Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33670455)

Marcus125 16-02-2011 15:26

Re: TiVo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big-Ted (Post 35175726)
BREAKING NEWS

VM have spent 3.2 million pounds trawling the forums and interweb to find out which subscribers are the biggest trouble makers / complainers.

They have used the same group (Anonymous) who haked Mastercard etc to obtain info that will lead to identifying who we are....:shocked:

The plan is to knobble VOD and BB at awkward times and slow rollout to these "agent provocators" as a form of punishment.....

A VM spokeman when asked if the money could have been better spent on free TiVo's for their best customers replied "Yes I suppose so but this is so much more fun"

Thats it I am now in full Toy / Pram / tossing mode :2up:

I guess that explains why my VOD wasnt working yesterday then??

Actually I'm VM's friend again they have canceled my tv and refunded the £49 I paid to have a 3rd VHD box installed.

Stephen 16-02-2011 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by paultrademark (Post 35175741)
Thanks Stuart, sorry new to this site.. just getting used to it :)

So sounds as if the odds of getting a prize in this raffle are quite slim, anyone want to guess the odds? ;)

Well I assume there are over 700,000 triple XL customers and if there is 1000 boxes being given away..... Then again how many of those customers will be interested in TiVo and actually register their code on the site?

mersey70 16-02-2011 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by trickytree (Post 35175758)
Yes message was downloaded to the box stating service will end June 1st.
Loads of people have contacted Tivo saying please change your mind or tell us how we can receive EPG data some other way etc.

All they have replied with is move to Virgin and you will be happy again. Lots of people not in cabelled areas or not wanting XL TV etc.
They have upset quite a lot of very loyal long standing customers it seems.

There was the option to purchase a lifetime sub for £200 rather than the £10 a month also. I have the lifetime sub but basically in the T&C's it can be ended within 30 days of notice from Tivo.

I've had it for 9 years so had my money's worth but does seem a shame to end their service just because they are now tied in with Virgin.

Does that apply to S1 customers who don't live in a cabled area, or indeed a cabled area that isn't served by VM but someone like say Smallworld or all S1 customers?

Shame if it does apply to all customers but lets face it getting 9 years out of a piece of kit isn't bad going these days but would I be right in assuming the subscriber numbers are pretty low anyway, they only sold around 35,000 S1 didn't they so I wonder how many are still in use anyway.

At least the original customers are being considered years after it was removed from sale.

fixerman 16-02-2011 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35175703)

I love it!!!:p:

At least we all seem to have a good sense of humour.:gpoint:

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by mersey70 (Post 35175783)
Does that apply to S1 customers who don't live in a cabled area, or indeed a cabled area that isn't served by VM but someone like say Smallworld or all S1 customers?

Shame if it does apply to all customers but lets face it getting 9 years out of a piece of kit isn't bad going these days but would I be right in assuming the subscriber numbers are pretty low anyway, they only sold around 35,000 S1 didn't they so I wonder how many are still in use anyway.

At least the original customers are being considered years after it was removed from sale.

I've still got an "Ondigital" box and a "BSB Squarial Satellite Receiver" in the loft. They cost quite a few bob at the time.:dunce: Any offers?:D

Angel67 16-02-2011 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35175715)
That explains the contractual requirement to VM, regarding S1 owners.

I beileve S1 owners have recieved a message from TiVo?

Now this makes sense and is completely understandable why the S1 owners had to be offered the new stb in the first instance, with the end of S1 TiVo drawing near.

mersey70 16-02-2011 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixerman (Post 35175803)
I love it!!!:p:

At least we all seem to have a good sense of humour.:gpoint:

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

I've still got an "Ondigital" box and a "BSB Squarial Satellite Receiver" in the loft. They cost quite a few bob at the time.:dunce: Any offers?:D

Ha ha, believe it or not there is still a house just around the corner from us that still has a BSB dish on their house, not a squarial just one of the tiny little dishes they also used, much smaller than the Sky 'mini' dishes in use today.

Maybe we haven't come on as much as we think!

Andy C 16-02-2011 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35175574)
It was a lot longer than a year ago. That was just the date for the press release.

Hmm, I remember when Nige first came to zap my TVDrive, I said then they should get TiVo to write the code and he laughed... That was about 4-5 years ago. I'm guessing talks weren't in progress that long ago? :)

A.

JayAy 16-02-2011 17:19

Just drove home expecting to find a little lottery envelope from VM waiting on the doormat when I opened the door - what do I find... nothing. It must be "Coming Soon":D

spankysmagicpian 16-02-2011 17:28

Just got home and I got one but why oh why do I have to register AGAIN ?

muppetman11 16-02-2011 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian (Post 35175846)

At least you've got one I'm not holding my breath I probably don't qualify coz I only have XL TV , XL BB , but L Phone LOL :D

BenJSmyth 16-02-2011 17:40

Got the call about half an hour ago! Tivo being installed next Tuesday - 22nd :D

muppetman11 16-02-2011 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenJSmyth (Post 35175852)
Got the call about half an hour ago! Tivo being installed next Tuesday - 22nd :D

Congratulations mate.

mersey70 16-02-2011 17:42

Quote:

Is this just for the freebie? But of course it's useful if people have entered as you must be interested so are valuable for VM to contact later if you haven't beforehand to contact in future if you don't even 'win'.

I know we all know about Tivo but believe it or not Joe Bloggs probably has no idea what on earth Tivo is. Mad to us but probably true, it hasn't been advertised mainstream has it?.

Tivo isn't exactly 'coke' as a brand here is it, I doubt it even is in the US.

Cozzy 16-02-2011 17:54

Quote:

I would imagine like the first tivo lotto that ALL customers will have been included in the draw to receive a raffle ticket and includes those on xl & vip who did not register before and maybe even some on lower tier packages too

not waiting anymore as i wont pay for a box (especially in advance) ... just not had any contact via phone, mail or email here about tivo since i registered in December which is poor IMHO from a communications company

multiskilled 16-02-2011 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35175851)
At least you've got one I'm not holding my breath I probably don't qualify coz I only have XL TV , XL BB , but L Phone LOL :D

As long as you've got xl tv + phone +broadband you should get one. I have xl tv, l phone and m broadband and I received mine today.