Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Microsoft Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Xbox One Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33693514)

Kabaal 07-06-2013 22:58

re: The Xbox One Thread

Hmm, and yet this specifically words it as family members

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

Quote:

One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

Jameseh 07-06-2013 23:35

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/7/4406...t-trade-policy

colin25 08-06-2013 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameseh (Post 35581194)

Good article. Raises valid points

I need to wait and see, I want more info about this xbox before I commit

adzii_nufc 08-06-2013 09:37

Quote:

ping Microsoft every 24 hours, alerting the mother brain as to whether or not the child's been caught stealing from the cookie jar. If a relationship is built on trust, then Microsoft sucks at relationships.
This is because of the installing to HDD feature without the need of inserting a disc. I don't see what the fuss is and what this guy is even talking about 'Relationship'... Did anyone think any different with the mass amount of account theft and the amount of Microsoft points stolen on the Xbox 360, flashed consoles and JTAG'd devices? This so called relationship was ended when the users started taking Microsoft for a ride, we're not all thieves and cheaters granted but when you've been on live since the original Xbox you'll understand what I'm talking about. If people could get away with selling games but actually keeping them on the HDD then they would.

As for this Kinect thing, I guarantee Facebook knows a lot more about you than Kinect ever will but I don't see an uproar.

I think Cimt and Matt said above that Sony will likely implement the same features the Xbox have or face losing the backing of publishers, I think they're spot on.

colin25 08-06-2013 09:40

If you base your policy on everyone being a thief..you take the risk of annoying the good customers

Do you get stripped searched when leaving a store? No, because though it would be best way to stop shoplifters, it would just annoy customers

I am not saying I won't get xbox..but I'm considering whether I want this level of distrust to good customers

adzii_nufc 08-06-2013 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin25 (Post 35581250)
If you base your policy on everyone being a thief..you take the risk of annoying the good customers

Do you get stripped searched when leaving a store? No, because though it would be best way to stop shoplifters, it would just annoy customers

I am not saying I won't get xbox..but I'm considering whether I want this level of distrust to good customers

There's more thieves than good customers though I'm afraid and you have to go with the majority. Signing in once every 24 hours to verify is hardly a massive problem to me as I'm always online anyway, and whilst it will annoy people I can fully understand why they've taken this direction after all the problems concerning the Xbox 360. I'll be honest, there's other ways to stop this but in general 1) Microsoft just can't be bothered to work on heavy security and 2) people will always get around it (even so with the new system just in fewer numbers)

Don't get me wrong this is just for the disc checking, there's likely going to be just as many cheaters and thieves on the new console.

So in general indeed it's a pain for others unless you're like me and signed in constantly anyway. I'd rather it not ship with Kinect though, something I've never used. I don't agree on the whole bring people together via gaming and communication. I simply don't use any of the Xbox 360's communication features and just play with my mates whilst in a call on skype.

What's worse is most of the time it's the game being targeted and not Microsoft. I.e A user steals another user's Xbox Live account to purchase MS points to then use on FIFA. (See FIFA 12/13 Xbox live account thefts) nothing to do with the new disc checking system in general but these type of people will take free stuff if they can. A store and online store are two different things, You can't search everyone in a store because it just takes too long and there'd be an uproar getting felt up everytime you wanted to purchase something, this system is online, no one is being searched in a physical way and there's no long queue backed up to the door to get out.

Now let's be real and sensible here, aimed at the guy in the article talking about trust and relationships. He really expected to be able to do whatever he wishes without it being verified in any way? Take a look at Piracy online, how many would actually be honest about it, what this guy is saying is incredibly stupid.

colin25 08-06-2013 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35581256)
There's more thieves than good customers though I'm afraid and you have to go with the majority. .

Strong statement. A depressing if true :(

adzii_nufc 08-06-2013 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin25 (Post 35581264)
Strong statement. A depressing if true :(

In fairness it's due to the punishment or lack of. It's usually a simple console ban or in many cases absolutely nothing if someone steals an account or MS points. So in cases they steal someone's credit card (Can't see the actual card details but can still make purchases associated with Microsoft) and buy whatever they please. Credit card theft that goes unpunished really.

There's also exploits to get Xbox Live completely free due to a flaw, naturally I'm not going to be linking anything in this thread because it's theft of services and illegal. Microsoft simply console ban these people rather than chasing them with the court's so it's easy to see why people still do it -_-

An example of the FIFA issues.

Quote:

A string of hacked Xbox 360 accounts over the last several months has raised questions about Xbox Live security. What is happening is that hackers are getting login information from somewhere, logging into other people's Xbox Live accounts, and using the stolen account to buy Microsoft Points and then buy items (usually FIFA 12 Ultimate Team card packs).. Then they can log out of the stolen account, sign into their own account, and that content they bought with the stolen account will be available for their own account.

This works because of Microsoft's form of DRM (Digital Rights Management). Xbox Live downloads are tied to the account (Gamertag) that downloaded them, but also the system they are first downloaded on. Any account can use content tied to that system. If the system breaks, however, only the account that downloaded it originally will be able to use it later, so it is a bit of a risk. Not as much of a risk as it used to be, since new Xbox 360 systems are much more reliable than older models, but still a risk. Of course, hackers likely don't care if the stuff they stole and got for free stops working if their system breaks.
That's how pants the current DRM system is.

v0id 08-06-2013 21:20

Reading between the lines of Microsofts latest statement on its new DRM policy
"Hey, buy the Xbox One, a console where you can rent games for £89.99!!"
(Yeah, that price is just a placeholder on Amazon UK, but why would Amazon choose a figure almost double the price of 360 games?)

SnoopZ 08-06-2013 21:42

Lots of questions, and i don't think we will find out all the facts until it is released. I am seriously considering the PS4 again as the Xbox feels like big brother from everything i read, hopefully we will know more on Monday when E3 arrives.

rogerdraig 08-06-2013 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0id (Post 35581589)
(Yeah, that price is just a placeholder on Amazon UK, but why would Amazon choose a figure almost double the price of 360 games?)

yet another nail in its coffin i think lol

cimt 09-06-2013 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0id (Post 35581589)

Because it means that if they put a cheap placeholder price that ends up being less than the actual price then it means they have to abide by it. If they put it so expensive then they can just lower it to the correct price.

colin25 09-06-2013 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 35581639)
Because it means that if they put a cheap placeholder price that ends up being less than the actual price then it means they have to abide by it. If they put it so expensive then they can just lower it to the correct price.

Seems sensible

SnoopZ 09-06-2013 10:07

Microsofts E3 event starts at 17:30 BST on Monday 10th June, shame i will be at work until 22:30!

nstokes 09-06-2013 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35581702)
Microsofts E3 event starts at 17:30 BST on Monday 10th June, shame i will be at work until 22:30!

Ill be home as finish at 4pm :D