Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What have you fixed lately? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33694731)

Mr Angry 20-09-2014 19:26

Re: What have you fixed lately?

A referendum in Scotland.

Hugh 20-09-2014 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Angry (Post 35730454)
A referendum in Scotland.

Miaow! ;)

raging bull 20-09-2014 20:36

Detail sander, model no longer available. - Replacement 60pounds
On/off switch replaced as mechanism faulty @2.00 pounds.

Mr Angry 21-09-2014 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35730458)
Miaow! ;)

;)

richard s 05-10-2014 20:38

7 and half year old Bosch Classixx washing machine.

Replacing the bearings - just purchased a bearing set (2 bearings, 1 O ring, 8 screws) £63.25.

Just spent 5 hours dismantling the fugging thing! probably another 5 hours putting it back together.

Ignitionnet 05-10-2014 20:43

My love handles - now gone :)

Stuart 05-10-2014 22:52

Hopefully my computer, which has been randomly disabling it's graphics card and refusing to start until the 4th or 5th attempt (damned beep codes) . I figured it was either the memory or motherboard, so, I replaced the memory a few months back. Yesterday I went out to buy a new motherboard, started to look around and found that 2nd generation Core i5s are not supported by modern motherboards, so ended up having to buy a 4th generation Core i5 to go with the new motherboard. Then ended up having to back up my stuff, repartition the drive (the new motherboard has a full UEFI firmware, the old one had a BIOS that was supposed to emulate UEFI), then install windows.

Still, the machine does feel faster.

Ravenheart 07-10-2014 08:40

My tumble drier. It wasn't heating up, had a similar problem a few years ago. and was told it was thermostat. saw a video on the espares page on how to do it for my model, ordered the parts at 9.99 now working a treat and saving me at least £30 on getting someone in to do it :)

Osem 07-10-2014 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenheart (Post 35733434)
My tumble drier. It wasn't heating up, had a similar problem a few years ago. and was told it was thermostat. saw a video on the espares page on how to do it for my model, ordered the parts at 9.99 now working a treat and saving me at least £30 on getting someone in to do it :)

Good fix. The internet's great for stuff like that - so many fixes are simple once you know what you're looking for. I manage to fix our washing machine after finding a video online which was a great help.

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

I just fixed the wife's favourite headphones, one earpiece of which had been trodden on and come apart. A little reconstruction with my old mate superglue and the job was done.

Ravenheart 08-10-2014 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35733435)
Good fix. The internet's great for stuff like that - so many fixes are simple once you know what you're looking for. I manage to fix our washing machine after finding a video online which was a great help.[COLOR="Silver"]

I was amazed how easy it was, I was feeling quite chuffed with myself that afternoon :)

richard s 10-10-2014 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35733435)
Good fix. The internet's great for stuff like that - so many fixes are simple once you know what you're looking for. I manage to fix our washing machine after finding a video online which was a great help. ---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ---------- I just fixed the wife's favourite headphones, one earpiece of which had been trodden on and come apart. A little reconstruction with my old mate superglue and the job was done.

I hope the glue dried before she put the head phones on, otherwise you would have come unstuck!

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenheart (Post 35733651)
I was amazed how easy it was, I was feeling quite chuffed with myself that afternoon :)

Well done Ravenheart, any good at washing machines!

richard s 12-10-2014 20:33

Washing machine all fixed and running like new, anybody want advice I will only be to pleased to help.

The missus is sooo pleased.

Osem 12-10-2014 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenheart (Post 35733651)

That's why we just love fixing stuff! :)

Not to mention the brownie points from the uvva arf... :D

Jimmy-J 12-10-2014 23:03

Fixed one of the panels in the garden fence, with the help of my 2 beautiful grand kids.

GrimUpNorth 13-10-2014 07:54

New felt on the shed roof yesterday.

Cheers

Grim