Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Virgin : You Robbing Barstewards (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710850)

pip08456 07-03-2022 21:36

Re: You Robbing Barstewards

1 Attachment(s)
I paid £9.00 for my first month with Smarty, free calls, free messaging and 4Gb data. Since then never paid more than £6.00 as unused data is credited and I don't use that much for data.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...4&d=1646688904

punkrock101 02-04-2022 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36115839)
Email today from Tesco

'You may have heard that the big networks are raising their bills. But don’t worry, at Tesco Mobile, we keep your contract price frozen - just like our peas, so you know exactly where you stand.'

Sorted ;)

I don't trust them... they are part owned by Virgin Media o2... so will more than like jack the prices up when they see fit.

daveeb 02-04-2022 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkrock101 (Post 36118001)
I don't trust them... they are part owned by Virgin Media o2... so will more than like jack the prices up when they see fit.

I share your cynicism but I've been with them for around 8 or 9 years and they have never done that yet. In that same time frame VM have probably had about a dozen price rises.

Stuart 03-04-2022 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by raefil (Post 36114222)
I just received this text from Virgin mobile

At a time when people are struggling to heat their homes and some even put food on the table how on earth can this type of corporate theft be allowed to continue?

I am utterly disgusted and I wont be negotiating a price with them I will be leaving. :td:

While I feel your pain about the price rises, but not really theft, corporate or otherwise. As you state, you have the option of leaving. Depending on your needs, you may even have the option of not having a mobile. That is not something you can say about heat or food..

Taf 03-04-2022 10:58

The Tesco freeze is for the period of your contract. When the contract is up, be prepared for a hefty price rise.

Itshim 03-04-2022 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36118022)
The Tesco freeze is for the period of your contract. When the contract is up, be prepared for a hefty price rise.

Just checked for £1 more 30gig instead of10 , :not what I would call hefty :D so that is £10 per month paying £9 . Who know's bank may even has cash back when the time comes !

daveeb 03-04-2022 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36118022)

When my contract is up I either negotiate something better or just leave it as it is, they have never (yet) put the price up on me.

Carth 03-04-2022 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36118028)
When my contract is up I either negotiate something better or just leave it as it is, they have never (yet) put the price up on me.

same, never gone up :Yes:

Itshim 03-04-2022 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36118028)

What you do? Give them a call as contact runs out. Only have had PAYG up to now:confused:

daveeb 03-04-2022 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36118051)
What you do? Give them a call as contact runs out. Only have had PAYG up to now:confused:

Yes when the contract has ended I just ring them (UK call centre which is a bonus) and ask them what they can offer me. Never had any problems getting a better offer. It'll tie you in for another year or 18 months but as long as it's a price you're happy with then not a problem.

Itshim 04-04-2022 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36118059)
Yes when the contract has ended I just ring them (UK call centre which is a bonus) and ask them what they can offer me. Never had any problems getting a better offer. It'll tie you in for another year or 18 months but as long as it's a price you're happy with then not a problem.