Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688944)

telegramsam 29-06-2013 19:57

Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameseh (Post 35590226)
Virgin & SM only operate where the other doesn't so it can't be that.

Ok didn't know that

andy_m 29-06-2013 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameseh (Post 35590226)
Virgin & SM only operate where the other doesn't so it can't be that.

No but it is a way of making customers think that Virgin is a rip off because other cable companies are able to undercut them.

Jameseh 29-06-2013 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35590229)
No but it is a way of making customers think that Virgin is a rip off because other cable companies are able to undercut them.

I couldn't imagine anyone outside of the borders, scotland or tv provider forums even have a clue who Smallworld is.

andy_m 29-06-2013 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameseh (Post 35590233)
I couldn't imagine anyone outside of the borders, scotland or tv provider forums even have a clue who Smallworld is.

Yep, fair point.

muppetman11 29-06-2013 20:22

The wholesale costs for Sky Sports 1 , Sky Sports 2 or Sky Sports 1&2 are set by OFCOM I believe , bear in mind these only include SD so all other channels are extra I'd imagine , the link below shows the wholesale cost from Sept 13.

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/analysts/regulated-prices/

Arthurgray50@blu 29-06-2013 20:52

IF, VM is a much larger company than Smallworld Cable, then why can't VM charge the same as Smallworld, who to me is such a smaller cable company.

If this is the case then VM are ripping us customers off big time, I am a big footie fan and IF,IF VM doesn't have BT Sports by the Friday of the new football season then will take my business to Sky.

At least there prices rise by just £1.00 OR £2.00 per year, not like VM who have increased there price THREE times in the past 16 months.

harry_hitch 29-06-2013 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35590239)
The wholesale costs for Sky Sports 1 , Sky Sports 2 or Sky Sports 1&2 are set by OFCOM I believe , bear in mind these only include SD so all other channels are extra I'd imagine , the link below shows the wholesale cost from Sept 13.

So am I to take from that smallworld take quite a big hit on their prices and VM are reasonably fair?

Jameseh 29-06-2013 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35590246)
IF, VM is a much larger company than Smallworld Cable, then why can't VM charge the same as Smallworld, who to me is such a smaller cable company.

Because if Virgin lost £5 for every Sky Sports Collection customer they'd be haemorrhaging money, Smallworld can because they don't have enough customers for the loss to massively affect their revenue.

harry_hitch 29-06-2013 21:03

Quote:

If this is the case then VM are ripping us customers off big time, I am a big footie fan and IF,IF VM doesn't have BT Sports by the Friday of the new football season then will take my business to Sky.

At least there prices rise by just £1.00 OR £2.00 per year, not like VM who have increased there price THREE times in the past 16 months.

Why don't Sky offer it at £16 Arthur? Are they gonna rip you off for charging more than Smallworld when/if you join them?

ncfc1902 29-06-2013 22:25

Quote:

Again :D

alwaysabear 30-06-2013 01:39

I see that the England u20s were dumped out of the World cup losing to Egypt 2-0. This is yet another example that despite all the money going into the EPL via tv money that our game is being destroyed .

Chad 30-06-2013 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35590316)
I see that the England u20s were dumped out of the World cup losing to Egypt 2-0. This is yet another example that despite all the money going into the EPL via tv money that our game is being destroyed.

I was listening to the radio earlier today and heard an interesting story. Former Scotland manager Craig Brown was interviewed a couple of weeks ago and was taking about money in the English Premiership. Craig Brown stated that every senior player at every team in Englands top 20 is a millionaire. Even some of the youth players at the bigger clubs have already earned a million, or are just about too :shocked:

---------- Post added at 02:03 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

Talk Talk have published the below comparison table on their website. I think the fact they are openly showing they don't carry BT Sports and ESPN suggests they know they definitely won't be getting the channels.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1263/9qf8.jpg

Dave42 30-06-2013 03:15

we should find out in july if VM getting it

denphone 30-06-2013 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35590320)
we should find out in july if VM getting it

And l for one believe we will get it.

andy_m 30-06-2013 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35590239)

That is actually what Virgin charge for the individual channels, I believe. It's when it comes to pricing of the whole suite that things get a bit murky, but your link suggests there is no regulated price for that?