Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Please document any V6 issues here. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704015)

DVD Cinema 26-11-2017 22:44

Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

V6 doesn’t play back Netflix or New Store movies @ 23.976fps for movies does it, only 24fps?

Store movie trailers play back @ 60fps actually and stutter. TIVO doesn’t select the right frame rate.

The 24P setting in the Menu needs to play back @ 23.976fps.

denphone 28-11-2017 16:50

Why is BBC 4 TV EPG listings only updated to the end of this Friday?.

Mr K 28-11-2017 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35926712)

Next weeks Radio Times has arrived today Den, so what do you want to know? :)

denphone 28-11-2017 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35926713)
Next weeks Radio Times has arrived today Den, so what do you want to know? :)

What is on BBC 4 after Friday Mr K as its not been updated on the V6 or any of Virgins apps on any of our other devices.

Mr K 28-11-2017 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35926714)
What is on BBC 4 after Friday Mr K as its not been updated on the V6 or any of Virgins apps on any of our other devices.

Well on Saturday:-
7pm Ancient Egypt
8pm The Mekong River
9pm Witness
10:45pm Vietnam War
this is going take ages Den do you want all week :D

Highly recommend Radio Times, more reliable than the epg, they always offer an initial 10 issues for a £1, i've cancelled and resubscribed many, many times ;)

Mad Max 28-11-2017 18:17

Don't bother with that old fashioned paper stuff Den, download this app Tv24.co.uk, it's the best one out there and lists every channel you can think of.

OLD BOY 28-11-2017 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35926725)
Don't bother with that old fashioned paper stuff Den, download this app Tv24.co.uk, it's the best one out there and lists every channel you can think of.

For Saturday onwards on BBC4, it says 'to be announced'. Maybe that's where VM get their information from!

http://tv24.co.uk/saturday

Mad Max 28-11-2017 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35926737)
For Saturday onwards on BBC4, it says 'to be announced'. Maybe that's where VM get their information from!

Just noticed that, OB, that's strange as every other channel seems to be listed.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35926714)

http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings/?sd=02-12-2017 19:00

denphone 29-11-2017 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35926725)

l might just do that MM as you know l am a bit set in me ways sometimes.;)

---------- Post added at 04:28 ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35926737)

Its not too clever really when one has not got anything other then to be announced from Saturday onwards on the V6 on BBC4.

---------- Post added at 04:30 ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35926738)
Just noticed that, OB, that's strange as every other channel seems to be listed.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings/?sd=02-12-2017 19:00

Thanks MM as l have just seen several thing l like but l still cannot set them as series record sadly.

1701-e 29-11-2017 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35926716)

Highly recommend Radio Times, more reliable than the epg, they always offer an initial 10 issues for a £1, i've cancelled and resubscribed many, many times ;)

Same here though it is getting more challenging as they are trying to stop repeat £1 sub claimers.

nodrogd 29-11-2017 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35926712)

This seems to be a regular occurrence. I posted on the community forum about it a week or so ago when the same thing happened & within an hour the listings had magically appeared. Coincidence or what?

RichardCoulter 29-11-2017 16:55

It's even worse when the same channel is listed as showing different things at the same time!

This sometimes happens when the local channel is simulcasting truTV or between SD and HD variants.

OLD BOY 29-11-2017 19:23

The listings for BBC4 have now appeared on the EPG.

jepton 03-12-2017 19:03

Re: Please document any V6 issues here. Transferring Recordings

I have just installed my V6 box and done a straight swap with my old TiVO box.

The documentation that came with V6 clearly states that I will be able to transfer my settings, Series Links and recordings between my old Tivo box and the new V6. This requires both boxes to be connected to the internet, which they are, both via Ethernet cables to my router which is connected to my SH3 in modem mode.

Virgin telephone support says this transfer is possible but posts on the Virgin Community say that engineers have told them it is impossible.

Does anyone have and experience with this please because despite many hours of trying, I can not get it to work?

BenMcr 03-12-2017 19:43

You can't transfer recordings, but if they're both active on your account and they're connected to the same Hub you can stream between the two

For other settings, you can copy them - see here: https://help.virginmedia.com/system/...box-to-another

jepton 03-12-2017 20:33

Ben
Sorry, I should have said stream not copy.

Thanks. The key message seems to be that they must both be active on my account.
When I fire up the old TiVO I get a message saying account closed. So this must be why I cannot see the old box in My Shows.
My real annoyance is that the user documentation made no reference to this and implied I could freely stream from the old box.

denphone 04-12-2017 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35926867)
The listings for BBC4 have now appeared on the EPG.

At last OB as you cannot set a recording sadly without them as l wanted to record several series about Mexico..

nodrogd 04-12-2017 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by jepton (Post 35927365)
Ben
Sorry, I should have said stream not copy.

Thanks. The key message seems to be that they must both be active on my account.
When I fire up the old TiVO I get a message saying account closed. So this must be why I cannot see the old box in My Shows.
My real annoyance is that the user documentation made no reference to this and implied I could freely stream from the old box.

Needs a multiroom account set up. Also BOTH boxes must be connected to VM's coax cable to remain authorised.

RichardCoulter 04-12-2017 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35927383)
At last OB as you cannot set a recording sadly without them as l wanted to record several series about Mexico..

If any programmes aren't present in the EPG it is possible to record them manually.

pengedragon 07-12-2017 11:59

Something very odd has happened the last 2 nights

The screen has been taken over by Netflix stills, as in adverts for the programmes, while you can still hear the sound of what should be on the screen at that time

It sorted itself out 2 nights ago, last night I had to reboot the V6 to make it disappear

Had a look on the vm forums and this is apparently a known issue that a reboot sorts out

Most peculiar

spiderplant 07-12-2017 14:05

Yes, it's a known error. If you reboot it shouldn't happen again.

mhatter67 11-12-2017 19:44

Sorry if I am bumping up this issue, I am getting the stuttering motion picture on Netflix on my V6 and not my new TV smart app?

Is there a easy solution for this issue even happens in SD programmes on Netflix?

Mad Max 11-12-2017 20:07

Just use your TV app instead of the V6 one.

mhatter67 11-12-2017 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35928409)
Just use your TV app instead of the V6 one.

Probably the only way to go unfortunately, people on the VM forum we’re talking about firmware update in August did it happen?

Mad Max 11-12-2017 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhatter67 (Post 35928410)
Probably the only way to go unfortunately, people on the VM forum we’re talking about firmware update in August did it happen?

No idea mate, I never use any of the apps on the V6, always use my smart TV ones, so much quicker.

mhatter67 11-12-2017 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35928415)
No idea mate, I never use any of the apps on the V6, always use my smart TV ones, so much quicker.

The problem is VM promotes 4K in the new V6 box and one of the only real sources is annoyingly unwatchable with this stutter :(

spiderplant 11-12-2017 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhatter67 (Post 35928406)
Sorry if I am bumping up this issue, I am getting the stuttering motion picture on Netflix on my V6 and not my new TV smart app?

Is there a easy solution for this issue even happens in SD programmes on Netflix?

What make/model TV do you have? And is it directly-connected to the V6 by a VM-supplied HDMI lead?

mhatter67 11-12-2017 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35928430)
What make/model TV do you have? And is it directly-connected to the V6 by a VM-supplied HDMI lead?

Samsung 40mu6470, yes to both questions, here is the actual thread on VM community and they are a few others as well

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...D/td-p/3331912

Mad Max 11-12-2017 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35928430)

Why would this make a difference?

BenMcr 11-12-2017 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35928445)
Why would this make a difference?

Because all the HDMI cable supplied with the V6 box are 'High Speed' i.e support 4K / 1080P etc.

So asking if it's a VM one rules out other cables that may be 'Standard Speed' and are only rated for 720P or 1080i.

Mad Max 12-12-2017 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35928446)
Because all the HDMI cable supplied with the V6 box are 'High Speed' i.e support 4K / 1080P etc.

So asking if it's a VM one rules out other cables that may be 'Standard Speed' and are only rated for 720P or 1080i.

I thought that all HDMI cables were much the same, some manufacturers insisted that the more expensive cables were better, but others said that cheaper ones did exactly the same job as all they do is send a digital signal, where everything is sent as 0s and 1s, is this not the case now?

jj20x 12-12-2017 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35928453)
I thought that all HDMI cables were much the same, some manufacturers insisted that the more expensive cables were better, but others said that cheaper ones did exactly the same job as all they do is send a digital signal, where everything is sent as 0s and 1s, is this not the case now?

Digital electricity? Hmmm!

There are several HDMI versions and specifications, this may help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

mhatter67 12-12-2017 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35928446)

Interesting Ben so we are potentially saying it is the cable as the engineer who fitted my V6 box as far as I am aware did not replace my original HDMI lead installed with my old TiVo!

jb66 12-12-2017 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhatter67 (Post 35928465)
Interesting Ben so we are potentially saying it is the cable as the engineer who fitted my V6 box as far as I am aware did not replace my original HDMI lead installed with my old TiVo!

The HDMI leads provided now are exactly the same as the ones that have been used since Tivo was first introduced.

If the lead isnt fast enough you will loose the picture completely, you wont get stuttering

mhatter67 12-12-2017 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35928467)
The HDMI leads provided now are exactly the same as the ones that have been used since Tivo was first introduced.

If the lead isnt fast enough you will loose the picture completely, you wont get stuttering

So as the poster said on a thread on VM is it a firmware issue?

jb66 12-12-2017 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhatter67 (Post 35928475)
So as the poster said on a thread on VM is it a firmware issue?

I think so, the exact same thing happened when the tivo came out. Also installing a HDMI splitter that strips hdcp solves the issue so that confirms it for me

spiderplant 12-12-2017 11:05

OK, here are some things to try.

1) Make sure the TV firmware is up to date
2) Try all the HDMI inputs on the TV. On some Samsung TVs they aren't all equivalent.
3) Go into the Video Output Formats setting on the V6, and enable the 2160p Passthrough setting.
4) Disable the 2160 resolutions, and enable the 1080 ones. (I appreciate this won't then be UHD, but it's a useful clue if it fixes it)

Is the stutter random or at a fixed interval? If fixed, at what interval does it happen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35928467)

There are some old VM leads that aren't up to spec. Possibly they are from V+ days. But I asked that question because more commonly customers buy their own expensive "gold plated" ones, and they are rubbish.

mhatter67 12-12-2017 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35928483)

2) Try all the HDMI inputs on the TV. On some Samsung TVs they aren't all equivalent.
3) Go into the Video Output Formats setting on the V6, and enable the 2160p Passthrough setting.
4) Disable the 2160 resolutions, and enable the 1080 ones. (I appreciate this won't then be UHD, but it's a useful clue if it fixes it)

Is the stutter random or at a fixed interval? If fixed, at what interval does it happen?

There are some old VM leads that aren't up to spec. Possibly they are from V+ days. But I asked that question because more commonly customers buy their own expensive "gold plated" ones, and they are rubbish.

Will try tonight,
Thanks SP!

ozsat 12-12-2017 12:43

Samsung's have an issue with this on different devices - changing the 'Auto Motion Plus' will help but often needs changing when switching to other devices.

mhatter67 12-12-2017 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35928483)

1. TV software up to date
2. Did not try that
3. Enabled 2160p pass through
4. Done

Now works perfectly on Netflix no stutter, so with 2160 pass through and all 1080 video setting enabled does this mean no 4K playback on the V6 box?

Netflix allowed me to play a Ultra HD 4K show, did not stutter and looked like 4K?

Sorry what does 2160 pass through mean and for record the stutter was in fixed intervals?

Thanks as always SP

Best
Mark

spiderplant 12-12-2017 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhatter67 (Post 35928570)
Now works perfectly on Netflix no stutter, so with 2160 pass through and all 1080 video setting enabled does this mean no 4K playback on the V6 box?

It should be 4K. If you want to confirm, your TV probably has a way of displaying the format it is receiving (the info button, maybe?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhatter67 (Post 35928570)
Sorry what does 2160 pass through mean

It means that UHD content will be passed through the V6 using the same frame rate as it was in the incoming source, rather than the V6 converting it to a fixed rate that the TV said it could support. I think the stuttering was some inaccuracy in that frame rate conversion.

mhatter67 12-12-2017 19:37

Thanks SP you are a credit to VM mate!

Kushan 09-01-2018 16:30

So I just got Virgin installed again today, after quite the ordeal. It came with a V6 box, except it doesn't seem to work with my setup.

I have an AMP between it and my TV, if I connect to the AMP I get a HDCP 2.2 error. From looking around, this appears to be a known issue - the issue isn't the AMP (Which is 2.2 compliant) but actually the TV, which isn't. Stupidly, if I plug directly into the TV it does work but I don't get my nice surround.

I've done some Googling and it seems this is a known issue and in fact by design as per the HDMI spec - no downgrades to older HDCP versions, either everything is the same version or nothing is. So far the ONLY solution I've seen for this is to use a box to strip the HDCP protection back to 1.4, but this also means you lose Dolby/DTS unless you also connect via optical. That seems like a frustrating and poor workaround to me.

Is my above information correct? Is there anything I could have missed? If there's a way of getting this to work properly, as in just one HDMI cable from the V6 to my amp then I'm all ears, otherwise I'll be requesting they remove the V6 box entirely as I'm not faffing about with multiple inputs for some basic TV.

spiderplant 09-01-2018 16:42

Try disabling the 2160p resolutions in the Video Output Formats setting screen on the V6.

jb66 09-01-2018 16:55

Does your amp have any non 4k ports?

kgollop 09-01-2018 16:58

I've had an issue with Netflix on three separate occasions on the V6 now. Trying to play a show, it buffers to 24% and doesn't get any further. Stop doesn't work and trying to return to guide or TV results in a black screen. Only option is to pull the power on the box at this point. Once rebooted the "problem" title plays with no issue.

jb66 09-01-2018 17:08

My fix for that was to put a v6 in, gutted it's now happening to v6

ozsat 09-01-2018 17:10

The Netflix buffering issue seems to be a random issue across different devices on different ISPs.

The only common factor I have found is 'Netflix'.

Here is the BT stb on BT broadband - https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-...5/td-p/1505987

kgollop 10-01-2018 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 35931730)
The Netflix buffering issue seems to be a random issue across different devices on different ISPs.

The only common factor I have found is 'Netflix'.

Here is the BT stb on BT broadband - https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-...5/td-p/1505987

It seems to be a very recent issue, I've had the two v6 boxes since just after release and haven't had it on either until the last couple weeks. Fair enough the buffering issue could be a Netflix fault, but surely it shouldn't require the plug to be pulled in order to exit the app...

qwakuk 10-01-2018 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgollop (Post 35931728)
I've had an issue with Netflix on three separate occasions on the V6 now. Trying to play a show, it buffers to 24% and doesn't get any further. Stop doesn't work and trying to return to guide or TV results in a black screen. Only option is to pull the power on the box at this point. Once rebooted the "problem" title plays with no issue.

Also seen this, annoying but easy fix

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

New issue yesterday, had watched a program and went back to my shows, selected another and just got a blank screen. Tried pulling HDMI cables and reseating, powering down amp, tv, V6. Only way to get a pcitre was to pull the power on the V6 box.

It was actually very hot to the touch so assume heat was the cause:td:

RichardCoulter 10-01-2018 20:33

These boxes were built without a fan to keep costs down.

BenMcr 10-01-2018 20:46

I'm pretty sure there is a fan in the V6 box

jb66 10-01-2018 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35931891)

I'm 100% positive there is, anyway fans are not expensive

spiderplant 10-01-2018 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35931891)

Indeed there is.

Though it's unlikely it was overheating. If it was, it would shut down with a message on the screen like this

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2018/01/5.jpg

qwakuk: Call VM if it happens again.

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35931886)

If a box needs a fan, it gets a fan. An unreliable box would cost VM a lot more than a fan would.

alwaysabear 10-01-2018 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35931886)

Fans are cheap as chips you only have to look at case fans on Amazon, so I cannot see that being a factor.

spiderplant 11-01-2018 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35931900)
Fans are cheap as chips you only have to look at case fans on Amazon, so I cannot see that being a factor.

I'd rather not have fans in STBs, but not because of the cost. They can be noisy and unreliable things. But if they are needed, they are needed.

Incidentally, the V6 has 11 temperature sensors. Not exactly cost-cutting!

carbon60 11-01-2018 10:42

I've never heard any noise coming from my V6 box and I'm normally the one nearest the TV. However my 500GB regular TiVo often makes rumbling noises which can get quite loud and from what I've read that doesn't have a fan. I don't think it has ever forgiven me when I moved it to a different room.

BenMcr 11-01-2018 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbon60 (Post 35931963)
I've never heard any noise coming from my V6 box and I'm normally the one nearest the TV. However my 500GB regular TiVo often makes rumbling noises which can get quite loud and from what I've read that doesn't have a fan. I don't think it has ever forgiven me when I moved it to a different room.

I think that's down to the hard drives used.

My understanding is that the older TiVo uses 3.5" desktop hard drives, and the V6 boxes use 2.5" laptop drives.

So Laptop drives are almost always quieter than desktop drives.

peanut 11-01-2018 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kushan (Post 35931724)
So I just got Virgin installed again today, after quite the ordeal. It came with a V6 box, except it doesn't seem to work with my setup.

I have an AMP between it and my TV, if I connect to the AMP I get a HDCP 2.2 error. From looking around, this appears to be a known issue - the issue isn't the AMP (Which is 2.2 compliant) but actually the TV, which isn't. Stupidly, if I plug directly into the TV it does work but I don't get my nice surround.

I've done some Googling and it seems this is a known issue and in fact by design as per the HDMI spec - no downgrades to older HDCP versions, either everything is the same version or nothing is. So far the ONLY solution I've seen for this is to use a box to strip the HDCP protection back to 1.4, but this also means you lose Dolby/DTS unless you also connect via optical. That seems like a frustrating and poor workaround to me.

Is my above information correct? Is there anything I could have missed? If there's a way of getting this to work properly, as in just one HDMI cable from the V6 to my amp then I'm all ears, otherwise I'll be requesting they remove the V6 box entirely as I'm not faffing about with multiple inputs for some basic TV.

I had the very same problem with my Yamaha amp, in the end I had to get this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I still get DD5.1 via the V6 box, so all good in the end.

OLD BOY 11-01-2018 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbon60 (Post 35931963)

It might just be the surface on which the TiVo rests. You might like to think about putting some sort of padding underneath the box to dampen the noise.

carbon60 11-01-2018 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35931971)
I think that's down to the hard drives used.

My understanding is that the older TiVo uses 3.5" desktop hard drives, and the V6 boxes use 2.5" laptop drives.

So Laptop drives are almost always quieter than desktop drives.

A lot of the time the 500GB TiVo is silent, it is just sometimes that it makes the loud noise. It is loud enough that a visitor recently commented on it.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35931986)
It might just be the surface on which the TiVo rests. You might like to think about putting some sort of padding underneath the box to dampen the noise.

Indeed, it could be the vibration of the hard drive going through the wooden TV stand.

jonbxx 12-01-2018 09:15

Blu Tack is very good at decoupling vibrations. It's used a lot to prevent vibrations from speakers going through stands

Kushan 12-01-2018 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35931727)
Does your amp have any non 4k ports?

Sadly not, I checked the spec sheet of it and every port is 4k/HDCP 2.2 :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35931726)
Try disabling the 2160p resolutions in the Video Output Formats setting screen on the V6.

I'll give this a shot, I wasn't aware you could disable it. I suspect it won't work though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35931979)
I had the very same problem with my Yamaha amp, in the end I had to get this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I still get DD5.1 via the V6 box, so all good in the end.

Good to know there's a box to do it "properly" but I don't fancy paying £50 (or anything) for the privilege of bypassing some crummy DRM :(

BenMcr 12-01-2018 15:20

What's the model of your Amp?

Also I'd think the other way to do it if you can is to connect the Virgin TV V6 box directly to one of the HDMI ports on the TV, and then connect your Amp the port on your TV that supports HDMI ARC.

That'll ensure you can still route audio through your Amp when watching TV (as the TV will route the audio coming from the V6 back down the HDMI cable to the Amp), but won't then cause you the HDCP error as the V6 will use the right HDCP for your TV.

heavyside 17-01-2018 14:15

An odd one this. Over the last few weeks my V6 has begun recording multiple versions of certain shows. It has now recorded the same episode of Live at the Apollo on BBC2 HD twice - the original and the repeat - and Royal Academy: Painting the Future on Sky Arts HD twice. Looking at my planned recordings I can see that more repeats of this last show are there. Both are series linked (even though the Royal Academy seems to be a one-off) and marked as record new only. Not a big deal and better than missing recordings but odd all the same. Anyone else experiencing similar?

scollie 17-01-2018 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyside (Post 35932868)
An odd one this. Over the last few weeks my V6 has begun recording multiple versions of certain shows. It has now recorded the same episode of Live at the Apollo on BBC2 HD twice - the original and the repeat - and Royal Academy: Painting the Future on Sky Arts HD twice. Looking at my planned recordings I can see that more repeats of this last show are there. Both are series linked (even though the Royal Academy seems to be a one-off) and marked as record new only. Not a big deal and better than missing recordings but odd all the same. Anyone else experiencing similar?

Yes - we also had Live At The Apollo recorded twice. Not had this happen for any other shows.

ozsat 17-01-2018 15:56

Are you referring to the episodes on 11 and 13 Jan on BBC2?

If not can you let me have the dates to check the original BBC2 listings?
Quote:

Originally Posted by scollie (Post 35932870)
Yes - we also had Live At The Apollo recorded twice. Not had this happen for any other shows.

scollie 17-01-2018 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 35932874)
Are you referring to the episodes on 11 and 13 Jan on BBC2?

If not can you let me have the dates to check the original BBC2 listings?

Yes - I've just checked my deleted folder and it was the episodes you mention

ozsat 17-01-2018 16:27

They were treated as two different episodes because the one of the 11th was a 30 minute episode, while the one on 13th was an extended 45 minute version.

BBC treat these as different episodes.

BenMcr 17-01-2018 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 35932883)
They were treated as two different episodes because the one of the 11th was a 30 minute episode, while the one on 13th was an extended 45 minute version.

BBC treat these as different episodes.

It's odd that they don't title them differently though - they do for both 'Have I Got A Little More News For You' and 'QI XL'

heavyside 17-01-2018 16:53

The Royal Academy: Painting the Future shows on Sky Arts HD are definitely identical shows marked as 'record new only' and recorded twice (so far) in the same folder and down for the repeats to be recorded too. Odd.

ozsat 17-01-2018 18:08

This was due to Sky adding Series 1 Episode 1 to the later showing - even though it was actually a one off.

The S1 E1 was then dropped from even later repeats - so TiVo has no idea what is new or old.
Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyside (Post 35932890)
The Royal Academy: Painting the Future shows on Sky Arts HD are definitely identical shows marked as 'record new only' and recorded twice (so far) in the same folder and down for the repeats to be recorded too. Odd.

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

They are not consistent - Top of the Pops is usually two different versions per episode. The late night version being un-cut but the 7.30pm version being trimmed down to 30 minutes with between one and three acts removed.

TiVo has the correct line up to match the edits - but it would be useful if the BBC provide something in the synopsis to show it is a cut or re-edited version.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35932886)
It's odd that they don't title them differently though - they do for both 'Have I Got A Little More News For You' and 'QI XL'

spankysmagicpian 17-01-2018 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyside (Post 35932890)

I noticed this - not on Sky Arts though. I have never delved into the recording options of Tivo but set a series link for 'UFO' on ForcesTV. I looked at the options and set it to new (episodes?) only. It has recorded each one, shown so far, twice.

heavyside 25-01-2018 14:18

Curious. Yesterday two channels vanished from my favourites list, a Sky Sports HD channel and a Eurosport HD channel and I needed to re-select them to put them back. Now today I noticed that BBC 4 HD had vanished. This happened to both my V6 boxes. I am wondering if this has something to do with the switch to MPEG 4 that's been mentioned elsewhere on the forum or is it indicative of a problem?

spiderplant 25-01-2018 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyside (Post 35933922)
I am wondering if this has something to do with the switch to MPEG 4

That's very likely

Raider999 25-01-2018 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyside (Post 35933922)
Curious. Yesterday two channels vanished from my favourites list, a Sky Sports HD channel and a Eurosport HD channel and I needed to re-select them to put them back. Now today I noticed that BBC 4 HD had vanished. This happened to both my V6 boxes. I am wondering if this has something to do with the switch to MPEG 4 that's been mentioned elsewhere on the forum or is it indicative of a problem?

I lost a Sky Sports HD and a BT Sports HD channel from my favourites list - can't see why as the channel numbers are unchanged????

OLD BOY 26-01-2018 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35933982)
I lost a Sky Sports HD and a BT Sports HD channel from my favourites list - can't see why as the channel numbers are unchanged????

Spider's last post explains this!

arcimedes 26-01-2018 08:37

Last night my V6 stopped twice while we and the cat were watching the BBC1 HD channel. Very annoying as he likes the Big Cats show. The second stop was later.

OLD BOY 26-01-2018 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcimedes (Post 35934046)
Last night my V6 stopped twice while we and the cat were watching the BBC1 HD channel. Very annoying as he likes the Big Cats show. The second stop was later.

Maybe you just need to give the V6 a re-boot. I used to do this practically every week with my old Tivo. It does tend to sort this kind of issue out if it's a problem with your device.

arcimedes 26-01-2018 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35934056)
Maybe you just need to give the V6 a re-boot. I used to do this practically every week with my old Tivo. It does tend to sort this kind of issue out if it's a problem with your device.

Well it didnt really sort it out very well due to it stopping an hour later! i've never really bothered with scheduling a reboot as I have never had many problems.

Raider999 26-01-2018 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcimedes (Post 35934068)
Well it didnt really sort it out very well due to it stopping an hour later! i've never really bothered with scheduling a reboot as I have never had many problems.

Switched to my V6 this morning - BBC 1HD seemed to have froze - changed channels a couple of times and it cured it.

I too never do a reset unless it is necessary

OLD BOY 26-01-2018 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35934133)
Switched to my V6 this morning - BBC 1HD seemed to have froze - changed channels a couple of times and it cured it.

I too never do a reset unless it is necessary

I don't think it's necessary to do a routine reboot with the V6, but I used to get problems with my old Tivo if I didn't.

I would only do a reboot for my V6 if I discovered that the box was not working properly.

RichardCoulter 17-02-2018 21:27

Twice during the last week my V6 has lost all sound, even the sounds made when you use the remote.

A reboot is needed to restore the audio.

Anyone else experienced this?

Mr K 17-02-2018 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35937384)
Twice during the last week my V6 has lost all sound, even the sounds made when you use the remote.

A reboot is needed to restore the audio.

Anyone else experienced this?

I've had the sound 'burble' s couple of times and had to reboot. A common fault apparently.

The Yank 18-02-2018 12:01

There is a lot of chatter on the new V6 thread about WiFi diagnostics. This made me look at mine. I noticed that the one in the room with the SHUB3 is set to 5 Ghz whereas the one in the Living Room is set to 2.4Ghz. Is this something under my control? I'm not ALWAYS able to stream recordings between the two boxes and wondered if this could be an issue?

Mr K 18-02-2018 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yank (Post 35937458)
There is a lot of chatter on the new V6 thread about WiFi diagnostics. This made me look at mine. I noticed that the one in the room with the SHUB3 is set to 5 Mhz whereas the one in the Living Room is set to 2.4Mhz. Is this something under my control? I'm not ALWAYS able to stream recordings between the two boxes and wondered if this could be an issue?

5mhz is usually best, try it and see if it's an improvement? You should have a choice of WiFi networks.

The Yank 18-02-2018 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35937459)
5mhz is usually best, try it and see if it's an improvement? You should have a choice of WiFi networks.

Is what I thought but how do I change it?

spiderplant 18-02-2018 12:16

If you have a SuperHub 3, by default both networks have the same name. You'll have to log into the hub and rename one or both of them so you can specifically select them, if this hasn't been done already. Then go into the network settings on the V6, and choose the 5GHz one.

However, in a few weeks there should be a V6 software update which will automatically connect to the best one if they have the same name, so you might just be better off leaving it.

The Yank 18-02-2018 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35937463)
If you have a SuperHub 3, by default both networks have the same name. You'll have to log into the hub and rename one or both of them so you can specifically select them, if this hasn't been done already. Then go into the network settings on the V6, and choose the 5GHz one.

However, in a few weeks there should be a V6 software update which will automatically connect to the best one if they have the same name, so you might just be better off leaving it.

ok thanks for the reply - I'm not comfortable messing with things so will take your advice and wait ;)

gba93 18-02-2018 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35937463)

Could you let me know where you rename the networks as I can't see where this can be done - thanks.

RobboEdin 18-02-2018 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by gba93 (Post 35937466)
Could you let me know where you rename the networks as I can't see where this can be done - thanks.

If I recall correctly, it’s in Advance settings then Wireless and then Security.

gba93 18-02-2018 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 35937467)
If I recall correctly, it’s in Advance settings then Wireless and then Security.

Must of been the only place I didn't look - very many thanks