Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : Season 2023/2024 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712054)

jfman 30-09-2023 18:44

Re: Season 2023/2024

Another VAR success story.

denphone 30-09-2023 19:52

:(:(

TheDaddy 30-09-2023 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36161003)

What is the point of it :mad:

Mr K 30-09-2023 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36161012)
What is the point of it :mad:

In the 'littler' leagues, the refs have to take responsibility for mistakes like the players and managers have to, they're all human and it's part of the game. Usually evens out over a season.

Premiership refs should be paid less if they won't take such responsibility.
E.g. Offside shouldn't be offside unless itss really obvious. All this his nose hair or laces might be offside after consulting an electron microscope and delaying the game for 10 mins is a farce.

TheDaddy 01-10-2023 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36161024)
In the 'littler' leagues, the refs have to take responsibility for mistakes like the players and managers have to, they're all human and it's part of the game. Usually evens out over a season.

Premiership refs should be paid less if they won't take such responsibility.
E.g. Offside shouldn't be offside unless itss really obvious. All this his nose hair or laces might be offside after consulting an electron microscope and delaying the game for 10 mins is a farce.

It's not what offside was invented for either, it's to stop someone having an unfair advantage, not because his foot is in front of someone elses

Paul 01-10-2023 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36161003)

I assume you are being sarcastic, but yes, there are a lot of VAR success stories. ;)

telegramsam 01-10-2023 13:30

Thought both ref and VAR were a disgrace yesterday. None are fit to referee. How can they possibly get it so wrong? Unless...�� is involved!

daveeb 01-10-2023 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 36161090)
Thought both ref and VAR were a disgrace yesterday. None are fit to referee. How can they possibly get it so wrong? Unless...�� is involved!

The ref and VAR officials need an urgent specsavers appointment after that one. Wasn't even that close and obviously onside watching in real time. :mad:

TheDaddy 01-10-2023 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36161094)
The ref and VAR officials need an urgent specsavers appointment after that one. Wasn't even that close and obviously onside watching in real time. :mad:

Another week and another VAR apology, it's okay though, the perpetrators have been given the rest of the weekend off to think about what they've done

telegramsam 01-10-2023 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36161095)
Another week and another VAR apology, it's okay though, the perpetrators have been given the rest of the weekend off to think about what they've done

Yeah,a slap on the wrist and told not to be naughty boys again

Paul 01-10-2023 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 36161090)
Thought both ref and VAR were a disgrace yesterday. None are fit to referee. How can they possibly get it so wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36161094)

Perhaps read up on what happened instead of just mindlessly ranting ...
VAR did not get the offside wrong, they concluded (correctly) that the goal was on side.

The error was about how this was communicated back to the referee.
The VAR officials apparently believed the goal had been given, so they sent a "check completed" message, rather than a "change the decision, its onside" message.

The ref, having got a simple 'complete' message, had no reason to change anything, and thus confirmed the on pitch decision [offside].

Its called "Human Error".
I dont know why some people think VAR is somehow magically exempt from occasional errors.
When humans are involved, human error will always happen.

The point of VAR is it corrects more errors than it makes.

daveeb 03-10-2023 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36161122)
Perhaps read up on what happened instead of just mindlessly ranting ...
VAR did not get the offside wrong, they concluded (correctly) that the goal was on side.

The error was about how this was communicated back to the referee.
The VAR officials apparently believed the goal had been given, so they sent a "check completed" message, rather than a "change the decision, its onside" message.

The ref, having got a simple 'complete' message, had no reason to change anything, and thus confirmed the on pitch decision [offside].

Its called "Human Error".
I dont know why some people think VAR is somehow magically exempt from occasional errors.
When humans are involved, human error will always happen.

The point of VAR is it corrects more errors than it makes.

Not a mindless rant, at the time of TS and myself posting those facts weren't publicised and weren't by any stretch a plausible reason for it happening. For them to have messed it up in the way they did is almost unbelievable, almost like they hadn't had enough sleep or something :rolleyes:

Paul 03-10-2023 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36161184)
at the time of TS and myself posting those facts weren't publicised

They were.

Even better, if VAR did not exist, the goal would still have been disallowed, and people would still be moaning about it (and asking why we dont use VAR ...).

TheDaddy 04-10-2023 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36161184)
Not a mindless rant, at the time of TS and myself posting those facts weren't publicised and weren't by any stretch a plausible reason for it happening. For them to have messed it up in the way they did is almost unbelievable, almost like they hadn't had enough sleep or something :rolleyes:

Let's hope Liverpool don't lose the title by a point again or worse on goal difference, it's gross incompetence and if I did my job that badly I'd be sacked, these bozos are just given time off, paid presumably also

ozsat 04-10-2023 05:32

Let's all remember that without VAR the Liverpool goal was given OFFSIDE.
VAR has made several wrong decisions - including giving Man City an offside goal - just as bad as not giving Liverpool a goal yet Fulham are not still complaining.

It has come out that the VAR two were in Saudi doing VAR on Thursday night and arrived back on Friday after several hours in flight.
I though the whole point of VAR was they could have done the Saudi work from the UK as it is done remotely - and they did not need a jolly holiday at the same time?