Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688944)

Hugh 08-08-2013 12:36

Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

I was posting in a personal capacity, not as a Mod (otherwise it would have been in bold).

The poster being discussed has not broken any of the CF Site T&Cs - if we banned people for being provocative, silly, or posturing, we would have a few less members....;)

OLD BOY 08-08-2013 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by young_timbo (Post 35607091)
Old Boy, I have made no "mistake" whatsoever son.

I said in my post that I will get BT Sport via Freesat. The kid responded with "you can't get it via freesat, just freesat via sky." as if to tell me that I will not be able to get it. To inform me i'm wrong. But here's the thing, I'm not wrong am i? because i only have freesat via sky. i don't have any other freesat setup.

You have made a mistake because you quoted the wrong service. End of. What you meant and what you said are completely two different things.

By the way, I've cut out all the dross from your post. Nobody wants to read all that again.

passingbat 08-08-2013 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35607337)
I was posting in a personal capacity, not as a Mod (otherwise it would have been in bold).

The poster being discussed has not broken any of the CF Site T&Cs - if we banned people for being provocative, silly, or posturing, we would have a few less members....;)

Why don't people just use the ignore button if his posts upset them so much? And I know his posts turn up if they are quoted, but they are easy to spot, so you just don't read them.

I fail to see why people are getting so upset about him. The attitudes that come over in his posts are so outrageous that the posts become amusing and fun to read. And to be fair, he does seem to know quite a bit about TV sport.

I'd miss his posts if he was banned :)

OLD BOY 08-08-2013 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35607341)
Why don't people just use the ignore button if his posts upset them so much? And I know his posts turn up if they are quoted, but they are easy to spot, so you just don't read them.

I fail to see why people are getting so upset about him. The attitudes that come over in his posts are so outrageous that the posts become amusing and fun to read. And to be fair, he does seem to know quite a bit about TV sport.

Oh God...he's sucking you in...I'm out of here!

passingbat 08-08-2013 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35607342)
he's sucking you in...!

Did you actually read and understand my post?

Mr Pharmacist 08-08-2013 12:54

So is posting stuff like "In normal life I wouldn't bother talking to you, and would just turn my back and walk off even if you were lying on the floor with your arm out saying 'help me, help me please' in a croaky voice" acceptable then?

passingbat 08-08-2013 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist (Post 35607347)
So is posting stuff like "In normal life I wouldn't bother talking to you, and would just turn my back and walk off even if you were lying on the floor with your arm out saying 'help me, help me please' in a croaky voice" acceptable then?

Well, it is so ridiculous and absurd that it becomes funny. Loved the 'croaky voice' bit

OLD BOY 08-08-2013 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35607343)
Did you actually read and understand my post?

Yes I did, and I was with you until you said you'd miss his posts! ;)

passingbat 08-08-2013 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35607352)
Yes I did, and I was with you until you said you'd miss his posts! ;)

Well, there ain't nothing happening on the BT sports and Atlantic front ATM, apart from rumours and more rumours, so it's nice to have a bit of light relief that you can smile at.

Sirius 08-08-2013 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35607341)

I have put the troll on ignore so i tend not to see his bull excreta except when someone quotes it..

howardmicks 08-08-2013 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35607359)
I have put the troll on ignore so i tend not to see his bull excreta except when someone quotes it..

How do u put him of ignore,stopped writing on this thread because he was doing my head in :(

young_timbo 08-08-2013 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by howardmicks (Post 35607401)
How do u put him of ignore,stopped writing on this thread because he was doing my head in :(

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2013/08/16.gif

telegramsam 08-08-2013 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin201002 (Post 35606973)
Have to subscribe through virgin for those "channels".

Ok I stand corrected. It`s been some years since I was with virgin for my tv

DaMac 08-08-2013 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by young_timbo (Post 35607402)

?
I must be missing something.

danielf 08-08-2013 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by howardmicks (Post 35607401)

You need to go into your User CP. Under 'Settings and Options' there's an option to 'Edit Ignore List'. Click this, and fill in the username of the person you want to put on ignore.