Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Networking (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   PC world muppets! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33613892)

Pedro1 12-05-2007 19:07

Re: PC world muppets!

LOL think i agree with Intisilence.

nffc 12-05-2007 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb (Post 34302282)
You go into a shop with a recommendation from sourceswho knows what they are about then pick up said router only to be told something wrong from staff????? it is the reps fault

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

see above

Only if the staff told him it was compatible with cable. For instance, they could be misinterpreting something the guy said, and the customer gave the rep misleading information to possibly infer an ADSL connection was being used.

PC World do employ some muppets - I've spoken to more than a few - but I fail to believe this one at face value.

Why ask for advice if you are confident the product in your hand will work?

zing_deleted 12-05-2007 19:33

No No
The guy went in with a specific model knowing that was right. They should have took his word for it and let him buy they should not have interfered. It does not take a wizkid either to ask the right questions so there ;)

Also where does it say he asked for help? your assuming he did where as the salesman may well have just interfered

Pedro1 12-05-2007 19:43

Emplyees of pc world know just as much about pc's as do the employees of Clarks shoes.

EBO48 12-05-2007 19:56

that's an insult to employees of Clarks shoes.they more than likely know more

Pedro1 12-05-2007 19:59

True..... SAD BUT True.......

2||Para 13-05-2007 01:42

Went into the Peterborough store a while back looking for a cheap skt939 heatsink/fan after breaking my xp120.Spoke to one of the lads in there and explained it was for a Opteron and he said" ahh a skt939 hsf wont fit as its a server chip" To be honest i was suprised he even knew what a Opteron was but still asked to speak to someone else.

Some of the people that work there are good and some are bad as with many retailer outlets,i guess it's luck of the draw as to which you get with the purple shirt wearing brigade.

nffc 13-05-2007 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2||Para (Post 34302761)
Went into the Peterborough store a while back looking for a cheap skt939 heatsink/fan after breaking my xp120.Spoke to one of the lads in there and explained it was for a Opteron and he said" ahh a skt939 hsf wont fit as its a server chip" To be honest i was suprised he even knew what a Opteron was but still asked to speak to someone else.

Some of the people that work there are good and some are bad as with many retailer outlets,i guess it's luck of the draw as to which you get with the purple shirt wearing brigade.

My viewpoint exactly; and some of this story still doesn't add up to me.

I go in PC World, look for myself, and come out with what I wanted. No need to ask the staff, and I can often catch them out if I do.

RedDragon 14-05-2007 07:45

I use PC World as I like the instant satisfaction of buying from a shop. I take what the staff tell me with a pinch of salt and agree that there are good and bad staff. The best thing I find with buying from PC World is that I've had no problem exchanging faulty goods over the counter, even a hard drive which failed after 10 months was upgraded at no cost to a better model as the original was no longer in stock, to do this over the internet and postal service would have been to much hassle for me.:)

zing_deleted 14-05-2007 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDragon (Post 34303639)
I use PC World as I like the instant satisfaction of buying from a shop. I take what the staff tell me with a pinch of salt and agree that there are good and bad staff. The best thing I find with buying from PC World is that I've had no problem exchanging faulty goods over the counter, even a hard drive which failed after 10 months was upgraded at no cost to a better model as the original was no longer in stock, to do this over the internet and postal service would have been to much hassle for me.:)

I buy online cuz I like the instant satisfaction of saving a large wedge

EssDee 14-05-2007 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb (Post 34303659)

Superb! :D

2||Para 14-05-2007 14:24

Quote:

And the added bonus of the "Distance Selling Act"

LSainsbury 14-05-2007 14:30

Quote:

PCWorld (sic) do have some bargains sometimes...

Jurasik 14-05-2007 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsainsbury (Post 34303904)
PCWorld (sic) do have some bargains sometimes...

Yup. On Friday I printed out a PC world webpage at work, to prove a price of a new mouse. It was the Saitek GM3200. This is £30 in store, £22 online. I didn't want to use the works computer to buy with my credit card, so I went into the store with the piece of paper, in order to attempt to price match. I was amazed when they said they would match their online price.
So I walked out with a mouse which cost £22. This was the cheapest I found anywhere, including online.

handyman 14-05-2007 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurasik (Post 34304150)
Yup. On Friday I printed out a PC world webpage at work, to prove a price of a new mouse. It was the Saitek GM3200. This is £30 in store, £22 online. I didn't want to use the works computer to buy with my credit card, so I went into the store with the piece of paper, in order to attempt to price match. I was amazed when they said they would match their online price.
So I walked out with a mouse which cost £22. This was the cheapest I found anywhere, including online.

This one?
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/119665

£23 but if you build your order up to over £30.00 with say a 1 gib usb key you could use google check out and get both the items for £20.00.