Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   8 Dead and 48 Injured in London Bridge Terror Attack (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704971)

Hom3r 04-06-2017 10:34

Re: 7 Dead and 48 Injured in London Bridge Terror Attack

Several things now need to be done.

1. Support the armed police 110%, even if they shot a person in error.

2. Question anyone who returns from certain countries, even if they come via indirect routes.

3. Any British born found quilt it is treated as treason.

4. Anyone found guilty is given a whole life sentence.

5. Anyone who supports these terrorists is also given a whole life sentence.

6. All there assets are seized and used to fund fights terrorism.

7. A new maximum security prison needs to be built, in a remote locations, all visitors are searched and they have the US prison visiting style system where you face them through glass and talk via a phone.

Damien 04-06-2017 12:22

We need to find a way to address how people become radicalised. It doesn't matter what punishments await them because they're willing, even wanting, to die for the cause. I also can't see an effective prevention strategy for someone who can get a car and drive it into people.

Hom3r 04-06-2017 12:40

Well you could put some bollards at spaced gaps on all bridges, and key locations.

Damien 04-06-2017 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35901641)
Well you could put some bollards at spaced gaps on all bridges, and key locations.

Certainly although we can't do that everywhere. There is always only so much we can do sadly.

deadite66 04-06-2017 12:56

Authorities ruled out installing anti-terror barriers just 24 hours before attack

Taf 04-06-2017 13:10

Cardiff city centre had bollards and anti-truck barriers all over the place for days due to the match yesterday. OK, a necessary tactic in these sad days, but the city went in to total gridlock every day because of them.

Jimmy-J 04-06-2017 13:21

There's no easy way to combat this problem, toes will have to be stepped on, people will have to be offended.

Saying that, I honestly believe the problem has been left to fester for far too long, and no matter what we do, things are going to get far more intense than what we've seen over the past few years.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Taf 04-06-2017 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy-J (Post 35901646)
Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Better than killed if we do, killed if we don't.

These **** don't care what we do, or what we believe, they just want to kill us because some ultra **** are telling them to do so.

And locking them up is not an answer. Neither is talking to them.

Jimmy-J 04-06-2017 14:16

I agree, it's better to take action than it is not to. Either way, it's going to get extremely ugly.

OLD BOY 04-06-2017 14:36

We have a few thousand people regarded as suspicious living in the UK, but we cannot keep tabs on them all. For this reason, I thnk an internment camp needs to be set up, and all those on the 'dangerous' list need to be rounded up for the security forces to interrogate and deal with appropriately.

It's a shame it has come to this, but sadly I see no realistic alternative. Most Muslims are good people, but if the Government is not seen to be taking decisive action, the population will turn on those innocent people. This must not be allowed to happen.

RichardCoulter 04-06-2017 16:54

Re: My earlier comment about the victims drinking alcohol.

These terrorists are supposed to be such fanatical Muslims, yet they had been drinking alcohol in the van beforehand.

A lot of them are hypocritical​ though eg they don't believe in alcohol but will sell it. It's the equivalent of selling drugs whilst spouting on about how wrong it is to take drugs.

The majority of them that I've met seem to be obsessed with money to varying degrees, often to a ridiculous extent. Again, the Koran preaches against materialism.

Asians in general in Britain do have a reputation for arguing over pennies, yet I've met travellers who have met those in their own countries with nothing- yet have shared what little they have with hungry and weary travellers.

There is evidence that some Sikhs have helped those in need in this country too.

OLD BOY 04-06-2017 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35901661)
Re: My earlier comment about the victims drinking alcohol.

These terrorists are supposed to be such fanatical Muslims, yet they had been drinking alcohol in the van beforehand.

A lot of them are hypocritical​ though eg they don't believe in alcohol but will sell it. It's the equivalent of selling drugs whilst spouting on about how wrong it is to take drugs.

The majority of them that I've met seem to be obsessed with money to varying degrees, often to a ridiculous extent. Again, the Koran preaches against materialism.

Asians in general in Britain do have a reputation for arguing over pennies, yet I've met travellers who have met those in their own countries with nothing- yet have shared what little they have with hungry and weary travellers.

There is evidence that some Sikhs have helped those in need in this country too.

You shouldn't be surprised about these people drinking alcohol, Richard. They are not actually Muslims, as they like to claim. They are just vicious, cold blooded murderers who will seek out any excuse to act out their violent fantasies. Radical Islamism is as good as any.

Hom3r 04-06-2017 17:44

I'd put the bollards on pavements on bridges and long pavement stretches.

nomadking 04-06-2017 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35901664)
You shouldn't be surprised about these people drinking alcohol, Richard. They are not actually Muslims, as they like to claim. They are just vicious, cold blooded murderers who will seek out any excuse to act out their violent fantasies. Radical Islamism is as good as any.

Who just happen to be Muslims.:confused:

How many individuals or especially groups of non-Muslims act in that way?

Hugh 04-06-2017 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35901669)
Who just happen to be Muslims.:confused:

How many individuals or especially groups of non-Muslims act in that way?

11 killed https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nix/313673001/

2 killed, 8 wounded https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/101418884/

8 dead http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...165659989.html