Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708171)

Chris 30-12-2020 11:33

Re: UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36064242)
Much as I disagree with Blackford's politics, I thought it was a skilfully crafted speech well delivered.

Of course his hypocrisy about fishing quotas does stand out. But it was nevertheless worth hearing.

It’s unlikely that he wrote it in that case (or had much to do with it at all, beyond actually reading it out). He’s vastly inferior to his predecessor as a parliamentarian.

papa smurf 30-12-2020 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36064245)
It’s unlikely that he wrote it in that case (or had much to do with it at all, beyond actually reading it out). He’s vastly inferior to his predecessor as a parliamentarian.

To be honest i doubt most of them could get beyond Ugg;)

Pierre 30-12-2020 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36064242)
Much as I disagree with Blackford's politics, I thought it was a skilfully crafted speech well delivered.

Of course his hypocrisy about fishing quotas does stand out. But it was nevertheless worth hearing.

You must have listened to different speech than I did! Usual hypocritical garbage from the SNP

Mick 30-12-2020 14:44

BREAKING: MPs overwhelmingly back EU-UK trade deal ahead of end of transition period by 521 to 73

Damien 30-12-2020 15:15

So now what do we all talk about?

papa smurf 30-12-2020 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36064283)

The 73 who wanted no deal.

Carth 30-12-2020 15:22

Quote:

Oh I'm sure there will still be lots of negative media articles, farcebook posts and twitty twitter tweets for some people to get their teeth into ;)

All is not lost for those who still wish it had been different :D

Chris 30-12-2020 15:23

Quote:

The months of carping from those who are going to keep telling us how awful it is that they have to fill in a couple of forms before they can sell their langoustines to the French. Their continuing inability to weigh up their minor inconvenience against the enormous opportunities now before us. The list is probably endless. The Europhile establishment hasn’t given up yet. Not by a long way.

Damien 30-12-2020 15:26

I was thinking of something that isn't EU related such as 'Is Michael McIntyre funny?'

Obviously, the answer is no but you might get some deluded fools who think otherwise and that could be good for a few years of anger.

Carth 30-12-2020 15:39

aah I see, so something along the lines of "does Emmerdale reflect true life situations in the Yorkshire Dales?" for example.

This could actually warrant a new thread topic :D

papa smurf 30-12-2020 15:44

Will anyone think about the poor old English banger, doomed to the frozen arse end of a freezer truck :(

jonbxx 30-12-2020 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36064289)
The months of carping from those who are going to keep telling us how awful it is that they have to fill in a couple of forms before they can sell their langoustines to the French. Their continuing inability to weigh up their minor inconvenience against the enormous opportunities now before us. The list is probably endless. The Europhile establishment hasn’t given up yet. Not by a long way.

It’s pretty bad when you have a catalogue running in to the hundreds of thousands of items and over 400,000 order lines per year. That’s quite a bit of a minor inconvenience. It does at least align trade with the EU so it is just as inconvenient as trading with all other nations in terms of customs formalities

jfman 30-12-2020 18:27

Redwood voted against what was his gripe?

Hugh 30-12-2020 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36064336)

He and Owen Paterson abstained.

I believe he had concerns that the EU had too much power in the deal.

Sephiroth 30-12-2020 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36064336)

JR abstained. His gripe was what he saw as weasel wording (my interpretation) around how we actually take control of matters kicked down the road - particularly in fishing.

EDIT: Yes - what Hugh said.