Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   U.S President: Donald Trump (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704412)

Hugh 18-02-2017 01:43

Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

From Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urce-says.html
Quote:

President Trump was given a comprehensive summary of the contents of his former-national security adviser Michael Flynn’s phone calls with the Russian ambassador prior to Flynn’s resignation, a source told Fox News.

1andrew1 18-02-2017 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35886384)

Flynn was just doing a job. What's wrong with starting work a year before you're appointed and when the opposition's IT is being hacked by the same people you're speaking to? :dunce:

Meanwhile, the Trump and Fox News love-in is faltering.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...rump/98023272/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ers-attacking/

Damien 18-02-2017 14:41

To be fair that's Fox News' news division. They're less biased than their opinion side

pip08456 18-02-2017 15:43

Sounds possible.

http://imgur.com/a/7NQ8N

Mr Banana 19-02-2017 13:21

Trump keeps banging on aboutfake news, yet tells lies himself. Anybody else hear about the incident in Sweden?

pip08456 19-02-2017 13:29

Yes. The Smurfs 'cos they really exist!

1andrew1 19-02-2017 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35886453)

You could be onto something!

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35886541)
Trump keeps banging on aboutfake news, yet tells lies himself. Anybody else hear about the incident in Sweden?

He keeps banging out fake news! As others have said, is this a distraction technique to draw the fire away from other matters?

Mr Banana 19-02-2017 14:55

Incredible that he can openly lie like this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39020962

Damien 19-02-2017 14:56

There was a program on Fox News about Muslim immigration into Sweden. He was almost certainly referencing that although it's not clear if he knew it wasn't a news report about a specific incident. That is what is causing the confusion.

pip08456 19-02-2017 15:07

Quote:

Separately, Sweden is believed to have the highest number of Islamic State fighters per capita in Europe. About 140 of the 300 who went to Syria and Iraq have since returned, leaving the authorities to grapple with how best to reintegrate them into society.
That could be interesting.

Mick 19-02-2017 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886553)
There was a program on Fox News about Muslim immigration into Sweden. He was almost certainly referencing that although it's not clear if he knew it wasn't a news report about a specific incident. That is what is causing the confusion.

That is exactly what he was referring to.

The following words never came out of his mouth:

"Terrorist Attack", "Incident in Sweden". But the left leaning media are crawling all over it as if he had said it, he did not and they look stupid.

Damien 19-02-2017 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35886556)
That is exactly what he was referring to.

The following words never came out of his mouth:

"Terrorist Attack", "Incident in Sweden". But the left leaning media are crawling all over it as if he had said it, he did not and they look stupid.

He looks stupid too. It shouldn't be too much to ask of a President making a speech to structure his sentences properly. The way he said it made it sound like he was referring to 'something' happening in Sweden 'last night' and not a program he watched on Sweden last night.

Quote:

“We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?”
I know what he means because people have pointed it subsequently but otherwise any reading of that sentence would think he is referring to something in Sweden last night.

pip08456 19-02-2017 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886558)
He looks stupid too. It shouldn't be too much to ask of a President making a speech to structure his sentences properly.

I've got to agree with you there. Any time he speaks he starts on something and then appears to go off on a tangent. His recent press release showed that fact admirably.

That said he appears to be getting things done but you won't hear about that in the media.

Osem 19-02-2017 16:09

Trump's clearly not a skilled orator or a diplomat and maybe that's what a lot of Americans like about him. I don't think the media's obsession with his choice of words is going to register much with those who voted for him. In fact, rather as it did with UKIP, all the media attacks served to make them more popular.

passingbat 19-02-2017 16:15

Quote:

. That is what is causing the confusion.

Not to me it isn't.

Yes, it was a gaff in the way he said it, and he was rightly picked up.

But small gaff did not get in the way of the important principle he was making about the potential consequences of uncontrolled, poorly vetted immigration. He was spot on.

And focusing on a slip, rather than the important principle, seems crazy to me.

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35886564)
Trump's clearly not a skilled orator or a diplomat and maybe that's one of the things a lot of Americans like about him. I don't think the media's obsession with his choice of words is going to register much with those who voted for him. In fact, rather as it did with UKIP, all the media attacks served to make them more popular.

Agreed.

Damien 19-02-2017 16:20

Quote:

Trump's clearly not a skilled orator or a diplomat and maybe that's what a lot of Americans like about him. I don't think the media's obsession with his choice of words is going to register much with those who voted for him. In fact, rather as it did with UKIP, all the media attacks served to make them more popular.

It's not a 'choice of words' though. It's literally saying something so grammatically incorrect everyone thinks he means something else. We would mark down students sitting their SATs in Year 9 for that.

That 'mistake' wasn't the biggest issue in the world but to have a go at people for not getting what he meant is mad. Maybe the President of the United States should communicate better than a child.

Mick 19-02-2017 16:21

Quote:

I know what he means because people have pointed it subsequently but otherwise any reading of that sentence would think he is referring to something in Sweden last night.

He would not be the first politician to say stuff that on the surface, gives several interpretations but I would expect people to work it out instead of opting for the version that fits an agenda and it is not hard, I did not need it pointing out, I knew where he was going with what he was saying, that the refugee/immigration issue in Europe is out of control, no-one can deny this is not the case when it so is. To see stupid headlines by stupid left leaning news media outlets, and it is just another day, with their shambolic Anti-Trump hysteria that they have against him.

Now sure it is fine to question what he said and wonder what he meant, as you said you have had it pointed out to you, the media being in the business of news and information and wanting to stay a balanced news platform, would have had got that too but they decided to play dirty because going for the headline is all that mattered and when ones does it, they all do it like lost sheep.

It's like yesterday, there was a headline about former Manchester United player Dwight Yorke, being banned from entering the US on Friday, headlines on several news outlets said 'Trump's ban stops Dwight Yorke entering US." Doh, did they forget the ban is currently halted by a 9th District Court Judge in Seattle ? The actual problem, was an issue created by the previous Obama Administration, but it was far easier to blame Trump. Pathetic.

Kursk 19-02-2017 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886567)
It's not a 'choice of words' though. It's literally saying something so grammatically incorrect everyone thinks he means something else. We would mark down students sitting their SATs in Year 9 for that.

That 'mistake' wasn't the biggest issue in the world but to have a go at people for not getting what he meant is mad. Maybe the President of the United States should communicate better than a child.

Are you being a little harsh? For example:

Quote:

There is a difference between a 'program' and a 'programme' but we all know what you meant :)

Damien 19-02-2017 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35886571)
Are you being a little harsh? For example:

There is a difference between a 'program' and a 'programme' but we all know what you meant :)

My English isn't great but I hold the President to a higher standard. :)

Hugh 19-02-2017 16:43

Quote:

But what he says is important - he is the leader of the largest economy and the strongest armed forces in the world; if what he says can be misunderstood, that's a problem.

Also, there's a huge difference in not being a skilled orator and making things up (largest share of electoral vote since Reagan, been on the cover of Time a record number of times, look what happened last night in Sweden).

Mick 19-02-2017 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886567)

That could be said for a LOT of politicians around the world over and over past and present, they also need to believe in democracy and stop asking for second referendums because they were not happy with the first result.

pip08456 19-02-2017 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886572)
My English isn't great but I hold the President to a higher standard. :)

He's American though, they can't even spell English correctly.

Damien 19-02-2017 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35886574)
That could be said for a LOT of politicians around the world over and over past and present, they also need to believe in democracy and stop asking for second referendums because they were not happy with the first result.

They can ask for it, doesn't mean they'll get it (unless a lot of people vote for it). ;)

pip08456 19-02-2017 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886577)
They can ask for it, doesn't mean they'll get it (unless a lot of people vote for it). ;)

They can't vote for it until they get it which won't happen.

Damien 19-02-2017 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35886580)

I meant people vote for a party that promises it. Although that itself won't happen. My point is that politicians can chose what they want to do but voters are the ones who get to judge them on it. Bit off topic though.

pip08456 19-02-2017 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886582)
I meant people vote for a party that promises it. Although that itself won't happen. My point is that politicians can chose what they want to do but voters are the ones who get to judge them on it. Bit off topic though.

I take it that was a "Trumpism" then? You've just proved Mick's point.

Damien 19-02-2017 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35886586)
I take it that was a "Trumpism" then? You've just proved Mick's point.

What?

pip08456 19-02-2017 17:30

OK I'll type this slowly so you can understand.

You said.
Quote:

I said.

Quote:

After which you said.

Quote:

I meant people vote for a party that promises it.
Which means you had to explain yourself as you post was not clear and did not state what you actually meant.

Something like this I think.

Quote:

It's literally saying something so grammatically incorrect everyone thinks he means something else.
Ergo "Trumpism".:D

Damien 19-02-2017 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35886589)
OK I'll type this slowly so you can understand.

Needlessly rude :dozey:

My post is clear in context of the post I was replying too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35886574)

Quote:

'it' referring to a second referendum.

Anyway this is way off topic now.

1andrew1 19-02-2017 20:29

Quote:

He looks stupid too. It shouldn't be too much to ask of a President making a speech to structure his sentences properly. The way he said it made it sound like he was referring to 'something' happening in Sweden 'last night' and not a program he watched on Sweden last night.

Another theory is that he believed the attack in Sehwan was Sweden and not the place in Pakistan. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7583986.html

pip08456 19-02-2017 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35886625)
Another theory is that he believed the attack in Sehwan was Sweden and not the place in Pakistan. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7583986.html

But it's just that, a theory nothing more.

1andrew1 19-02-2017 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35886633)
But it's just that, a theory nothing more.

Yes, but I would have thought that self-evident.

Until Trump clarifies matters then we are either left with:
1) Theories like those that Damien and I have referenced, or
2) People feel it's Trump up to his old alt facts again.

Damien 19-02-2017 21:59

Trump has just Tweeted that he was referencing the Fox News report.

1andrew1 19-02-2017 23:23

Entertaining short video on how Kellyanne Conway, Trump's press secretary, handles TV interviews and avoids difficult questions.
https://www.facebook.com/Vox/videos/...c_ref=NEWSFEED

nomadking 20-02-2017 00:44

So there wasn't a grenade attack by Somalis, killing an 8 year old boy in Sweden? Or maybe there was........
Link to Swedish article
Quote:

The chief suspect in the murder of a British boy who was killed by a hand grenade in Sweden has died before he could be arrested.
Yuusuf Warsame, from Birmingham, was sleeping in an apartment in a working class area of Gothenburg, Sweden when the explosive was tossed through the window on August 22 last year.
Police believed the murder was part of an ongoing feud between members of the Somali underworld and had identified a main suspect.

Damien 20-02-2017 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35886648)
So there wasn't a grenade attack by Somalis, killing an 8 year old boy in Sweden? Or maybe there was........
Link to Swedish article

Who said there wasn't a grenade attack?

TheDaddy 20-02-2017 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35886648)
Link to Swedish article

It's all Dutch to me, looks like a dog was killed as well though

Damien 20-02-2017 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35886657)
It's all Dutch to me, looks like a dog was killed as well though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGTP...=youtu.be&t=56

TheDaddy 20-02-2017 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886659)

Terrierists :rofl:

Kursk 20-02-2017 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886659)

:D

tweetiepooh 20-02-2017 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35886576)
He's American though, they can't even spell English correctly.

"English" I think they can cope with. It's the letter "U" they seem to dislike, or "GHT" or some "S"s. They also verbalise nouns hence a burglar "burglarizes" rather using the word burgle. Wonder they don't continue so you get "burglarized" by a "burglarizer"...

1andrew1 20-02-2017 15:20

There seem to be two foreign policies developing on key issues. Here's another example which comes shortly after Trump said that the US was not committed to a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine whilst Pence added that it was. I'm genuinely confused. Is there a split between Trump and Pence or is Trump changing/evolving his position on quite a few key issues like Israel, Nato and the EU?

Donald Trump u-turn as Mike Pence tells EU leaders America is "strongly committed to partnership"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7589571.html

passingbat 20-02-2017 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35886707)
There seem to be two foreign policies developing on key issues. Here's another example which comes shortly after Trump said that the US was not committed to a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine whilst Pence added that it was.

I would be interested in a link to an article after the Trump/Netanyahu press conference where Pence has stated a different policy. I'm not saying that isn't the case, I would just like to see it. A Google search on Pence and Israel just showed 2016 results.

Hugh 20-02-2017 17:32

Speaking of 'fake news*'...

http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/nyheter...r-is-a-madman/
Quote:

Two Swedish police officers were interviewed in the film. Anders Göranzon and Jacob Ekström answered questions about how weapons are becoming more accessible. Horowitz also asked the officers about how crime has spread through cities. But the police officers now say that their answers were taken out of context, and are very critical of how their comments were portrayed on Fox News ”Tucker Carlson Tonight”. ”I don’t understand why we are a part of the segment. The interview was about something completely different to what Fox News and Horowitz were talking about”, says Anders Goranzon.

It was supposed to be about crime in high risk areas. Areas with high crime rates. There wasn’t any focus on migration or immigration”.

”We don’t stand behind it. It shocked us. He has edited the answers. We were answering completely different questions in the interview. This is bad journalism.”

Anders Göranzon continues: ”It feels like hell. The real questions should be shown along with our answers. We don’t own the rights to the film, but the end result is that we don’t want to talk to journalists after this. We can’t trust each other.”

”We just saw it. What can we do? One thing is talking to you. The excerpt they showed doesn’t say anything, we answered a different question. We don’t stand behind what he says. He is a madman.”
*the Fox News story that Trump based his comment about 'last night in Sweden' on...

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35886711)
I would be interested in a link to an article after the Trump/Netanyahu press conference where Pence has stated a different policy. I'm not saying that isn't the case, I would just like to see it. A Google search on Pence and Israel just showed 2016 results.

I can only find the US ambassador to the UN (just appointed by Trump) comments.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7584386.html
Quote:

But Nikki Haley, Mr Trump's appointment for ambassador to the UN, said the US remained committed to a two-state solution.

She said anyone who believed the US was abandoning the policy did so in “error”.

The UN envoy said: "We are thinking out of the box as well, which is: What does it take to bring these two sides to the table? What do we need to have them agree on?

"We absolutely support a two-state solution."

Dude111 20-02-2017 18:06

I cant believe its called "PRESIDENTS DAY" here in the states today HUGH!!

In my opinion we dont have a president now,we have a moron on the loose who is fixin' to destory our country!!

Damien 20-02-2017 18:15

I hope you got Trump a Presidents Day card Dude...

Dude111 20-02-2017 18:36

Hehe I doubt he would like the card I got him mate :D

passingbat 20-02-2017 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35886718)

I can only find the US ambassador to the UN (just appointed by Trump) comments.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7584386.html

It's Mike Pence, that Andrew indicated that I'm particularly interested in.

Mick 20-02-2017 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 35886722)
In my opinion we dont have a president now,we have a moron on the loose who is fixin' to destory our country!!

Yes you do have a President one that is democratically Elected.

As for the comment about destroying your country. None of the previous Presidents did anything to fix some of the long standing issues your country has, in fact some issues have got worse, not better : google homelessness US and see how that got worse under your precious Obama and because past Presidents such as him, they did very little to help ALL Americans, is the reason Trump won the Presidency, the sooner you liberals in the US understand that the better.

Osem 20-02-2017 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35886573)
But what he says is important - he is the leader of the largest economy and the strongest armed forces in the world; if what he says can be misunderstood, that's a problem.

Also, there's a huge difference in not being a skilled orator and making things up (largest share of electoral vote since Reagan, been on the cover of Time a record number of times, look what happened last night in Sweden).

Of course it is and yes there is a potential problem but the fact remains that he has these issues and a whole lot of Americans still love him. He clearly doesn't yet have the team around him to advise or persuade him to be a tad more judicious about what he says and does. Maybe he never will, after all Boris has a lot more experience in politics and is far more eloquent than Trump is but look at the gaffes he's made.

Skilled orators have the ability to phrase what they say very carefully to avoid getting caught out but that doesn't mean they're more honest. Far from it. Good diplomats know how to avoid giving offence when they'd honestly quite like to. Trump may well have deliberately made stuff up on the other hand he might just not be very good at listening to what he's being briefed. Being a billionaire who's used to doing/getting what he wants might account for that. That may make him a loose cannon president and/or deluded even but it doesn't necessarily make him a liar. Even if he is a liar is he any worse than many other presidents who've lied their way into office and during their terms?

I think a lot of people like Trump because he appears so different from the norm and they're mightily fed up with that. They appreciate his direct manner, believe he'll do what he says and for that reason they'll forgive his crass remarks and ignore the media frenzy. You and I might not like that but we don't matter. If he doesn't deliver it'll be them he answers to.

Mr Banana 20-02-2017 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35886752)

As for the comment about destroying your country. None of the previous Presidents did anything to fix some of the long standing issues your country has, in fact some issues have got worse, not better : google homelessness US and see how that got worse under your precious Obama and because past Presidents such as him, they did very little to help ALL Americans, is the reason Trump won the Presidency, the sooner you liberals in the US understand that the better.

Crikey, did you used to work in Brussels Mick, they like telling people in other countries what to do.

passingbat 20-02-2017 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35886766)
Of course it is and yes there is a potential problem but the fact remains that he has these issues and a whole lot of Americans still love him. He clearly doesn't yet have the team around him to advise or persuade him to be a tad more judicious about what he says and does. Maybe he never will, after all Boris has a lot more experience in politics and is far more eloquent than Trump is but look at the gaffes he's made.

Skilled orators have the ability to phrase what they say very carefully to avoid getting caught out but that doesn't mean they're more honest. Far from it. Good diplomats know how to avoid giving offence when they'd honestly quite like to. Trump may well have deliberately made stuff up on the other hand he might just not be very good at listening to what he's being briefed. Being a billionaire who's used to doing/getting what he wants might account for that. That may make him a loose cannon president and/or deluded even but it doesn't necessarily make him a liar. Even if he is a liar is he any worse than many other presidents who've lied their way into office and during their terms?

I think a lot of people like Trump because he appears so different from the norm and they're mightily fed up with that. They appreciate his direct manner, believe he'll do what he says and for that reason they'll forgive his crass remarks and ignore the media frenzy. You and I might not like that but we don't matter. If he doesn't deliver it'll be them he answers to.

I'd rather have someone who makes a few gaffs but speaks his mind rather than a smooth talking politician who's so worried about political correctness, that you don't know exactly where they stand on a topic.

For example, why did Obama refuse to use the words 'Radical Islamic terrorists'? That's what ISIS. Why did he pussyfoot around and not call them what they plainly are?

Mick 21-02-2017 01:51

Nothing going on in Sweden ? Yeah right....

Not seen this in the news tonight... Violent Riots tonight: Riot in Rinkeby, Stockholm, Sweden's Capital.

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/poli...t-stenkastare/

You will have to translate the page.

Quote:

published February 20, 2017 at 21:50

Monday night police were forced to fire warning shots in Rinkeby.
This after several people started throwing stones at police.
A little later in the evening attacked the police again by the young people.
- You've made two advances where they threw rocks at police, said Lars Bystrom, spokesperson at the Stockholm police.

Photos of the site, one can see how many cars are on fire, and emergency services are on site to extinguish them.
- 7-8 cars have been burned in the area. We move back and forth, it never stands still at such incidents but we have good resources in place, says Lars Bystrom.
According to information are about the emergency services have requested reinforcements from Sollentuna and Brännkyrka.
Not a sniff of this on BBC/Sky News.....

TheDaddy 21-02-2017 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35886777)

Not a sniff of this on BBC/Sky News.....

Why would there be, it's barely front page news in Sweden and the only reason you're mentioning it is because the donald made such a mess of things yesterday

Mick 21-02-2017 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35886779)
Why would there be, it's barely front page news in Sweden and the only reason you're mentioning it is because the donald made such a mess of things yesterday

Did he? Not aware of any mess except the crap the media hyped up.

Yes I mentioned it because we have been told or are being led to believe all is well in Sweden, which is far from the case.

But then again like a lost sheep, you're going to tell me next all is well in Europe aren't you? :rolleyes:

Damien 21-02-2017 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35886780)
Did he? Not aware of any mess except the crap the media hyped up.

Yes I mentioned it because we have been told or are being led to believe all is well in Sweden, which is far from the case.

But then again like a lost sheep, you're going to tell me next all is well in Europe aren't you? :rolleyes:

No people weren't saying "all is well" that was Donald Trump's exact phrasing on Twitter. What people were saying was first to wonder what Trunp was going on about and then that the Fox News report is flawed.

Now we're going to have constant updates of every crime in Sweden accompanied with demands as to why it's not global news to an attempt to defend the Donald, even lifting the wording of his tweets.

Mick 21-02-2017 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886786)
No people weren't saying "all is well" that was Donald Trump's exact phrasing on Twitter. What people were saying was first to wonder what Trunp was going on about and then that the Fox News report is flawed.

Now we're going to have constant updates of every crime in Sweden accompanied with demands as to why it's not global news to an attempt to defend the Donald, even lifting the wording of his tweets.

Come off it Damien : I don't need to defend him because I don't have an agenda and found nothing that he said a major issue, so no we are not having regular updates on crime in Sweden and by the way, my post was about unrest in Sweden, I never mentioned anything about crime.

As for Trump, as I highlighted already, he certainly did not say "Incident" or "Terror Attack", like the left leaning media would have you believe.

Look at the week long Riots in France last week at the hands of immigrants, footage of burning cars, reports of looting and destroying of property by them, did not get covered if at all, there appears to be an obvious media blackout of big migrant unrest in Europe.

Osem 21-02-2017 10:33

The more large sections of the media portray Trump entirely negatively, the more it appears they're being highly selective and unfair. It's quite right that any president comes under close scrutiny but I can't remember seeing anything much of a positive tone about his short time in office. It's all a bit of a media feeding frenzy with precious little balance evident in the reporting from what I've seen.

Having said that, I think Trump would be doing himself a big favour if he didn't keep tweeting stuff like some social media obsessed teenager with nothing better to do.

Damien 21-02-2017 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35886801)
The more large sections of the media portray Trump entirely negatively, the more it appears they're being highly selective and unfair. It's quite right that any president comes under close scrutiny but I can't remember seeing anything much of a positive tone about his short time in office. It's all a bit of a media feeding frenzy with precious little balance evident in the reporting from what I've seen.

Or they're painting a correct picture of the administration as you say it can appear unfair. Trump has been in office one month and we've had chaos at airports, an executive order overturned by the courts, the resignation of a senior adviser and an investigation into the security practices at one of his resorts after reports he was discussing national security matters in the open.

That's a pretty impressive tally for one month in office. Hell, considering how often Trump had at go at Obama going golfing, Trump has already run up 1/9th of Obama's entire travel budget for his 8 years in one month: http://www.fox25boston.com/news/tren...says/495874271

Quote:

In less than a month as president, The Washington Post estimates that Trump has already racked up a travel bill of approximately $10 million. The report says Obama spent just over $12 million a year on travel during his eight years in office.
His gone to his golf resort three times in one month.

Mick 21-02-2017 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35886801)

Exactly. It's been "Attack Attack Attack" and Trump is only going to throw it back, when he does, he garners more support, they don't get it that this is HOW he won and most people are not stupid, they see the obvious negative bias.

I completely agree, hold him to account, when he does something wrong, he has said that himself, but the tone has been nothing but negative bias all the time. I don't disagree that he said some stuff since being sworn in that just doesn't hold much weight and he doesn't talk like a typical politician would, but again, his supporters like that, that is what they want.

Yesterday was another fine example, Sky News saying there was going to be 11 Cities in the UK, protesting about Donald Trump, I was not aware of any 11 Protests going on. Also they seem intent on heavily promoting such demos. They heavily promoted the Petition to stop his State Visit, but they did not bother with the counter petition, that wanted his State visit to go ahead.

When they did a live shoot on FB, I saw about 10 people huddled in a little group holding a 'Dump Trump' placard, little gaps appeared and it was so obvious, that nobody was there and some of the protesters were trying to hide the obvious fact, very few people were there, it was just those 10 people, news reporter said 'most people have gone home because of the weather."

When reporters ask them why they are protesting, they give the impression they have no idea what they protesting about and they are only protesting because it's become a trend. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it was great to see Alex Salmond get a roasting for trying to raise a false 'Point of Order; at yesterday's Petition debate proceedings...

Maggy 21-02-2017 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886802)
Or they're painting a correct picture of the administration as you say it can appear unfair. Trump has been in office one month and we've had chaos at airports, an executive order overturned by the courts, the resignation of a senior adviser and an investigation into the security practices at one of his resorts after reports he was discussing national security matters in the open.

That's a pretty impressive tally for one month in office. Hell, considering how often Trump had at go at Obama going golfing, Trump has already run up 1/9th of Obama's entire travel budget for his 8 years in one month: http://www.fox25boston.com/news/tren...says/495874271

His gone to his golf resort three times in one month.

:tu:

What goes around comes around. The Republicans,Trump included made as much fuss about Obama during 8 years with as many nonsensical fake news stories including the rubbish about Obama's place of birth that it's really rich that this administration is sending up squeals of protest about receiving the same sort of treatment that they gave out..reminds me of the saying if you can't take it you shouldn't dish it out.

Mick 21-02-2017 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35886804)
:tu:

What goes around comes around. The Republicans,Trump included made as much fuss about Obama during 8 years with as many nonsensical fake news stories including the rubbish about Obama's place of birth that it's really rich that this administration is sending up squeals of protest about receiving the same sort of treatment that they gave out..reminds me of the saying if you can't take it you shouldn't dish it out.

Was not Trump who started that Obama birth place row and if you check your facts, Clinton campaign team in 2008, joined on that bandwagon when she was a contender for the President in the 2008 Presidential ticket.

Osem 21-02-2017 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35886803)
Exactly. It's been "Attack Attack Attack" and Trump is only going to throw it back, when he does, he garners more support, they don't get it that this is HOW he won and most people are not stupid, they see the obvious negative bias.

I completely agree, hold him to account, when he does something wrong, he has said that himself, but the tone has been nothing but negative bias all the time. I don't disagree that he said some stuff since being sworn in that just doesn't hold much weight and he doesn't talk like a typical politician would, but again, his supporters like that, that is what they want.

Yesterday was another fine example, Sky News saying there was going to be 11 Cities in the UK, protesting about Donald Trump, I was not aware of any 11 Protests going on. Also they seem intent on heavily promoting such demos. They heavily promoted the Petition to stop his State Visit, but they did not bother with the counter petition, that wanted his State visit to go ahead.

When they did a live shoot on FB, I saw about 10 people huddled in a little group holding a 'Dump Trump' placard, little gaps appeared and it was so obvious, that nobody was there and some of the protesters were trying to hide the obvious fact, very few people were there, it was just those 10 people, news reporter said 'most people have gone home because of the weather."

When reporters ask them why they are protesting, they give the impression they have no idea what they protesting about and they are only protesting because it's become a trend. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it was great to see Alex Salmond get a roasting for trying to raise a false 'Point of Order; at yesterday's Petition debate proceedings...

Sadly I couldn't hear him getting told off because there was tens of thousands of protesters outside making so much noise... :rofl:

Was Salmond telling the truth about that I wonder? People like him whine loudly about Trump making stuff up but there he is doing the very same thing.

1andrew1 21-02-2017 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35886793)
Come off it Damien : I don't need to defend him because I don't have an agenda and found nothing that he said a major issue, so no we are not having regular updates on crime in Sweden and by the way, my post was about unrest in Sweden, I never mentioned anything about crime.

As for Trump, as I highlighted already, he certainly did not say "Incident" or "Terror Attack", like the left leaning media would have you believe.

Look at the week long Riots in France last week at the hands of immigrants, footage of burning cars, reports of looting and destroying of property by them, did not get covered if at all, there appears to be an obvious media blackout of big migrant unrest in Europe.

You do however conduct a very full defence of Trump in this thread, regardless of whether you need to or not, and to some extent that's very commendable.

Osem 21-02-2017 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35886811)
You do however conduct a very full defence of Trump in this thread, regardless of whether you need to or not, and to some extent that's very commendable.

I don't think pointing out bias and hypocrisy in media coverage is necessarily a defence of anything except fairness.

Damien 21-02-2017 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35886807)
Was not Trump who started that Obama birth place row and if you check your facts, Clinton campaign team in 2008, joined on that bandwagon when she was a contender for the President in the 2008 Presidential ticket.

He was easily one of the biggest proponents of it though. Tweet after tweet.

Mick 21-02-2017 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886816)
He was easily one of the biggest proponents of it though. Tweet after tweet.

Don't deny that as I saw a news item of him banging on about it, but to lay full blame on him is wrong. Clinton Campaign was desperate to have anything they could on Obama on the 2008 ticket, so it was alleged they went down the 'Lack of American roots.", I am not saying Clinton herself endorsed it but it certainly was a tool being used by some of her team, in an attempt to smear Obama.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35886810)
Sadly I couldn't hear him getting told off because there was tens of thousands of protesters outside making so much noise... :rofl:

Was Salmond telling the truth about that I wonder? People like him whine loudly about Trump making stuff up but there he is doing the very same thing.

I saw the so called protest, the crowd in London near Parliament and there definitely was not 10's of thousands of people there, that was a blatant exaggeration by the typical Turkey neck Salmond. The man is a cretin but it was good to see him put in his place, he abuses 'Point of Orders', far too much.

passingbat 21-02-2017 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35886803)
When reporters ask them why they are protesting, they give the impression they have no idea what they protesting about and they are only protesting because it's become a trend.

To anyone with an ounce of common sense, the mass resistance to Donald Trump defies all Logic.

But nevertheless, they are real. Therefore, there is something else going on behind the scenes; organised groups are using these protests for their own agenda.

I suggest that this is one such group. The implications are extremely worrying, because people are blind to what is really going on.

Women’s March Organizer Recently Met Ex-Hamas Operative, Has Family Ties To Terror Group

Quote:

Linda Sarsour, one of the organizers behind Saturday’s Women’s March, being held in Washington, D.C., was recently spotted at a large Muslim convention in Chicago posing for pictures with an accused financier for Hamas, the terrorist group.

Sarsour, the head of the Arab American Association of New York and an Obama White House “Champion of Change,” was speaking at last month’s 15th annual convention of the Muslim American Society and Islamic Circle of North America.

While there, she posed for a picture with Salah Sarsour, a member of the Islamic Society of Milwaukee and former Hamas operative who was jailed in Israel in the 1990s because of his alleged work for the terrorist group.

Full article http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/21/wo...-terror-group/

Such organisations won't be the only ones stirring things up.

Don't forget globalist George Soros.

Billionaire Financier Soros Continues to Fund Anti-Trump Protests

Quote:

Despite media representing protests against US President Donald Trump as grassroots spontaneous uprisings, there is actually a significant amount of money being spent on special interest groups to keep the disruptions happening.
https://sputniknews.com/us/201702021...rump-protests/

Damien 21-02-2017 14:12

Sputnik News...

I mean we're going full conspiracy mode with the NWO and Sonos funding everything. Classic stuff.

passingbat 21-02-2017 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886841)
Sputnik News...

I mean we're going full conspiracy mode with the NWO and Sonos funding everything. Classic stuff.

Are you disputing those two articles?

Damien 21-02-2017 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35886842)
Are you disputing those two articles?

I don't know about the first one. I am disputing the second one because it's classic crackpot stuff. First of all it's Sputnik, literally the propaganda arm of the Russian government (which granted is a point in it's favor for many on here), but even if we take them at their word then the proof still isn't there. He donated to groups like Planned Parenthood, so have many others, and they were on the march. :confused:

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

That's it! I've had enough of these anti-democratic idiots protesting against Trump. :mad:

papa smurf 21-02-2017 16:23

look whats going on in Sweden- sweden:shocked:

SWEDEN RIOT: Police forced to shoot at protesters as violence erupts - yet PM is in denial

The terrifying scenes took place just hours after the country’s Prime Minister, Stefan Löfven, slammed Donald Trump for claiming Sweden was in crisis as a result of its liberal refugee policy.

Stockholm police were forced to fire a shot into the rampaging crowd in the hard-hit suburb of Rinkeby, after a mob of around 30 thugs started attacking the officers with rocks.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-Sweden-crisis

passingbat 21-02-2017 16:25

Quote:

Sputnik News...

To be fair, you're the person with a symbol for the NWO for an avatar, who gave an answer clear as mud when asked whether the Avatar has significance for you. Until you do answer that, how can we judge any post you make equating the NWO to the tin foil hat brigade?

Any way, leaving that aside, here are a couple more articles. One from Breitbart, which I suspect, you'll dismiss as Right Wing bias

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...funded-groups/

This is an interesting one given this disclaimer

"Disclaimer: I am not supporting Trump nor is this article really about Trump. I’m against the immigration ban, and I support all women’s rights regardless of what political party they belong to. With that said, I do not support corporatism."

https://medium.com/@trentlapinski/de...1a4#.lkb14iqd7

Damien 21-02-2017 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35886869)
To be fair, you're the person with a symbol for the NWO for an avatar, who gave an answer clear as mud when asked whether the Avatar has significance for you. Until you do answer that, how can we judge any post you make equating the NWO to the tin foil hat brigade?

You know full well I can't divulge information about the secret organisation of which I am DEFINITELY not a member. Not that it exists. Too many questions.

Osem 21-02-2017 16:54

Quote:

Sputnik News...

Well it won't be the world's poor who are funding anything. They just have their lives dictated by the rich and powerful. ;)

As regards a new world order, I've said before that I don't think it's at all unreasonable to think that the world's richest and most powerful people might have a common interest in cementing their place at the top table with the wealth and privileges that confers. There's only so much to go around after all and plenty have already shown that multi-millions aren't enough, billions are required to make them feel good. They may not like eachother or even share common politics/religion but they have the same self interest at a time when masses of poor, desperate people are on the march looking for their share of a finite pie.

Having said that, I don't think you're quite at the wealth level required to join any such club so no I don't think you're one of 'them'. ;)

Maggy 21-02-2017 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35886807)

I didn't say he started it,just that he repeated it ad nauseam so he can expect a similar sort of responses..as can the entire Republican administration.

Damien 21-02-2017 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35886874)
Well it won't be the world's poor who are funding anything. They just have their lives dictated by the rich and powerful. ;)

Same as it ever was. Trump has to be one of the richest men assuming the Presidency.

Maggy 21-02-2017 17:03

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/u...3&ref=cta&_r=0

And so it continues..

Osem 21-02-2017 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886876)
Same as it ever was. Trump has to be one of the richest men assuming the Presidency.

Yes he may well be, who knows what he's really worth or what his motives are but he'd seem to be in conflict with most of his uber rich peers so maybe he is different and that's what they don't like... :shrug:

The migration situation isn't the same as it was because the world's poor now know more than ever before what's on offer elsewhere and are increasingly prepared to fight for their share. They can see just how rich some people are and how little they have in comparison. In the past that wasn't true to the same extent and that's why we are now seeing huge numbers of people on the move for a better life.

It's going to be increasingly hard for the uber rich to justify their enormous wealth and what are they going to do if the people decide enough's enough? They need a plan B so what is it?

Damien 21-02-2017 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35886878)
Yes he may well be, who knows what he's really worth or what his motives are but he'd seem to be in conflict with most of his uber rich peers so maybe he is different and that's what they don't like... :shrug:

Or they he's nuts. Not sure their distaste tells us much either way.

Osem 21-02-2017 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886880)
Or they he's nuts. Not sure their distaste tells us much either way.

Maybe it tells us he's not a member of their club for some reason and why would that be?... ;)

Since none of us know what his true motives are we can only guess but it's early days to be judging his record in office.

Dude111 21-02-2017 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick

Im sorry Mick,I thought all you guys hated trump... (As most americans do)

Damien 21-02-2017 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35886883)
Maybe it tells us he's not a member of their club for some reason and why would that be?... ;)

Ironically he is quite literally part of some of their clubs, and owns them, that resort he owns and goes to at the weekends has doubled it's annual fee from $100,000 to $200,000 last month. But less literally he has large business interests across the world he hasn't put into a blind trust, appointed people form Wall Street, rolled back some of the post-2008 banking reforms and won't release his tax returns.

Maybe he'll prove to be the antidote to it although obviously I believe he won't. Still one of the most interesting things about Trump is how well he tapped into that feeling despite previously being almost the embodiment of the rich capitalist throwing their weight around. Before all the Obama stuff kicked off he seemed to play up to that image as well with golden TRUMP logos across a never ending array of products and private clubs marketed on their exclusivity and high prices - a status symbol. One skill he clearly does have is a keen sense of the public mood, especially on television.

1andrew1 21-02-2017 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35886883)

Since none of us know what his true motives are we can only guess but it's early days to be judging his record in office.

I imagine one motive is to be remembered in history forever. Being a US president guarantees this.

Mick 22-02-2017 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 35886921)

The thing with me. I like to weigh something or someone up after they've had the chance. But I tend to sit on the fence over everything and I do spot tons of double standards and hypocrisy from this seat and all I do is point it out.

At the start of the US campaigns, I actually wanted Hillary to win but was advised by my American pals to research more on her.

I was aware of the Benghazi stuff on her, then there were issues on her emails and then my opinion on her just went down hill the more stuff I kept finding on her and I began to see she was really another Obama and I did not like him at all, did not appreciate him interfering in our referendum on brexit but I did thank him actually, as I was convinced he probably swayed more people to vote leave with his threat to put UK at back of the queue.

heero_yuy 22-02-2017 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 35886921)

Since nearly half of your electorate, even in the popular vote, actually voted for Trump your statement is factually incorrect. ;)

And no, we don't hate Trump, only a vociferous, lefty minority do, as in your country. But then they hate anything that isn't full PC.

TheDaddy 22-02-2017 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35886946)
Since nearly half of your electorate, even in the popular vote, actually voted for Trump your statement is factually incorrect. ;)

And no, we don't hate Trump, only a vociferous, lefty minority do, as in your country. But then they hate anything that isn't full PC.

Yours is also factually incorrect, Trump got 27% of the eligible electorates vote.

Mr Banana 22-02-2017 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35886946)

Why are people called leftys if they don't like Trump? I don't like him but am certainly not a lefty!

1andrew1 22-02-2017 10:51

This looks a great project from The Washington Post's Fact Checker. The presence of fact-checking services would have been interesting in the run-up to the Iraq war! No one person has the time to investigate politicians' claims so this is an incredibly valuable resource. I hope the more extreme Trump supporters don't call this hard work fake news and see it for the contributor to democracy that it is.

Donald Trump 'has delivered falsehood on every single one of his 33 days as President'

Quote:

The Independent Donald Trump has been president for all or part of 33 days. He has averaged four falsehoods or misleading statements a day(!) in that time. There hasn't been a single day of Trump's presidency in which he has said nothing false or misleading....

What this Fact Checker project affirms is that Trump has changed nothing in his approach to the truth since being elected president. During the course of the campaign, nearly two-thirds of his claims that The Post's fact-checking team looked into were rated Four Pinocchios - meaning that they were found to be totally and completely false. By comparison, 14 percent of Clinton's fact-checked statements received four Pinocchios.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7592601.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph.../trump-claims/

pip08456 22-02-2017 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35886952)
Yours is also factually incorrect, Trump got 27% of the eligible electorates vote.

Yours is also misleading as it infers that 73% were against him.

Mick 22-02-2017 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35886967)
This looks a great project from The Washington Post's Fact Checker. The presence of fact-checking services would have been interesting in the run-up to the Iraq war! No one person has the time to investigate politicians' claims so this is an incredibly valuable resource. I hope the more extreme Trump supporters don't call this hard work fake news and see it for the contributor to democracy that it is.

Donald Trump 'has delivered falsehood on every single one of his 33 days as President'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7592601.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph.../trump-claims/

Just checked WP claim that they say crime in Sweden isn't up that's bollocks, it is up. So WP earns a big fat Pinocchio.

Sweden Rape Capital of the West: https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5...G73Gxk.twitter

Pierre 22-02-2017 12:58

I wouldn't trust any "fact Checker" rom the WP or NYT, or CNN or MSNBC.

Not exactly impartial.

Damien 22-02-2017 13:05

ABC news paints a complicated picture: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/presi...ry?id=45610077

Crime certainly isn't surging. It's gone up but in the main areas that have taken migrants it's gone down. However murder has increased across Sweden but at the same time we're dealing with small numbers so an increase of 20 might not be statistically relevant......

Quote:

Sweden has 15 suburbs with high crime rates, he said, but the recent influx of refugees doesn’t explain the problem. Rinkeby is one of these 15 areas.

“In 2015 a big number of refugees came to Sweden, and these were problem areas before that,” he told ABC News.

In fact, the number of reported crimes in those 15 areas decreased from 2014 to 2015. In 2015, 19,092 crimes were reported in those 15 areas — a decline from 19,576 in 2014. In 2012 the number of reported crimes in these areas was over 20,200, according to data from the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention. Numbers for 2016 are not yet available.

Last year 112,645 violent crimes were reported in the country — an increase from 108,739 in 2015, 108,071 in 2014 and 104,738 in 2013, according to the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention. Those totals include attempted murder, muggings and rape but not other types of sexual assault and murder, the council said.

In 2015 the number of murders went up to 112, from 87 the previous year. The data for 2016 have not yet been compiled, according to the council. But what these numbers don’t show is how many of the crimes were committed by asylum seekers. The statistics are based on police reports, and the reports don’t mention the suspected perpetrators’ ethnicity, citizenship or refugee status, according to the council.
Looking at those numbers I would say we're not really looking at mass problems here. Crime has gone up but it's not surging and there isn't evidence that the increase in crime is coming from areas with refugees.

passingbat 22-02-2017 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886873)
You know full well I can't divulge information about the secret organisation of which I am DEFINITELY not a member. Not that it exists. Too many questions.

If you don't believe that there are a group of powerful people, who's aim is to bring about, in the future, a word government, then we will have to agree to disagree on that one. Multinational trade deals, such as TPP and TTIP were back door methods to lay the ground work for this. Well done Mr Trump, for scrapping TPP and wanting trade deals between two independent nations.

But that second link I posted, from the guy who seems to be against many of Trumps policies, was also citing Soros as a funder of these mass protests against Trump. Do you dismiss his view as well?

"Disclaimer: I am not supporting Trump nor is this article really about Trump. I’m against the immigration ban, and I support all women’s rights regardless of what political party they belong to. With that said, I do not support corporatism."

https://medium.com/@trentlapinski/de...1a4#.lkb14iqd7

Damien 22-02-2017 13:41

Yes I do not think George Soros is paying for the protests. I don't care if some randomer puts a 'disclaimer' on the internet.

passingbat 22-02-2017 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886998)
Yes I do not think George Soros is paying for the protests. I don't care if some randomer puts a 'disclaimer' on the internet.

Actually, I really thought the Breitbart article would be the one that really changed your mind ;)

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35886984)
I wouldn't trust any "fact Checker" rom the WP or NYT, or CNN or MSNBC.

Not exactly impartial.

A politically impartial main stream press is pretty much dead.

TheDaddy 22-02-2017 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35886968)
Yours is also misleading as it infers that 73% were against him.

Not to anyone capable of thinking it doesn't.

Mick 22-02-2017 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35887037)
Not to anyone capable of thinking it doesn't.

Flawed response as always.

You cannot include people who are ineligible to vote because:

A) They couldn't be arsed to become eligible i.e register to vote.
B) They didn't bother to vote on the day of the Election.
C) They spoiled their vote.

All this silly arguing about percentages and BS about whose more popular blah blah, bollocks, it does not remove the fact that whether you agree or not, DJT became the 45th President and more importantly, she (Hillary Clinton) lost. :rolleyes:

1andrew1 22-02-2017 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35886994)
If you don't believe that there are a group of powerful people, who's aim is to bring about, in the future, a word government, then we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

I doubt you'll find most people agreeing with this.

passingbat 22-02-2017 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35887041)
it does not remove the fact that whether you agree or not, DJT became the 45th President and more importantly, she (Hillary Clinton) lost. :rolleyes:

So true. He was elected by the method that the US have set up to elect a President. End of story.

Sadly liberals don't like the results of a democratic vote that they don't agree with, especially ones that upset their politically correct liberal agenda.

Brexit and the Trump vote demonstrate this admirably.

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35887051)
I doubt you'll find most people who agree with this.

I really don't mind that. It does not make it wrong.