Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Solo: A Star Wars Story (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705532)

techguyone 19-01-2018 23:28

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story

I hope its a damned sight better than that shit served up in TLJ, given the whole damned movie was reshot, and has gone through 3? directors, I'm not optimistic.

I for(ce)e [see what I did there ] :D a bout of franchise fatigue ensuing here.

(I cross my fingers and fervently hope it'll be as good as R1 but we'll see)

Paul 20-01-2018 15:31

TBH, I'm not expecting this to be brilliant.

However, I will go and see it - give it the chance to surprise me.

Stephen 20-01-2018 16:03

Well I didn't expect Rougue One to be any good and it turned out fantastic. So we shall have to wait and see.

With the Director changing and so much of the movie getting re shot, I really hope Ron Howard did a good job.

General Maximus 21-01-2018 14:05

yeah, the thing which you have got think about with films like this is what I like to call the "risk factor". We are expecting it to be rubbish and not worth our money and time but knowing that changes have been made and there is a chance it could possibly be good, do you want to take the "risk" of not seeing at the cinema? I would rather pay to go and see it and come out disappointed than not see it at the cinema, watch it on tv afterwards to find out that it is actually half decent and be very annoyed with myself that I didn't see it on the big screen. It will be a missed opportunity and you have got to ask yourself which is the lesser of two evils?

Damien 21-01-2018 14:10

I always tend to like films anyway unless they’re really bad. There are plenty of films I wouldn’t watch again but I rarely think it’s a waste of time and money, something about cinema is enjoyable in itself. So I doubt I’ll be disappointed and my expectations are low anyway. Ron Howard is a good director too.

General Maximus 21-01-2018 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35933316)
Ron Howard is a good director too.

exactly, think about Splash, Cocoon, Willow, Backdraft, Apollo 13, Ransom, The Davinci Code series, A Beautiful Mind and ask yourself if you think Ron Howard will make a bad film.

General Maximus 05-02-2018 11:24

I am optimistic

techguyone 05-02-2018 11:43

Hopefully it'll be as good as Rogue One, if it is, I'm not going to bother watching the mainstream films anymore because theyre so shite.

I am a bit concerned about franchise fatigue though, no studio will self sustain bunging out a film every year or even more frequently.

Stephen 05-02-2018 12:01

The full Teaser will apparently be released today.

I'm still hopeful. Although why on earth does the falcon look so shiny and New?? The corridors in that spot look as white as an apple product!

General Maximus 05-02-2018 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35935605)
The corridors in that spot look as white as an apple product!

Funny you should say that because when i saw it i thought like were on an alliance/diplomatic type ship like Leia was on at the beginning of ep4.

I wondering if out of desparartion they have tried to include as much stuff into the set design as they can to make it look like mainstream Star Wars as much as they can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35935603)
Hopefully it'll be as good as Rogue One

no way. It may be good, and probably better than The Last Jedi (for me), but I don't think anything is going to beat Rogue One.

Hugh 05-02-2018 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35933189)
I hope its a damned sight better than that shit served up in TLJ, given the whole damned movie was reshot, and has gone through 3? directors, I'm not optimistic.

I for(ce)e [see what I did there ] :D a bout of franchise fatigue ensuing here.

(I cross my fingers and fervently hope it'll be as good as R1 but we'll see)

TLJ had only one director, Rian Johnson, and had less re-shoots than Rogue One.

General Maximus 05-02-2018 14:00

He is talking about Solo saying it should be better than TLJ because they have had 3 directors on it and been given a second chance with a reshoot so they havent got an excuse.

Stephen 05-02-2018 14:14

The full Teaser has just dropped

Hugh 05-02-2018 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35935617)
He is talking about Solo saying it should be better than TLJ because they have had 3 directors on it and been given a second chance with a reshoot so they havent got an excuse.

Thanks for the clarification.

Obvs. everyone didn't share his opinion on TLJ, as it made over $1.3 billion worldwide...

denphone 05-02-2018 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35935617)

Well General you are entitled to your opinion but on TLJ but l disagree with you totally on that one..