearing sunglasses indoors does not make you look 'cool' unless you're The Rock (and they aren't). And Lord alone knows what sort of impression they're making on parents with the kid in red at the front who looks like he should be doing that in private (check his left arm).

Seriously this sort of rubbish is killing the industry.

Oh dear god.

Aside from the fact that as you say, most of these guys look about as intimidating as the local group of teenagers hanging round the bus station, that poster is probably one of the worst production wise I have ever seen.

What was it made in, Paint?

thenry 17-11-2014 13:12

Get me out of here :(

papa smurf 17-11-2014 19:15

skinny blokes playing darts don't they know its a fat blokes sport , a dart player should be intimidating well ard and able to down 40 pints a day ,wearing a darts shirt does not make skinny blokes look cool unless they are Phil the power Taylor which they are not cos they aint fat enough ,lard knows what kind of impression they have on parents its killing the sport i tell you .

Hom3r 17-11-2014 22:06

A friend posted a comment on the Marilyn Manson 2015 US Tour page.

She posted this comment: London please Thanks!!!

Some comment this.

IDIOT1: London is UK you BUMjab

Friend: erm....yes i am aware........i am just stating i would like him to come to London. no need to be ****ing rude to me on my own status...THANKS!!!!!

IDIOT1: It's a US tour you BUM pouch

Friend: I DO KNOW THIS....I CAN READ....

IDIOT1: So why do you think they'd play London on a U.S. tour?

Friend: I am stating that i would like for him to come to the UK and do a LONDON gig AFTER he has done his US TOUR....

Friend: Are you so thick as POO not to understand that is what i was trying to say in the first place??? No because you think you are so MR BIG MAN and wanted to try your new insults....GROW THE HELL UP

IDIOT1: Well then you worded it wrong. You should have said 'hopefully he plays London after he does his U.S. Tour............

Friend: I didn't word anything wrong. If you really knew me, then you would know that is how I would speak normally...

UK1: When she says the word "Please" she's requesting that Marilyn comes to London, she hasn't worded anything wrong, don't be an illiterate dickface.

Me: She like me is speaking the "Queens English" and in both being English know how to speak it, do the MATHS.

Note I said MATHS and NOT the wrong word you use called MATH.

heero_yuy 18-11-2014 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35741613)
skinny blokes playing darts don't they know its a fat blokes sport , a dart player should be intimidating well ard and able to down 40 pints a day ,wearing a darts shirt does not make skinny blokes look cool unless they are Phil the power Taylor which they are not cos they aint fat enough ,lard knows what kind of impression they have on parents its killing the sport i tell you .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnBppccI0o

nashville 18-11-2014 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35741546)
Get me out of here :(

Not been here for a while How are you keeping now, ;)

ThunderPants73 18-11-2014 17:34

Vet bills. Pet insurance costs. 300 quid + to get my little kittlin's teggies pulled. 45 quid for an antibiotic injection alone. Ouch.....

heero_yuy 18-11-2014 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35741737)
Vet bills. Pet insurance costs. 300 quid + to get my little kittlin's teggies pulled. 45 quid for an antibiotic injection alone. Ouch.....

Ouch indeed. We're suffering bill collision too: Gas, lecky, AA, car insurance, BT, virgin, council tax.... It just goes on and on.:(

dilli-theclaw 18-11-2014 17:50

Patient transport.... Who seem to have forgotten I switched to a wheelchair and are trying to pick me up in a car instead of an ambulance. This is all to do with the new "Epic" computer system at addenbrooks.

denphone 18-11-2014 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35741738)
Ouch indeed. We're suffering bill collision too: Gas, lecky, AA, car insurance, BT, virgin, council tax.... It just goes on and on.:(

Yes the bills certainly seem to be rolling through our letterbox lately as well.:(

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35741739)
Patient transport.... Who seem to have forgotten I switched to a wheelchair and are trying to pick me up in a car instead of an ambulance. This is all to do with the new "Epic" computer system at addenbrooks.

Yes my partner is arranging my transport later this week for London and one suspects it will not run smoothly as usual.

ThunderPants73 19-11-2014 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35741738)

No bill collision here. I don't HAVE pet insurance as it costs a bomb, so only the one bill - of 300 quid +.
:(

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop It (Post 35741493)
Oh dear god.

Aside from the fact that as you say, most of these guys look about as intimidating as the local group of teenagers hanging round the bus station, that poster is probably one of the worst production wise I have ever seen.

What was it made in, Paint?

I would find a group of teenagers hanging around a bus station far more intimidating than this bunch of skinny articles. Paint would have produced a much better poster, this looks like it was literally cut and paste. With a pair of scissors and some glue, and they're encouraging people to SHARE it?

Hom3r 19-11-2014 16:14

The company I work for is so crap, I'm sure they would expect you to personally phone in every 2 day when sick, even if you were in hospital in a coma.