Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   BT Group buys ESPN Channels (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33692203)

Chad 24-04-2013 21:46

Re: BT Group buys ESPN Channels

I like how SKY included a link to cancel ESPN early. I've gone ahead and cancelled.

nstokes 26-04-2013 12:07

I havnt had an email from Sky yet. Defo means the end of ESPN. Shame no pricing has been annouced yet thou

denphone 26-04-2013 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35565342)
I havnt had an email from Sky yet. Defo means the end of ESPN. Shame no pricing has been annouced yet thou

Indeed lets hope BT get their skates on pretty damn soon.

nstokes 26-04-2013 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35565349)
Indeed lets hope BT get their skates on pretty damn soon.

Indeed

dwarven 09-05-2013 15:02

So it appears that we can add the BT Sport package to Sky, BT Sport 1 and 2 and ESPN for £12 a month + £15 activation fee, HD channels come free for a year, then it goes up to £15 a month to keep HD, channels launch August 1st.

If you have BT Broadband / Infinity it appears to be free.

Not for me I think, not prepared to pay more just to keep access to ESPN as I couldn't care less about the other sports they are offering.

Info Here

telegramsam 09-05-2013 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwarven (Post 35569923)
So it appears that we can add the BT Sport package to Sky, BT Sport 1 and 2 and ESPN for £12 a month + £15 activation fee, HD channels come free for a year, then it goes up to £15 a month to keep HD, channels launch August 1st.

If you have BT Broadband / Infinity it appears to be free.

Not for me I think, not prepared to pay more just to keep access to ESPN as I couldn't care less about the other sports they are offering.

Info Here

I won`t be subscribing either. I`m only interested in the football and sky can more than satisfy my needs.I`m against the activation fee and the extra charge for hd after 12 months. I hope all sky customers boycot it. No word about what virgin customer will pay?

Bogof 09-05-2013 21:21

For as little as £20 a month if you pay line rental in advance you could have BT broadband, a phoneline and BT sport. I think it could be popular.

Lets not forget ESPN only had 23 games a season, BT has 38 with first picks included. Sky may have more games but it doesn't have all first picks.

colin25 10-05-2013 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogof (Post 35570113)
For as little as £20 a month if you pay line rental in advance you could have BT broadband, a phoneline and BT sport. I think it could be popular.

Lets not forget ESPN only had 23 games a season, BT has 38 with first picks included. Sky may have more games but it doesn't have all first picks.

To me it will come down to whether I want infinity, and whether the football encourages me to take it.

I think I will wait until I hear about offers from sky. Not concerned about who gives me broadband, as long as I can surf with it.

Dash: CF noob 10-05-2013 08:44

Maybe drop XL and get BT as well probably work out cheaper

denphone 10-05-2013 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogof (Post 35570113)

Hmmm BT broadband the biggest load of rubbish l can ever remember and as the old saying goes once bitten twice shy.

Bogof 10-05-2013 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35570205)
Hmmm BT broadband the biggest load of rubbish l can ever remember and as the old saying goes once bitten twice shy.

I once thought that about virginmedia (as many on here still do) but since returning in March I can't fault it. I would actually now recommend virginmedia, you might find the same it you ever go back to BT.

denphone 10-05-2013 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogof (Post 35570209)
I once thought that about virginmedia (as many on here still do) but since returning in March I can't fault it. I would actually now recommend virginmedia, you might find the same it you ever go back to BT.

When you say many on here you are of course talking about a very small vocal minority which you will find on any forum.

Arthurgray50@blu 10-05-2013 11:58

I wont be held to ransom by VM/BT over the new sports channels, it always makes me luagh that, customers are treated as though they have a bottomless pits in the pockets.

I am certainly not going to pay £12.00 per month for three channels, £5.00 yes, but l pay to watch football and especially Spurs games, but there is no gurrantee that Spurs will be on all the time.

nstokes 10-05-2013 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35570244)
I wont be held to ransom by VM/BT over the new sports channels, it always makes me luagh that, customers are treated as though they have a bottomless pits in the pockets.

I am certainly not going to pay £12.00 per month for three channels, £5.00 yes, but l pay to watch football and especially Spurs games, but there is no gurrantee that Spurs will be on all the time.

For me its not too bad as i currently pay £13 a month for ESPN so its not really too bad for me