Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Microsoft Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Xbox One Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33693514)

adzii_nufc 29-06-2016 11:03

Re: The Xbox One Thread

You said FPS but listed two that are predominantly Third person.

With that in mind and correct me if you strictly want FPS.

The Division - Third person over the shoulder. Online MMO shooter, well made - Ubisoft

Rainbow Six: Siege - FPS - Counter terrorism 5v5 enter and clear destructive environment kinda game.

Listed Battlefield? Premium should be cheaper now to give you the entire seasons DLC.

That's about all I can think of that are a bit oldish but still have a player base. FPS genre isnt that great these days. Plenty of great non shooters though floating around. Some very cheap but only via steam.

Elite is great on PC I bet its just as good on Xbox. Well worth it once you figure it out.

Russ 30-06-2016 04:14

Sorry yeah, I meant third person (a bit too early in the morning for me...)but I do like FPS - cheers for that :tu:

Hom3r 30-06-2016 20:11

I like The Division.

MalteseFalcon 30-06-2016 23:03

Anyone played Doom for the xBox? Seen it for £30 and been tempted to purchase it. But I'm scared it won't be anything like I remember the one I played for hours and hours on Windows 95 and 98.

v0id 01-07-2016 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35842869)
40% smaller. That really is a big difference. They have done away with the Kinect port on the back though!

I am really tempted to change to the new S model.

Apparently existing XB1/kinect users can get a kinect adapter for the XB1S from Microsoft for free

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...kinect-adapter

adzii_nufc 01-07-2016 18:25

RE: DOOM - Played on steam so acquired for much cheaper and thus the review reflects the price I paid. Couldn't tell you if its worth £30 but I really enjoyed the single player. Multiplayer is awful, you could love it or absolutely hate it like myself.

In my opinion and again you could enjoy the MP but are you willing to fork out for a potential Single player game?

Gems of the last year for me via PC but also available on Xbox.

Fallout 4, could be cheap now, worth a play through and undoubtedly going to be expanded with DLC.

The Division. Decent MMO 3rd person with a level system and an iffy DPS system that you can get used to but I'd have preferred a different system.

Rainbow Six: Siege - A very fun 5vs5 multiplayer attack and defend FPS with realistic bullet damage and promoting teamwork. Being a lone wolf will chew you up and spit you out.

GTA: Online - old but consistently updated with free DLC using the micro transaction funding DLC route. News that Liberty City remade will soon be appearing as the second online map. Unsure whether the player will need to travel between the map via airports or whether you'll get the same map in one instance.

Elite: Dangerous - Massively reccomended, Great to play and learn. Space Sim, trading, mining, combat. Looks daunting but very fun.

Upcoming:

Ghost Recon: Wildlands - Looks awesome, keep an aye out.

Battlefield 1 - a very different WWI FPS.

No mans sky - Similar to Elite.

adzii_nufc 06-07-2016 14:38

Updating stuff as they've come.

Windows 10 and Xbox One are likely to go X-platform with the exclusives soon enough. Forza Horizon 3, Forza 6, Halo wars 2 and so on. Even Gears 4 surprisingly.

Microsoft have introduced a policy of buy it once and play it anywhere*

* So long as the device is supported. Prime example. Buy it on Xbox One. Use the same email address as your Xbox live account on the Windows 10 store via PC and you'll also have it purchased and ready for download there too. It makes sense to offer this. Remember being narked at Buying Modern Warfare 3 for both Steam and Xbox.

Lastly. Red dead redemption will be made available for backwards comparability. Such a truly epic game and another factor that may see me away to pick up a device merely to play old and new exclusives such as this or UFC 2.
Assuming online servers still work during backwards compatibility, transferring online saves would be a hit too, Rockstar have a cloud system to make it easier and they should to be fair as the game has typically shot through the roof.

Play anywhere - Sept 13th
RDR - July 8th

Hom3r 10-07-2016 13:58

Tried playing RDR, but couldn't seem to join a game with a friend.

Russ 13-07-2016 05:34

I've just installed Betrayal on Battlefield but where is it? I've opened Hardline and the Episodes from my previous campaign are there but I can't find it anywhere.

SnoopZ 13-09-2016 11:15

5 Battlefield 4 map packs are currently FREE for the next 7 days.

Battlefield 4 China Rising
Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth
Battlefield 4 Final Stand
Battlefield 4 Naval Strike
Battlefield 4 Second Assault

https://majornelson.com/2016/09/12/t...inkId=28676402

Hom3r 17-09-2016 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35849546)
I've just installed Betrayal on Battlefield but where is it? I've opened Hardline and the Episodes from my previous campaign are there but I can't find it anywhere.

They are online maps.

Russ 24-09-2016 10:53

I don't follow developer websites, forums etc so if a campaign patch or update is available for a game how will I get it? Does it automatically update and install as soon as I connect to the internet?

Also how would I be notified? I play things like GTA V, Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate etc but campaign only, not online. Would I still be notified of updates?

Cheers

adzii_nufc 24-09-2016 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35860315)
I don't follow developer websites, forums etc so if a campaign patch or update is available for a game how will I get it? Does it automatically update and install as soon as I connect to the internet?

Also how would I be notified? I play things like GTA V, Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate etc but campaign only, not online. Would I still be notified of updates?

Cheers

Auto updates upon game launch if you're signed into Xbox Live.

SnoopZ 24-09-2016 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35860315)

Cheers

If your Xbox One console is always connected to the internet and is set to 'instant on' in the 'Power & Startup' settings then any game or console updates are downloaded and installed automatically even when the console appears to be off.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-...ut-power-modes

SnoopZ 28-02-2017 11:21

So i have sold my Xbox One, my problem is now that console is stuck in the 'insider preview' and the new owner is stuck with the beta software! i need access to the console to come out of the preview which i don't have, so hoping the Xbox Forums can sort it out for me but i won't hold my breath!

So if any of you guys sell a console make sure you come out of the preview first!

MalteseFalcon 01-03-2017 21:26

How much does it sell for? I have very little time to play it nowadays (although could change soon, see moans thread) so am thinking about selling it.

SnoopZ 02-03-2017 09:41

I sold it to some one in work for £140, this was the original with Kinect an extra controller, play and charge kit and remote control.

I had it priced up at CEX at £147 maybe a month ago, they pay more than Game.

MalteseFalcon 02-03-2017 13:47

Thanks Snoopz, will look into that. I don't have Kinect however would be selling mine with 2 games so could probably ask for a little more. All depends on what happens with my work situation honestly.

Hom3r 12-03-2017 11:25

Poxy Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

I need sleep, 12 hours sleep in 48 hours

Play 4 player co-op is excellent

MalteseFalcon 13-03-2017 08:45

Pfft, you pansy. I had a total of 5 hours sleep from last Sunday to Friday afternoon. So yeah, I can beat that for working whilst being a zombie. Luckily, I don't drive so wasn't endangering anyone.

Hom3r 21-03-2017 18:39

Has anyone else here got issues trying to get into their xbox one's?

I noe can't even get into it to try and log in.

SnoopZ 21-03-2017 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35891107)
Has anyone else here got issues trying to get into their xbox one's?

I noe can't even get into it to try and log in.

I tried logging into Xbox Live from a PC and it took a few attempts and very slow, maybe there is an issue.

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Yes it looks like there is an issue according to their support page.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-...us?xr=shellnav

Hom3r 21-03-2017 20:43

Apparently theres a major outage.

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

My xbox one only gets to the logo screen with the 3 flashing dots then screen goes black.

I even turned off my router and nothing.

If my xbox doesn't turn on I'll be very Peed off

Hom3r 22-03-2017 19:09

Error 8027025A occurs when you try to sign in or start an Xbox One app

You see the following error code when you try to sign in or start an Xbox One app:
8027025A
This may mean one of the following:
  • There's a temporary problem with the Xbox Live service.
  • The application did not load in the time expected.
  • There's a sign-in issue with your profile.

Hom3r 23-03-2017 18:38

Can anyone here possible help?

I have tried rebooting the X1 with and without both a network & kinect, without luck

I've had the follow error codes 0X8027025A & 0x80070005

I have even tried trying to boot using the BIND and Eject to get into the safe mode without luck

I can login to my xbox 360 without issue.

Is there still a issue with XBL in my area CM201QD

or is their a specific X1 issue, which requires my X1 to be repaired or replaced

Lastly should I buy a new X1 would any games (& saves) that I current have on a Ext HDD would this work on the new console?

SnoopZ 23-03-2017 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35891461)
Can anyone here possible help?

I have tried rebooting the X1 with and without both a network & kinect, without luck

I've had the follow error codes 0X8027025A & 0x80070005

I have even tried trying to boot using the BIND and Eject to get into the safe mode without luck

I can login to my xbox 360 without issue.

Is there still a issue with XBL in my area CM201QD

or is their a specific X1 issue, which requires my X1 to be repaired or replaced

Lastly should I buy a new X1 would any games (& saves) that I current have on a Ext HDD would this work on the new console?

Don't rush out and buy a new one, i would make another account and try and sign in with that (just to test it), if you can get in then you know it isn't the Xbox hardware but to be honest if the Xbox boots and looks fine it is probably still a live issue, if you can't then then contact support from a PC on the xbox live account and see what they have to say.

I googled your errors,

Quote:

Error 0x80070005 occurs when launching something on Xbox One
If you see the following error code when you try to launch something:

0x80070005

There might be a problem with Xbox Live or the item you’re trying to use.

Quote:

Error 8027025A occurs when you try to sign in or start an Xbox One app
You see the following error code when you try to sign in or start an Xbox One app:

8027025A

This may mean one of the following:

There's a temporary problem with the Xbox Live service.
The application did not load in the time expected.
There's a sign-in issue with your profile.

Hom3r 23-03-2017 19:24

I cannot get into the X1 to login with a new one.

I can login in on my PC, Xbox 360 & Smartglass for both 360 & one

Its only the one that has issues.

SnoopZ 23-03-2017 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35891466)
I cannot get into the X1 to login with a new one.

I can login in on my PC, Xbox 360 & Smartglass for both 360 & one

Its only the one that has issues.

Xbox online support i would go with first, let us know what they say, it would be a shame if you need to buy a new 1 or send it off to get fixed.

Hom3r 23-03-2017 19:37

Xbox support have said option that require you being in the system to goto a specific screen.

But I have said that I cannot get into the console whatsoever

SnoopZ 23-03-2017 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35891468)
Xbox support have said option that require you being in the system to goto a specific screen.

But I have said that I cannot get into the console whatsoever

They didn't help much did they, have you posted on the Forum to get help that way?

Please don't buy another until you know if it requires a repair though.

Hom3r 23-03-2017 19:45

Yeah I've posted on the MS forum

SnoopZ 23-03-2017 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35891472)

A waiting game then, or you can request a repair from your account online, try not to get frustrated.

SnoopZ 24-03-2017 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35891472)

Have you managed to resolve your problem?

If not do you plan to send the Xbox for repair or buy a new one?

Hom3r 24-03-2017 18:29

Spoke to MS without much luck, it didn't help it was a poor line, quite (overseas I guess).

So I'll take it to my sisters and try via her IP.

then buy the 1 S, hopefully without games as the only bundles I see I have the games, or don't want the game.

SnoopZ 24-03-2017 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35891576)
Spoke to MS without much luck, it didn't help it was a poor line, quite (overseas I guess).

So I'll take it to my sisters and try via her IP.

then buy the 1 S, hopefully without games as the only bundles I see I have the games, or don't want the game.

I would have used the online chat to talk to them, less hassle and may make a difference.

It is a shame you have to buy the S seeing the Scorpio is coming out this year.

Hom3r 26-03-2017 17:56

I got the GoW 1TB bundle with 4 games. £250

Plus TC GR Wildlands & a 2nd controller

£312 total

RRP for the lot £537 so a saving of £236

SnoopZ 26-03-2017 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35891796)
I got the GoW 1TB bundle with 4 games. £250

Plus TC GR Wildlands & a 2nd controller

£312 total

RRP for the lot £537 so a saving of £236

What will you do with your old Xbox and why didn't you send it in for repair?

Hom3r 02-04-2017 22:22

Repair would have taken too long and it's 3/4 years old.

SnoopZ 03-04-2017 08:22

Maybe still get it repaired then sell it, i got rid of mine with Kinect for £140.

adduxi 01-05-2017 17:14

You said you had tried BIND & EJECT. However did you have the flash drive inserted to reimage the XBox? I did this some time ago with mine after it refused to boot up and it did the trick. There are 2 image files, OSU2 and OSU1. OSU2 is ~1.9GB and is to be tried first, OSU1 is ~ 3GB and is the last resort to try. If neither of these 2 images work, not sure where you would go from there.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-o...sb-flash-drive

Hom3r 28-05-2017 19:54

The file for the flash downloaded but had a corrupt file, I tried several times on different kit.

SnoopZ 11-06-2017 23:27

Microsofts Project Scorpio officially named Xbox One X and available worldwide November 7th 2017 priced at $499.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/at...1&d=1497220194

Stephen 12-06-2017 02:38

Priced at £449 in the UK. The world's most powerful console.

The specs are pretty mind blowing for a console too. True 4k gaming at 60fps

SnoopZ 20-08-2017 22:31

1 Attachment(s)
Pre orders are now open for the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition. MS have made it clear that this version will sell in very limited quantities, so if you want it get it ordered ASAP.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074SPQ1...ing=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/sto...xCatalogSearch

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/at...1&d=1503265052

SnoopZ 21-08-2017 19:02

Now sold out from the links above although still available from MS and Argos.

Braggs 23-08-2017 10:55

Bloody hell. Says it's unavailable. Did I miss the preorder?

MalteseFalcon 23-08-2017 17:33

Would any ordinary 1TB hard drive do to use as storage on the xBox One?

SnoopZ 23-08-2017 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35913803)
Would any ordinary 1TB hard drive do to use as storage on the xBox One?

Depends what you mean by ordinary, it will be an external HDD preferably USB 3.0 compatible.

When i had an Xbox One i used a WD 2TB Black My Passport Ultra which was about the size of a pack of cards.

MadGamer 27-08-2017 14:49

I pre ordered the Scorpio edition when it first came up. Roll on November 7th :D

MadGamer 06-11-2017 10:18

For those that have pre ordered the Xbox One X and the Scorpio Edition, has yours shipped yet? :)

Martin_D 06-11-2017 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35923465)
For those that have pre ordered the Xbox One X and the Scorpio Edition, has yours shipped yet? :)

Nope not yet ordered from amazon

MadGamer 06-11-2017 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin_D (Post 35923504)
Nope not yet ordered from amazon

I'm the same. Mines been preparing for dispatch for the last few hours :)

adzii_nufc 06-11-2017 18:08

Gonna be a purchase in a few weeks for a handful of select titles. I was absolutely wrong when I suggested all Xbox exclusive on PC would be great :rolleyes:

They're absolutely horrible, it's clear those porting them have absolutely no idea what they're doing. I'm not risking paying more premium prices to be stuck with utter crap. So upon purchase I should have the games that are unplayable in my windows account available to play on the Xbox. Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7, Gears of War etc. Another reason for purchase is once again down to EA not making games available for a DRM platform they created in Origin. You know a storefront to house their games but actually only hold half of them because... well no valid reason.

Fight night and UFC are only available on consoles.

I had the original Xbox One but couldn't find much use for it early on, now I reckon I'd like to get back into Console FPS for a bit and as above, play the EA console titles and my Win10 library.

Heard the kinect is dead in the water though?

MadGamer 06-11-2017 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35923522)
Gonna be a purchase in a few weeks for a handful of select titles. I was absolutely wrong when I suggested all Xbox exclusive on PC would be great :rolleyes:

They're absolutely horrible, it's clear those porting them have absolutely no idea what they're doing. I'm not risking paying more premium prices to be stuck with utter crap. So upon purchase I should have the games that are unplayable in my windows account available to play on the Xbox. Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7, Gears of War etc. Another reason for purchase is once again down to EA not making games available for a DRM platform they created in Origin. You know a storefront to house their games but actually only hold half of them because... well no valid reason.

Fight night and UFC are only available on consoles.

I had the original Xbox One but couldn't find much use for it early on, now I reckon I'd like to get back into Console FPS for a bit and as above, play the EA console titles and my Win10 library.

Heard the kinect is dead in the water though?

Yes M$ are no longer manufacturing the Kinect sensors. Although they will still support existing units. Kind of makes sense really I don't know of that many games that supported it

SnoopZ 10-11-2017 11:14

How are you guys liking the X?

MadGamer 10-11-2017 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35924259)
How are you guys liking the X?

Love it. Just need to know what’s best to do with my old Xbox One in regards to selling it

Hom3r 11-12-2017 22:33

Can anyone recommend a decent headset for the One S as mines died.

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Surround sound would be nice

Hom3r 13-12-2017 13:28

Anyone please :)

adzii_nufc 13-12-2017 14:33

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Ga...gaming+headset

Bulky 17-12-2017 12:07

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4396514 Bought one of these recently , having had a set of a40 for 8 years i though i would upgrade , not disappointed :)

MadGamer 11-02-2018 18:10

The left thumbstick on my Scorpio controller sticks. Has anyone done a DIY repair and how easy was it? The videos I've seen on YouTube make it look simple enough