Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Prescott on Blair's 'Crusades' (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33700341)

RizzyKing 06-07-2017 16:34

Re: Prescott on Blair's 'Crusades'

This country was lied too by blair as was parliament and it cost the lives of some of our finest there has to be a consequence for that we cannot just let it go or it will happen again the next time someone more interested in their ego then the good of the country holds the position again. It always struck me as an insult that he was made a peace envoy for the middle east given the questions that existed back then.

While i won't be ashamed of our military who were following their orders i am ashamed of the politicians involved in taking this country into iraq and if he lied to chillcot then charge him and prosecute him he should not just walk away pocketing cash from his time as prime minister. My opinion of politicians is not high and hasn't been for sometime but blair is the most reprehensible and shameful prime minister we have had in my lifetime.

heero_yuy 06-07-2017 17:32

^^ This.

Those with so much blood on their hands must be bought to book.

Sirius 07-07-2017 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35906434)
but blair is the most reprehensible and shameful prime minister we have had in my lifetime.

If i was to post what i would like done to him i would be arrested.

Damien 07-07-2017 09:25

I am not quite sure what Blair can actually be arrested for though. The inquires stopped short of outright accusations of lying or criminal behavior. He as PM has the ultimate say in committing troops to a war and he also has a Parliamentary vote to back that. Give that the Attorney General unlikely to ever back a prosecution that sets a precedent for PM's being charged for decisions taken in office in the absence of a real criminal case.

The nearest I can see is that he is sent to a Hague for a crime of aggression under international law but then I also can't see other governments wanting to set such a precedent either.

papa smurf 07-07-2017 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35906516)
I am not quite sure what Blair can actually be arrested for though. The inquires stopped short of outright accusations of lying or criminal behavior. He as PM has the ultimate say in committing troops to a war and he also has a Parliamentary vote to back that. Give that the Attorney General unlikely to ever back a prosecution that sets a precedent for PM's being charged for decisions taken in office in the absence of a real criminal case.

The nearest I can see is that he is sent to a Hague for a crime of aggression under international law but then I also can't see other governments wanting to set such a precedent either.

upward of 3 million dead Iraqis would get it started

send him to Iraq to answer for his crimes .

RizzyKing 07-07-2017 12:26

There's no doubt blair lied and that he ordered others to lie and the fact that the system allows no recourse for his disgusting behaviour merely says more about the system then it says about anything else. He has tarnished the office he held and there should be mechanisms that punish for that and perhaps it's about time the system was reworked so that it can never happen again.