Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

AdamD 15-06-2012 23:31

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Prometheus - 7/10

Scores highly with me for visual effects and sound

But the script is a bloody mess and the scenes in the film have obviously been cut up quite extremely, as it doesn't flow properly.

Supposedly there's 27 minutes of extra footage that was cut, but will be added to the DC/ED DVD/Bluray

denphone 16-06-2012 19:18

Ridley Scott's Robin Hood starring Russell Crowe 9/10

Excellent film and lets hope there is a sequel.

richard1960 16-06-2012 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_ (Post 35441732)
Apart from Mister Brooks every other Kevin Costner movie has been predictable.

I think perfect world was pretty good and not that predictable a costner film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezplOp873dE

I would give it 8/10.

Tezcatlipoca 16-06-2012 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35442310)
Ridley Scott's Robin Hood starring Russell Crowe 9/10

Excellent film and lets hope there is a sequel.

Scott and Crowe have both previously expressed interest in possibly doing a sequel, however I think the critical and commercial failure of the film pretty much rules it out.

denphone 16-06-2012 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35442334)
Scott and Crowe have both previously expressed interest in possibly doing a sequel, however I think the critical and commercial failure of the film pretty much rules it out.

Its a pity really as l enjoyed the different take on this film.

Stuart 17-06-2012 22:43

Snow White and the Huntsman. 8/10.
Pretty good fantasy action adventure flick. Kristen Stewart actually is quite a good actress. Actually most of the cast play their parts fairly well (Ray Winstone, Bob Hoskins and Ian McShane as dwarves are especially entertaining), but Charlize Theron is absolutely amazing as the evil queen.

The one thing that surpises me is that director has no experience in feature films (the biggest thing he directed before was a commercial for Halo), and the screen writers have only written low budget movies, but this is a movie with a budget of over $100,000,000 and arguably a blockbuster.

I would say all concerned did a good job. The film looks good, sounds good (especially the large battles) and is entertaining.

iFrankie 18-06-2012 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35442897)
Snow White and the Huntsman. 8/10.
Pretty good fantasy action adventure flick. Kristen Stewart actually is quite a good actress. Actually most of the cast play their parts fairly well (Ray Winstone, Bob Hoskins and Ian McShane as dwarves are especially entertaining), but Charlize Theron is absolutely amazing as the evil queen.

The one thing that surpises me is that director has no experience in feature films (the biggest thing he directed before was a commercial for Halo), and the screen writers have only written low budget movies, but this is a movie with a budget of over $100,000,000 and arguably a blockbuster.

I would say all concerned did a good job. The film looks good, sounds good (especially the large battles) and is entertaining.

This movie looks absolutely amazing, can't wait to see it!.

alferret 23-06-2012 21:56

The best Exotic Marigold Hotel 9/10, no sex, violence or swearing, really enjoyable.

Derek 24-06-2012 06:25

The Pact - 3/10

Just a confusing mess of a film with some cheap 'oooh what's behind you' shocks and plot holes you could drive a truck through.

Scrubbs 24-06-2012 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamD (Post 35442097)
Prometheus - 7/10

Scores highly with me for visual effects and sound

But the script is a bloody mess and the scenes in the film have obviously been cut up quite extremely, as it doesn't flow properly.

Supposedly there's 27 minutes of extra footage that was cut, but will be added to the DC/ED DVD/Bluray

totally agree, the characters didn't seem to have enough time to develop and difficult to get any empathy going with any of the characters. will give it another go in a year or two with the DC

haydnwalker 24-06-2012 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by alferret (Post 35445636)
The best Exotic Marigold Hotel 9/10, no sex, violence or swearing, really enjoyable.

Hmmm...no sex, violence or swearing... what else is there in a film ;)

Saaf_laandon_mo 25-06-2012 09:53

NO Place To Die (I think that;s what it's called - on Sky movies about a group of climbers in the scottish higlands that get embroiled in a kidnapping). I thought it was an excellent film. 9 out of 10.

alferret 27-06-2012 11:01

28 Days Later 8/10
28 Weeks Later 6/10

Hopefully Danny Boyle will be making 28 Months Later at some point :sleep:

Peter_ 27-06-2012 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by alferret (Post 35446950)
28 Weeks Later 6/10

Hopefully Danny Boyle will be making 28 Months Later at some point :sleep:

That should firmly be HERE:D

denphone 27-06-2012 15:21

Frankenstein starring Robert De Niro - A excellent version 8/10