Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

denphone 01-11-2014 05:25

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35738304)
The wire that holds the seal in place on the washing machine has popped out and theres water everywhere. Just something else to add to my crappy week, trying to clean it all up now from the chair as Natalie is at work.

Then I a, going to try and fix the machine I guess.

Sorry to hear about your washing machine dilli and l do hope next week will be better then this week for you.

heero_yuy 01-11-2014 10:52

Washed my mostly white hoodie. It still hadn't fully dried and because the line in the bathroom was full of stuff airing I hung it over the Ali Baba laundry basket. Now it's got pale yellow stains all over the back. :mad:

Back in the washing machine with a scoop of vanish. Hope that gets the stains out.:erm:

dilli-theclaw 03-11-2014 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35738444)
Sorry to hear about your washing machine dilli and l do hope next week will be better then this week for you.

It took me several hours - but I fixed it :) Yay!

joglynne 03-11-2014 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35738857)

Well done. Have a pat on the back. :)

denphone 03-11-2014 15:06

Quote:

You are a man of many talents dilli and don't let anybody tell you different.

Stop It 03-11-2014 15:47

Quote:

Well done! You're certainly more brave & handy with DIY than I will ever be.

I must admit if something like the Washing Machine went it would be an instant insurance claim, I would likely cause more harm than good trying to fix it.

Talking of moans/fixing things, could someone fix Steve Wright on BBC Radio 2? He appears to be broken and hasn't been working properly for years.

rhyds 03-11-2014 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop It (Post 35738871)

Talking of moans/fixing things, could someone fix Steve Wright on BBC Radio 2? He appears to be broken and hasn't been working properly for years.

My main issue with him (aside from the awful jokes and cringeworthy "celeb" interviews) is his habit of talking/singing over tracks. It might have been funny once back in 1986, but it just gets on everyone's nerves now.

MalteseFalcon 03-11-2014 18:49

Acid reflux. On a pill for it, I am to take one twice a day. However, whilst it proved initial relief I am now struggling between doses and having to use Gaviscon as well. Will need to book an appointment with the GP who prescribed them to me for guidance as to whether to increase dosage to 2 once a day.

peanut 03-11-2014 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35738897)
Acid reflux. On a pill for it, I am to take one twice a day. However, whilst it proved initial relief I am now struggling between doses and having to use Gaviscon as well. Will need to book an appointment with the GP who prescribed them to me for guidance as to whether to increase dosage to 2 once a day.

Have you had the cause diagnosed?

denphone 03-11-2014 18:57

Quote:

What tablet and dose are you taking Mark?.

Russ 03-11-2014 19:09

Quote:

Omeprazole? I used to get vicious heartburn but that stuff cleared it up perfectly.

weenie 03-11-2014 19:09

Quote:

Hope you get your meds sorted soon Mark.

denphone 03-11-2014 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35738907)
Omeprazole? I used to get vicious heartburn but that stuff cleared it up perfectly.

Yes that's what l take and like you it has improved things considerably.

Hom3r 03-11-2014 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop It (Post 35738871)

I used to enjoy Radio 1 before Grimmy took over, but found radio 4 far more enjoyable, loads od play and documentaries, and thanks to book of the week I bought two of them.

MalteseFalcon 03-11-2014 21:03

Yep, 20mg dose twice a day. It helped at first and have avoided spice and caffeine like I was advised to. But last day or so it has come back with a vengeance and so I need to increase my dosage. But I have to speak to my prescribing doctor for me to start using 2 at once.

Was diagnosed in January, as well as spasms in my throat when I swallow food. They couldn't find any cause for it though. Was a case of put up with it.