Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : Westworld (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703720)

Paul 29-11-2016 02:42

Re: Westworld

Well this has definitely got better, most theories have been confirmed this week.

After a dull & rocky start, I'm actually looking forward to the season finale next week.

TheDaddy 29-11-2016 03:18

I gave up with it, the first episodes failed to hook me which is a real shame as I loved the movie

General Maximus 29-11-2016 03:58

I cant believe we are already at the end of the season. It is killing me that there is only 1 episode left.

Stuart 29-11-2016 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35872385)
Well this has definitely got better, most theories have been confirmed this week.

After a dull & rocky start, I'm actually looking forward to the season finale next week.

I haven't seen this week's (yet), but I've enjoyed the series.

Rather than do as the film did and go down the all action lots-of-gunfights and evil man in black route that the pilot appeared to promise , the series has gone into the back story behind the park and the characters. I know this has put off a lot of my off line friends.

I love the series. I think it's actually the best series I've seen for a while. But, I'm a massive Micheal Crichton fan and I remember reading a while back that he was working on bringing Westworld to TV when he died. Having read most of his books, I think that the TV series actually gets closer to his style of writing than any of the films I've seen based on his books, so I can well believe it's at least partially based on the TV series he is supposed to have started working on.

cimt 29-11-2016 14:41

Once it got going it became an excellent show. It's just a shame that the first half the season put people off.

Paul 29-11-2016 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 35872453)
Once it got going it became an excellent show. It's just a shame that the first half the season put people off.

This.

They did a poor job of hooking people into the series, in the end I'm glad I stuck with it.

General Maximus 05-12-2016 21:44

absolutely superb, I wish every episode was 1hr 30mins long. Something occurred to me when I was watching it; we have discussed the pros and cons in this thread and had our differences of opinion so my question is how do you judge how much you enjoy a series. We can talk about the quality of the story line, the characters and special effects etc but I have one simple measure which I realised during that episode. I was completely hooked, engrossed and 100% focused on what was happening. When I watch mediocre series like Arrow I often find my mind wondering and thinking about other things but when I watch stuff like Westworld and GoT they have my undivided attention and the sad thing is that the episode is over before I know it. I am absolutely gutted that season 1 has already finished, I feel like it was only yesterday that we were talking about 1x01.

1701-e 06-12-2016 08:18

Stunning finale, violent, brutal,revealing.... and if you haven't seen it yet, stay for the post credits sequence....

General Maximus 06-12-2016 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 35873953)
stay for the post credits sequence....

thanks, I missed it and am going to rewatch it.

Paul 06-12-2016 17:59

I'm now thinking that the Host Ford was building was in fact a copy of himself, which he sent to the party, and he's not actually dead at all.

General Maximus 06-12-2016 18:41

excellent point and I didn't think of that. Given the emphatic speech he made about the "people he found" and basically describing how much he cared about them I thought it was really odd that he would choose to kill himself in what is now his children's greatest time of need. I think you are right and wants everyone to think he is dead so he can now work behind the scenes in one of his satellite bases ensuring nobody shuts them down or resets the code etc.

Stephen 06-12-2016 19:30

I want to see Samurai World!

General Maximus 06-12-2016 19:50

Yesssss, i was a bit disappointed they skirted over that. I would like to think they are saving it for season 2 but they need to be careful how much they detract from the current line. It makes sense that the business would explore product lines other than the wild west but realistically how input does Ford have. He is only human and has so much time (unless there are more of him but you would everyone would have noticed)

Chad 06-12-2016 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35874155)
I'm now thinking that the Host Ford was building was in fact a copy of himself, which he sent to the party, and he's not actually dead at all.

With you there

Paul 23-07-2017 23:24