Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Britain outside the EU (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709659)

TheDaddy 16-07-2023 15:54

Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36156298)
So a shockingly miniscule 0.08% uplift from this deal whilst Brexit is giving us a 5% reduction in GDP.
I guess every little helps but even if those countries grow by a staggering 100% that's still only a 0.16% uplift!

https://news.sky.com/story/joining-i...1-8bn-12921751

Meanwhile, how's things going with our largest trading partner?

And service companies don't get away from the leaky tyre effect of Brexit either.

https://www.ft.com/content/5f75a690-...0-eb0d544d7bd3

There is the food checks to come also next year iirc, we've put it off six years already, if you think food is expensive now wait until the extra billion quid for those checks is added to your bill, so much for smug and we can have cheaper food, clothing and footwear straightaway

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36156293)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2375947.html

The CPTPP trade deal has been signed. Immediate benefits estimated at £1.8bn per year once operational, with huge opportunities for us to build on that.

Keri Benedoch confirmed on Laura K’s show this morning that the Indian trade deal was making good progress.

Oh good, maybe the NHS will get the 350 million a week now, it's almost as if you don't know or care what you're talking about

Sephiroth 16-07-2023 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36156293)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2375947.html

The CPTPP trade deal has been signed. Immediate benefits estimated at £1.8bn per year once operational, with huge opportunities for us to build on that.

Keri Benedoch confirmed on Laura K’s show this morning that the Indian trade deal was making good progress.

Indian trade deal - at what price in immigration terms?

OLD BOY 16-07-2023 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36156314)
it's almost as if you don't know or care what you're talking about

Well, you certainly don’t, as all I did was report a news item. I know anything positive about life outside the EU is not what you want to hear, so I suggest you avoid this thread because we will get more news like that. I wouldn’t like to upset your sensitive brain cells.

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36156319)

Why ask me? We need to see the details when they are agreed. People don’t like speculation on here.

Hugh 16-07-2023 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36156321)
Well, you certainly don’t, as all I did was report a news item. I know anything positive about life outside the EU is not what you want to hear, so I suggest you avoid this thread because we will get more news like that. I wouldn’t like to upset your sensitive brain cells.

Why ask me? We need to see the details when they are agreed. People don’t like speculation on here.

You may wish to utilise a fire extinguisher on your underwear…

That statement is not based on actuality - nothing in the link you posted stated
Quote:

Immediate benefits estimated at £1.8bn per year once operational

Sephiroth 16-07-2023 17:13

Quote:

<SNIP>

You were the one hailing the Indian Trade deal as something worthwhile (without knowing the detail).

TheDaddy 16-07-2023 19:26

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36156323)

That statement is not based on actuality - nothing in the link you posted stated

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36156324)

You were the one hailing the Indian Trade deal as something worthwhile (without knowing the detail).

:rofl: :spin:

OLD BOY 16-07-2023 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36156324)

Actually, I said:

‘Kemi Benedoch confirmed on Laura K’s show this morning that the Indian trade deal was making good progress.’

Where did I ‘(hail) it as something worthwhile’?

This misinterpretation of things said that Cable Forumers do when hearing facts that they don’t like seems to have infected you, too, Seph, which saddens me.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36156323)

The £1.8 bn was actually stated, and I added to that the statement Kemi made about taking up the opportunities that the deal provided. The £1.8bn is a forecast based on existing activity and intentions. It’s been said all along that if you present the opportunities to businesses, they will find imaginative ways to exploit them.

I say that recognising that this is beyond comprehension for some. Live and learn.

1andrew1 16-07-2023 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36156328)
Where did I ‘(hail) it as something worthwhile’?.

I think Seph means you've hailed it before. For example
Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36125656)
Don’t worry, Andrew. When the new trade agreement with India is signed, we’ll get our overseas labour from there. :D

Quote:

The £1.8 bn was actually stated, and I added to that the statement Kemi made about taking up the opportunities that the deal provided. The £1.8bn is a forecast based on existing activity and intentions.

The issue with your statement about the £1.8bn is that you've used the word "immediate" whereas the article link you've provided says "after 10 years".

Sephiroth 16-07-2023 20:41

I applaud OB's loyalty to the Conservative cause.

i just wish he would see the government for what it is - a total shambles that is leading us onto the rocks.

What's more, they could stop ULEZ.

They could immediately knock the water company thieves on the head. There shoud be NO sewage discharges and no increase in water charges.

They should listen to John Redwood. (Yes, I know what you lefties will say ...)

Hugh 16-07-2023 21:10

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Actually, I said:

‘Kemi Benedoch confirmed on Laura K’s show this morning that the Indian trade deal was making good progress.’

Where did I ‘(hail) it as something worthwhile’?

This misinterpretation of things said that Cable Forumers do when hearing facts that they don’t like seems to have infected you, too, Seph, which saddens me.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

The £1.8 bn was actually stated, and I added to that the statement Kemi made about taking up the opportunities that the deal provided. The £1.8bn is a forecast based on existing activity and intentions. It’s been said all along that if you present the opportunities to businesses, they will find imaginative ways to exploit them.

I say that recognising that this is beyond comprehension for some. Live and learn.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...3&d=1689538178

GrimUpNorth 16-07-2023 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36156319)

Multiculturalism?

denphone 17-07-2023 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36156336)

I applaud OB's loyalty to the Conservative cause.

i just wish he would see the government for what it is - a total shambles that is leading us onto the rocks.

What's more, they could stop ULEZ.

They could immediately knock the water company thieves on the head. There shoud be NO sewage discharges and no increase in water charges.

They should listen to John Redwood. (Yes, I know what you lefties will say ...)

You must stop calling us lefties seph as most of us just want a common sense government which actually governs for us all rather then govern for a select group.

Sephiroth 17-07-2023 06:54

My remark, Den, concerned the lefties only.

OLD BOY 17-07-2023 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36156335)
I think Seph means you've hailed it before. For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY (1)
Don’t worry, Andrew. When the new trade agreement with India is signed, we’ll get our overseas labour from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY (2)
The £1.8 bn was actually stated, and I added to that the statement Kemi made about taking up the opportunities that the deal provided. The £1.8bn is a forecast based on existing activity and intentions.

The issue with your statement about the £1.8bn is that you've used the word "immediate" whereas the article link you've provided says "after 10 years".

The first quote, obviously, was a joke, based on a post of yours. The second does not use the word ‘immediate’. It says ‘based on existing activity and intentions’.

I say again, these were news items. I simply reported them. Don’t shoot the messenger.

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36156354)
You must stop calling us lefties seph as most of us just want a common sense government which actually governs for us all rather then govern for a select group.

You did tell us that you voted for Corbyn last time, Den. If that doesn’t make you left wing, what would?

jfman 17-07-2023 11:18

What’s entertaining is that you throws around “lefties” as an insult. How much catastrophic right wing economic policy do you have to witness to realise it has failed? How high do energy prices have to go? How much human excrement has to flow into our waterways? How many train operators have to “fail” once they’ve trousered all the subsidies and distributed those to shareholders?