Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33702585)

Carth 04-05-2019 13:19

Re: Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

Is it possibly a factor that, in all the years previous to the 1940's, we didn't have the technology available to accurately measure many of the things we now measure, and therefore the earlier results could be comparatively 'low' when judged alongside todays results?

The more advanced we become, the more we see compared to past generations

papa smurf 04-05-2019 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35993563)
Still need to look a bit more long term than this year's sun spots... Global warming might be more severe than we thought if there's temporary cooling due to the Sun, and we're still getting increases.

Can you promise a warm up by tomorrow i'm freezing,it's almost like a normal day in may.

Mr K 04-05-2019 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35993568)
Can you promise a warm up by tomorrow i'm freezing,it's almost like a normal day in may.

Have a jog along the Cleethorpes sea front, and go and have a look at that Greenwich Meridian Line. The excitement/exercise will warm you up ;)

1andrew1 04-05-2019 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35993569)
Have a jog along the Cleethorpes sea front, and go and have a look at that Greenwich Meridian Line. The excitement/exercise will warm you up ;)

The 3% swing from Labour to the Lib Dems in NE Lincolnshire should either warm your heart or make you hot under the collar. :)

papa smurf 04-05-2019 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35993572)
The 3% swing from Labour to the Lib Dems in NE Lincolnshire should either warm your heart or make you hot under the collar. :)

The fact that N.E.Lincs has a conservative council for the first time has raised peoples spirits here in Cleethorpes , but alas the weather is still cold as is the norm for the time of year.

Mr K 04-05-2019 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35993576)
The fact that N.E.Lincs has a conservative council for the first time has raised peoples spirits here in Cleethorpes , but alas the weather is still cold as is the norm for the time of year.

Lets face it, they need cheering up ;)

That tide and flood risk isn't going to get lower and a Conservative council isn't going to change that unfortunately.

Pierre 04-05-2019 19:30

A good article from a good few years ago. It doesn’t make any accusations or assertions either way, just lays out the facts.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...-the-big-deal/

The current increase in temps may, or may not, be down to us. But the earth has seen much higher temps in it history, but , they’re all estimates!!

OLD BOY 04-05-2019 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35993539)
I mean that post kind of sums up why experts tend to be better people to listen too

Lost your sense of humour, Damien? You know that was a joke, right?

papa smurf 05-05-2019 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35993593)
Lets face it, they need cheering up ;)

That tide and flood risk isn't going to get lower and a Conservative council isn't going to change that unfortunately.

Well if that happens i can always glue myself to a train or put my boat in the middle of the high street and throw all my recycling on the road , like the rest of you cabbage noshers did in London.

Hugh 05-05-2019 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35993661)
Well if that happens i can always glue myself to a train or put my boat in the middle of the high street and throw all my recycling on the road , like the rest of you cabbage noshers did in London.

Mr K lives in the North.

papa smurf 05-05-2019 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35993662)
Mr K lives in the North.

as do many of the cabbage noshers that blighted London.

And then there's this

Emma Thompson the first-class hypocrite! Actress is pictured dining on champagne and beef in £18,000 personal booth on carbon-spewing BA plane jetting to New York days after lecturing us all to stop flying

Actress seen in the luxury cabin of a British Airways flight from Heathrow to JFK
Tickets can cost up to £18,000 and create nearly two tons of carbon dioxide
Two weeks ago she joined the Extinction Rebellion protests that shut down swathes of Central London

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-New-York.html

1andrew1 05-05-2019 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35993630)
Lost your sense of humour, Damien? You know that was a joke, right?

That old chestnut :D

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35993661)

I don't think Mr K has advised us if he participated in the protest or if he's an affection for cabbage. ;)

papa smurf 05-05-2019 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35993669)
That old chestnut :D

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

I don't think Mr K has advised us if he participated in the protest or if he's an affection for cabbage. ;)

I'll stop you there;)

Damien 05-05-2019 12:00

I would say London is more of an avocado and sushi place than cabbage.

papa smurf 05-05-2019 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35993693)
I would say London is more of an avocado and sushi place than cabbage.

Won't be any of that on the menu due to global warming,if you don't like cabbage you're in for a rough ride;)