Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

nashville 07-02-2019 11:42

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Fed up scam numbers on my mobile. 120 016 from Exeter and Devon, I just swipe them the other way as I cannot block them on my phone, Really annoying ,

TheDaddy 07-02-2019 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35982408)
Fed up scam numbers on my mobile. 120 016 from Exeter and Devon, I just swipe them the other way as I cannot block them on my phone, Really annoying ,

That was denphone, he was ringing to share his bingo winnings with you as well

denphone 07-02-2019 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35982478)
That was denphone, he was ringing to share his bingo winnings with you as well

Naughty naughty TD.:D:D

nashville 08-02-2019 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35982479)
Naughty naughty TD.:D:D

Good idea I'll take a share. ;)

denphone 08-02-2019 05:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35982565)
Good idea I'll take a share. ;)

Well some of our family from Hampshire will be arriving to our fair city in mid afternoon and guess where they want to go tonight.;)

nashville 08-02-2019 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35982566)
Well some of our family from Hampshire will be arriving to our fair city in mid afternoon and guess where they want to go tonight.;)

Bingo ;)

heero_yuy 08-02-2019 13:17

Had to be seeing as all horse racing is suspended because of equine flu.

denphone 08-02-2019 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35982594)
Had to be seeing as all horse racing is suspended because of equine flu.

Indeed there is none in the UK until Wednesday at the earliest but the suspension of racing does not apply to Ireland.

TheDaddy 08-02-2019 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35982596)
Indeed there is none in the UK until Wednesday at the earliest but the suspension of racing does not apply to Ireland.

It'll be later than Wednesday, doubt there will be any next week either

denphone 08-02-2019 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35982603)
It'll be later than Wednesday, doubt there will be any next week either

Yes the rumours are starting to say a couple of weeks now TD but l would be very surprised if the all clear is not given before the Cheltenham festival..

https://www.racingpost.com/news/equi...ine-flu/365538

Stuart 08-02-2019 16:27

One particular post. Nothing wrong with the post as such, but I was trying to reply. The first time I replied, I typed a long explanation and accidentally hit the Refresh key. The second, I typed an edited version of the reply, then got called away to do something else. When I got back to my Mac, the Mac appeared to have gone into power saving mode. I hit a couple of keys and waited (this particular Mac takes up to a minute to come out of sleep mode for some reason), still nothing.. Hit a couple more keys, noticing that the caps lock light was responding (often a good test of a hung computer). After 30 seconds, the Mac rebooted..

Not sure if I can be bothered to type the reply out a third time. Will see how I feel later.

TheDaddy 09-02-2019 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35982566)

Let me guess, kerching

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35982604)
Yes the rumours are starting to say a couple of weeks now TD but l would be very surprised if the all clear is not given before the Cheltenham festival..

https://www.racingpost.com/news/equi...ine-flu/365538

Plenty saying Cheltenham will be cancelled, including one bookie offering odds on it being called off. I can't see it myself as there's nowhere else in the calender for it, I do think a lot of the racecards will be hard to pick though due to the horses being well undercooked, should be interesting, the ante posts alone will be a nightmare and I've got quite a few of those already...

denphone 09-02-2019 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35982665)
Let me guess, kerching

:)

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35982665)

Plenty saying Cheltenham will be cancelled, including one bookie offering odds on it being called off. I can't see it myself as there's nowhere else in the calender for it, I do think a lot of the racecards will be hard to pick though due to the horses being well undercooked, should be interesting, the ante posts alone will be a nightmare and I've got quite a few of those already...

l believe if the Cheltenham festival was cancelled which l don't personally think it will be l hear there is a plan from the BHA to run it 2 weeks later.

On the Ante post market many of the bookies are offering NRNB now so if the horse does not turn it punters get their bet refunded.

TheDaddy 09-02-2019 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35982668)
:)

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

l believe if the Cheltenham festival was cancelled which l don't personally think it will be l hear there is a plan from the BHA to run it 2 weeks later.

On the Ante post market many of the bookies are offering NRNB now so if the horse does not turn it punters get their bet refunded.

Two weeks later, pretty much clashing with the grand national then :shocked:

denphone 09-02-2019 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35982675)
Two weeks later, pretty much clashing with the grand national then :shocked:

If that scenario did happen as they did had the same type plan when we had the foot and mouth crisis in 2001 their plan was to hold the National meeting three weeks later apparently.