Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The energy crisis (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710394)

mrmistoffelees 14-10-2021 11:51

Re: Energy companies collapse

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36097371)
Didn't Edwina Currie say that, perhaps the elderly could wear wooly hats if they're cold. Actually when I think about some of the things she said, like good Christian's don't get aids, you only get cervical cancer if you screw around, she really was the Pritti Patel of her day

Does that mean, <gulp> Pritti's doinking Boris ?

TheDaddy 14-10-2021 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36097372)

Quite probably, he's not fussy

Carth 14-10-2021 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36097373)
Quite probably, he's not fussy

He doesn't have to be fussy when they're queuing up for him.

'sigh' I remember those days :D

Maggy 14-10-2021 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36097371)
Didn't Edwina Currie say that, perhaps the elderly could wear wooly hats if they're cold. Actually when I think about some of the things she said, like good Christian's don't get aids, you only get cervical cancer if you screw around, she really was the Pritti Patel of her day

Topic!

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36097372)

Topic!

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36097374)
He doesn't have to be fussy when they're queuing up for him.

'sigh' I remember those days :D

Topic!

Please stop trying to score points

heero_yuy 29-10-2021 14:06

Quote:

Quote from The Sun Money: CUSTOMERS are being warned that Bulb could be the next energy supplier to go bust.

The UK's seventh largest energy firm is reported near collapse, risking leaving 1.7 million customers in the dark.

Sky News reports that officials and regulators are on standby for Bulb to announce it will cease trading as early as next week.

It would be the latest in a string of providers to collapse.

There were reports that Bulb was near to collapse last month as it emerged the firm was seeking funding.

But The Sun now understands hopes of a rescue deal could be fading.

One company which was considering a takeover of Bulb has reportedly says the firm has liabilities of around £1bn, which made a "solvent takeover of the company hard to envisage".
Not quite in the dark as the lecky will still be there.

Paul 29-10-2021 15:04

Looks like being an interesting winter. :erm:

1andrew1 29-10-2021 15:05

I imagine a hefty subsidy will be needed for an energy supplier to take on Bulb's customers as the difference between the capped prices and the prices the new company would have to pay in the market for energy for a large number of customers would be loss-making otherwise.

Jaymoss 29-10-2021 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36099223)
Looks like being an interesting winter. :erm:

as someone on a low fixed income the next year is causing me great anxiety tbh. I am already actively avoiding using the heating in favour of blankets but at some point I will need it to stop pipes freezing and damn and then next year when it all goes up again is quite scary

SnoopZ 29-10-2021 20:04

Not good i'm with them, what happens when it goes bust, the lights don't suddenly switch off and how do we reclaim the balanced owed?

Taf 29-10-2021 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36099279)
Not good i'm with them, what happens when it goes bust, the lights don't suddenly switch off and how do we reclaim the balanced owed?

"Martin Lewis

Pls share.

Sky reports energy firm Bulb UK may go under imminently. Many consumers panic asking me "should I switch now?" My answer is no.
- You're on a price capped tariff. Nowt cheaper is available.
- If any firm goes bust you'll be auto-moved to a price capped tariff.
- Your credit is protected by Ofgem.
- Switch now & if it does go under you may be caught in middle.
DO NOTHING!

PS business energy tariffs are a different matter and not my expertise, so this doesn't apply to them."

Jaymoss 29-10-2021 20:35

Bulb going under will be a nightmare for so many. They have given away millions gaining their customer base with their £50 each referrals, I can see how they are in the crap now

Julian 29-10-2021 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36099288)
Bulb going under will be a nightmare for so many. They have given away millions gaining their customer base with their £50 each referrals, I can see how they are in the crap now

Octopus are still offering sign up bonuses also…..

Jaymoss 29-10-2021 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 36099298)
Octopus are still offering sign up bonuses also…..

They are who I am with now since Avro collapsed but missed out on getting on as it was the receiver who switched me hahaha will see if I can get a couple to sign up before Octopus collapses too

joglynne 30-10-2021 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36099299)
They are who I am with now since Avro collapsed but missed out on getting on as it was the receiver who switched me hahaha will see if I can get a couple to sign up before Octopus collapses too

Wash your mouth out!!!! Don't you dare temp fate Mr Moss. Octopus is NOT going to crash out. Consider yourself as having been slapped with a wet kipper. :D

Jaymoss 30-10-2021 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36099304)
Wash your mouth out!!!! Don't you dare temp fate Mr Moss. Octopus is NOT going to crash out. Consider yourself as having been slapped with a wet kipper. :D

they have said they have backers that are in it for the long haul but we will see :)