Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Snippets & General Information (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=13018)

pip08456 28-08-2017 19:12

Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35914310)

And that has everything to do with Sky Atlantic because?????

General Maximus 28-08-2017 19:39

in a couple of years maybe they will finally catch on and make all series available on tv at the same time globally. They did it with cinema releases and especially dvd releases where there was anything up to 6-9 months between US and UK releases and now they need to do it with tv series. There is an obvious reason why people are downloading them (they want to watch it NOW) so if the networks are worried about losing money then they need to make the shows available to their global fan base at the same time.

pip08456 28-08-2017 19:47

I'm still wondering why Sky Atlantic is to blame. I watched it on an HBO live stream as I have access. I could've recorded that and upped it as a torrent had I wished to.

Paul 29-08-2017 13:36

Good grief, where did anyone say Sky Atlantic is to blame, give it a rest and get back to the topic.

General Maximus 29-08-2017 18:30

I don't see why, Sky took the lead years ago and said stuff like Lost and 24 were going to be on the day after the US (instead of a week after) and as we all know it has got to the point with GoT where they show it in real time. It would be nice if they made all prime time series (Walking Dead, Big Bang, Greys Anatomy etc etc) available in real time during the night on Sky One, Sky Two or Sky Atlantic. I haven't had a look but there can't be anything else much better on other than repeats? You have only got to have a look at my tv schedule thread to see how many superb series are out there atm.

pip08456 29-08-2017 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35914455)
I don't see why, Sky took the lead years ago and said stuff like Lost and 24 were going to be on the day after the US (instead of a week after) and as we all know it has got to the point with GoT where they show it in real time. It would be nice if they made all prime time series (Walking Dead, Big Bang, Greys Anatomy etc etc) available in real time during the night on Sky One, Sky Two or Sky Atlantic. I haven't had a look but there can't be anything else much better on other than repeats? You have only got to have a look at my tv schedule thread to see how many superb series are out there atm.

100% correct General

Paul 07-09-2017 01:17

Netflix;

The Punisher
finished filming earlier in the year and is set for release later in 2017.

Lost in Space
has also finished filming and is set for release in May 2018. In a Dr Who / Battlestar type twist, Dr Smith is a female in this remake.

Paul 03-10-2017 14:05

HBO has ordered a pilot for a Watchmen series.

Media Res and Bron Studios have picked up the rights to Scanners, looking to make a TV series.

This years DC Crossover will begin during the November 27th Supergirl episode and continue later that night with Arrow.
Quote:

With all of the heroes in town to celebrate Barry and Iris’ wedding, villains from Earth-X crash the festivities with a deadly agenda.
It will contine (and finish) on November 28th, with The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow.

denphone 03-10-2017 20:07

Hopefully the pilot for Watchman will be pretty good.

General Maximus 14-10-2017 08:32

Roswell is coming back:

Quote:

Roswell fans are in luck. Deadline reports The CW is developing a reboot of the cancelled WB/UPN TV show.
The original sci-fi series followed a group of teenagers living in the alien hotspot of Roswell, New Mexico. The cast included Shiri Appleby, Katherine Heigl, Jason Behr, Brendan Fehr, and Emilie de Ravin. The show ran for only three seasons before ending in 2002.
Now, The CW is developing a Roswell reboot from The Originals writer Carina Adly MacKenzie. The re-imagined series will follow “the daughter of undocumented immigrants [who] discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: He’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life.”
Amblin Television, Bender Brown Prods, and Warner Bros. TV are producing the project.

bubblegun 14-10-2017 09:43

It's being reported online that the never happening The Walking Dead/Fear The Walking Dead crossover episode is happening soon.

Since they are shown at opposite times of year it would seem unlikely to be in consecutive weeks or episodes.

Shark jumping time soon for either/both series?

General Maximus 14-10-2017 11:13

it is next year

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...4#post35920129

Paul 14-10-2017 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35920128)
Roswell is coming back:

I hope its not as dull as the original. :erm:

denphone 04-11-2017 05:29

Amazon and Warner Bros in talks for new ‘Lord of the Rings’ adaptation,

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2017...gs-adaptation/

Interesting..

General Maximus 04-11-2017 09:43

yeah. The good news is that Amazon are involved and because they are keen to increase their share/participation in the tv/streaming market they'll make sure it is done properly. If they play their cards right this can worth an absolute fortune to them.

denphone 04-11-2017 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35923193)
yeah. The good news is that Amazon are involved and because they are keen to increase their share/participation in the tv/streaming market they'll make sure it is done properly. If they play their cards right this can worth an absolute fortune to them.

When money is involved whether its LOTR , Star Trek or Star Wars nothing is ever over.

General Maximus 04-11-2017 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35923202)
When money is involved whether its LOTR , Star Trek or Star Wars nothing is ever over.

when I watch something as epic as LOTR I always wish they would do a tv series to expand on the universe. I can remember saying the same thing to my friends when we went to see the first X-men film at the cinema back in 2000. "It is great seeing the main guys and heroes but how cool would it be if they made a series where you can see just normal people developing their powers and what they get up to in every day life?" and after all these years we have got it in Agents of Shield and The Gifted.
Warner Bros will only be concerned about budgets and ratings but Amazon will ensure a very high production quality. If MTV can do it with the Shannara Chronicles I can only imagine what Amazon can achieve. Seeing places like Rivendell again is going to be breath taking.

Paul 04-11-2017 21:09

CBS are apparently looking at reviving The Twilight Zone for their new All Access streaming service.

General Maximus 13-11-2017 19:04

LOTR has officially got the go ahead with a multi-season commitment. Apparently Amazon paid $250 million to the Tolkien estate for the rights. WTF do they with all that money?

pip08456 13-11-2017 19:18

It will have to be multi series to give Amazon a chance of getting the £250 million back and their production costs.

denphone 13-11-2017 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35924876)
LOTR has officially got the go ahead with a multi-season commitment. Apparently Amazon paid $250 million to the Tolkien estate for the rights. WTF do they with all that money?

Lets hope it lives up to the quality of the films because if it does then l for one cannot wait to watch it.

General Maximus 13-11-2017 19:41

Yup, and they don't have to worry about it being cancelled because it is their series so if they were clever they would sit down and map out 5-7 seasons to give it some structure. This has got the potential to be epic.

dilli-theclaw 13-11-2017 19:49

I’m almost excited about this.

General Maximus 13-11-2017 20:46

Yeah, the annoying thing now (like with bsg) is that we have got to wait for them to make it.

Paul 13-11-2017 20:57

I'll give it a go when its on, but tbh, the films didnt do much for me, Ive never even bothered to watch the last two.

General Maximus 13-11-2017 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35924901)
Ive never even bothered to watch the last two.

Are you talking about LOTR or the stupid Hobbit films?

Paul 13-11-2017 23:17

I was talking about the LOTR films, but the same actually applies to the Hobbit films, I watched the first, not the others.

denphone 14-11-2017 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35924895)
Yeah, the annoying thing now (like with bsg) is that we have got to wait for them to make it.

Quote:

The new series will take place in the world of Middle-earth but will explore storylines that took place before the events of Tolkien’s first Lord of the Rings novel, The Fellowship of the Ring. The deal also includes possible spinoffs from the first series.
http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/1...rings-tv-show/

denphone 14-11-2017 15:44

Content’s of Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ series not so mysterious after all..

Quote:

To save you from running to your copy of the books, here is a brief summary of the material that is legally available for production:

Stuart 16-11-2017 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35924876)

I'd say live a very nice life..

Actually, I don't blame the family. If someone is willing to pay that, why not? It's not as if they are hurting anyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35924883)
It will have to be multi series to give Amazon a chance of getting the £250 million back and their production costs.

Probably, but how much has Game Of Thrones made?

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35924884)
Lets hope it lives up to the quality of the films because if it does then l for one cannot wait to watch it.

I hope it lives up to the Lord of The Rings films. I fell asleep during the first Hobbit film, so never bothered with the others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35924887)
Yup, and they don't have to worry about it being cancelled because it is their series so if they were clever they would sit down and map out 5-7 seasons to give it some structure. This has got the potential to be epic.

Again, as long the story is up to the standard of the Lord of the Rings films. I don't think The Hobbit was, but in fairness it was originally a children's book.

Paul 17-11-2017 13:41

According to the Hollywood Reporter, its running for five seasons ;

Quote:

Amazon’s megadeal for The Lord of the Rings is believed to be for five seasons — plus a potential spinoff
Quote:

Once production budgets, casting, writers, producers and visual effects are factored in, the total for the Rings series — which will be set in Middle-earth and explore storylines preceding The Fellowship of the Ring — could hit $1 billion.

General Maximus 17-11-2017 14:03

I can believe it is going to cost $1 billion but they know they are going to get their money back. I am not a businessy/marketing minded person and I always wondered how they get their money from stuff like this and now I know. I watched Kids React to Cars 3 on youtube a few days ago (I love the React channel) and one of the interesting bits of trivia they gave you is that so far Disney have got $1 billion in ticket sales from the first two films (so they have easily got their money back) buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...........$20 billion from merchdise. It is ridiculous.

It is going to be worth Amazon ploughing a stupid amount of money into the series because when they start releasing the companion books/encyclopaedias and whatever else they'll be raking it in. They can also make them Amazon online exclusives as well. As an example, a few years ago I bought this for my mum and she absolutely loved it. It is a huge GoT bible, fantastic glossy thick paper, going through all the characters, the Houses and the key locations in the series (Winterfell, Kings Landing the Wall etc) with gorgeous full page scenic photos. It was well worth every penny.

denphone 17-11-2017 14:11

Five seasons.:shocked:

General Maximus 17-11-2017 22:12

That is great though because stuff like this is all about the characters and the story and writers need to have the peace of mind that they have got the time to do it all properly and explore everything they want to. I can't want to see more of Rivendell. We might get to see more of the mines of Moria as well because they looked quite grandiose and spectacular in FOTR.

denphone 18-11-2017 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35925419)
That is great though because stuff like this is all about the characters and the story and writers need to have the peace of mind that they have got the time to do it all properly and explore everything they want to. I can't want to see more of Rivendell. We might get to see more of the mines of Moria as well because they looked quite grandiose and spectacular in FOTR.

As a big LOTR and Star Wars fan l am very excited but l just hope it is done properly and without any lessening of the quality one has come to expect.

denphone 25-11-2017 07:28

Amazon Middle-earth series to shoot in 2019, air in 2020.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2017...9-air-in-2020/

General Maximus 28-11-2017 18:44

New Dark Crystal tv series coming on Netflix. I loved the film when I was younger so this is going to be amazing:

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/d...-filming-week/

Hugh 29-11-2017 15:07

Avengers 4:Infinity War trailer is out.

Looks very good.

Paul 29-11-2017 19:08

Yes, roll on May 2018. :)

General Maximus 29-11-2017 19:28

27th April

Paul 29-11-2017 23:14

Well it states May 2018 at the end of the trailer.

General Maximus 30-11-2017 08:07

arse, I am going to have keep an eye on that because I have already booked two days off work for the triple bill and midnight premiere.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154756/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Paul 30-11-2017 13:49

I think you will be fine, a little bit of research shows its coming to the UK before the US.

Quote:

Infinity War is set for release on April 27, 2018 in the UK and May 4, 2018 in the USA.

denphone 01-12-2017 12:39

AMC and BT confirm Robert Kirkman’s Secret History of Comics UK airdate.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/amc-and-bt-c...cs-uk-airdate/

Paul 02-12-2017 15:45

Netflix has ordered two seasons of a new drama based on Sabrina Spellman (aka the Teenage Witch).

However, this will apparently be nothing like the 1990's comedy.

Quote:

Sabrina reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age tale that traffics in horror, the occult and witchcraft.

General Maximus 02-12-2017 16:42

cool, it will be nice to see something like this done properly with a more serious tone to the story and real magic (i.e. decent effects)

Paul 10-12-2017 02:21

CBS has now officially ordered a full reboot of The Twilight Zone for their All Access service.

Quote:

Dec. 6, 2017 – CBS All Access, the CBS Television Network’s digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, today announced the latest addition to its original programming slate, THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

General Maximus 19-12-2017 18:54

I think this has the potential to be very very good

Paul 04-01-2018 20:06

Gillian Anderson has confirmed that The X-Files Season 11 will be the final series she takes part in.

While FOX has not officially announced Season 11 as the last in the series, insiders believe it will be cancelled [again] meaning no Season 12.

Paul 19-01-2018 20:55

Disney XD have updated the release of the final 7 episodes of Star Wars Rebels.

These will now be shown on 3 Mondays (2 episodes on Feb 19th & 26th, then 3 episodes on Mar 5th).

Ian McDiarmid will reprises his role as Emperor Palpatine in these final episodes.

General Maximus 25-01-2018 10:08

I have posted the info in the Disney/Fox thread in the Film section of the forum but the long and short of it is that the Marvel series currently on Netflix (Jessica Jones etc) are staying on Netflix and will not be moving over to Disney's streaming service as part of the 20th Century Fox takeover.

Paul 26-01-2018 16:00

The CW has ordered a pilot for the Charmed reboot.

When The CW first announced the Charmed reboot last year the plan was to make it a prequel series to The WB original and set in the 1970s.

That plan has now been scrapped, the reboot will be set in the present day.
Quote:

This fierce, funny, feminist reboot of the original series centers on three sisters in a college town who discover they are witches. Between vanquishing supernatural demons, tearing down the patriarchy, and maintaining familial bonds, a witch’s work is never done.

pip08456 26-01-2018 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35934144)
The CW has ordered a pilot for the Charmed reboot.

When The CW first announced the Charmed reboot last year the plan was to make it a prequel series to The WB original and set in the 1970s.

That plan has now been scrapped, the reboot will be set in the present day.

There's at least one of the original cast who is unimpressed.

Link

Paul 26-01-2018 20:14

Nothing like a good dose of sour grapes. :td:

Paul 27-01-2018 02:14

CBS has ordered pilots of reboots of two 1980s classics.

Cagney & Lacey

Quote:

Cagney and Lacey is being written by Carpenter and described as a reboot of the iconic series about two female police detectives and friends who keep the streets of L.A. safe. The reboot is a co-production with CBS Television Studios and MGM Television. Cagney and Lacey continues CBS’ big push for female characters and writers this season under new network leaders Kelly Kahl and Thom Sherman.

Magnum P.I.

Quote:

Co-written by Lenkov and fellow Hawaii Five-0 executive producer/co-showrunner Eric Guggenheim, Magnum P.I. will feature the same central quartet of characters as the original but, instead of four guys, it will consist of three men and a woman, with Higgins (played by John Hillerman) reconceived as Juliet Higgins.
Quote:

The new Magnum P.I. follows Thomas Magnum, a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. With help from fellow vets Theodore “TC” Calvin and Orville “Rick” Wright, as well as that of disavowed former MI:6 agent Juliet Higgins, Magnum takes on the cases no one else will, helping those who have no one else to turn to.

denphone 27-01-2018 05:21

Well lets see who is casted as if they get it right they both could be pretty good because they have a lot to live up to given how good the originals were..

Hugh 27-01-2018 15:05

I think we often remember old tv series and film through the filter of nostalgia (who we were, where we were, and what we were doing at the time), and if we re-visit some of these, I often find the Suck Fairy has sprinkled her not so magic dust on them - they are of their time and place, and we are no longer in that time or place.

For instance, if you watch whole episodes of Monty Python re-runs on Cable, I found that it was 80% dross/v. unfunny. We only remember the highlights...

Paul 27-01-2018 15:15

I didnt watch either of these originally, so if they do get picked up, and I decide to try them, I wont be comparing them with anything.

Paul 01-02-2018 01:27

The CW is looking rebooting the cancelled sci-fi series Roswell, for 2018-19.

The network has ordered a pilot for the planned series ;

Quote:

After reluctantly returning to her tourist-trap hometown of Roswell, New Mexico, the daughter of undocumented immigrants discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: he’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life. She protects his secret as the two reconnect and begin to investigate his origins, but when a violent attack and long-standing government cover-up point to a greater alien presence on Earth, the politics of fear and hatred threaten to expose him and destroy their deepening romance.

General Maximus 01-02-2018 09:07

excellent, I read about this a few months ago but they weren't sure it was going to go ahead. I think the boy alien dude was up for it (blondey) but Max and Shirri Appleby weren't.

Lost in Space is coming out later this year on Netflix so it should be good. We went through a phase after BSG where we were starved of good scifi for years but it seems it is all coming back now which is good. It will be great to have Star Trek and Lost in Space at the same time plus whatever else is coming out in September.

denphone 06-02-2018 12:23

Conan the Barbarian TV reboot.

Quote:

As reported by Deadline, Amazon has signed up Thrones director Miguel Sapochnik, who helmed 'The Gift', 'Hardhome', 'Battle of the *******s' and 'The Winds of the Winter', which are some of the biggest episodes of the entire show.
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/ne...aintwitterpost

Interesting but will it be any good..

Paul 10-02-2018 05:23

Netflix have revealed that Stranger Things season 3 will once again be 8 episodes.

This is the same as Season 1, but one less than Season 2, which had nine episodes.

Its due for release in early 2019.

Its currently still unknown how many episodes Season 4 will have, or its release date (but likely to be mid 2020)

General Maximus 11-02-2018 11:50

I am glad to see that there is so much good scifi in the pipeline:

Quote:

V is coming to the big screen. Syfy reports Desilu Studios is developing a film version of the NBC/ABC TV series.
From Kenneth Johnson, the sci-fi drama first premiered in 1983 and “chronicled an invasion of Earth by vicious reptilian aliens who disguised themselves as friendly humanoids, triggering a human resistance movement.” The miniseries spawned a sequel, V: The Final Battle, and a weekly TV show, V: The Series, which ran from 1984 to 1985. A reboot of the series aired on ABC from 2009 to 2011.
The film version of V will be written and directed by the series’ original creator, Kenneth Johnson.

From Johnson:

“We are delighted to team up with Desilu to bring the timeless — and timely — story of resistance against tyranny into the 21st Century. V will be the first of a cinematic trilogy which will tell the full epic tale in the manner I always envisioned.”

Paul 11-02-2018 14:15

A Trilogy - sounds good if it comes off, and is done well.

General Maximus 11-02-2018 15:10

yup, I love V. I grew up with the original series and watched it over and over again and would happily sit down and watch it all again now. With new V movies coming out and a Lost in Space series coming out this yea it makes you wonder if they would bring back something like Land of the Giants. I bet that would look great with what they could do effects wise these days.

Paul 14-02-2018 19:51

The CW is expanding back into Sunday evenings again.

It hasnt shown any of its own programming at weekends since around 2008.
The expansion likely means its very likely it will continue its "Tradition" of renewing the majority of its current shows (such as Black Lightning, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, Supergirl, Supernatural, Riverdale, Dynasty, The 100, iZombie).

It’s also ordered nine pilots so far this year, up from its usual five or six.

Mr K 14-02-2018 21:37

Still waiting for the next season of Blake's 7...

Paul 14-02-2018 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35936870)

Its not looking likely now (a reboot was planned).

NBC has finally renewed Midnight, Texas for season 2.

This is too late now for this year, it will hit screens in 2019 (most likely summer again).

denphone 15-02-2018 04:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35936870)

What a series that was Mr K as it was up there with Babylon 5 IMO.

General Maximus 15-02-2018 08:45

I am/was too young for that.

General Maximus 19-02-2018 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35920128)
Roswell is coming back:

Further to the announcement in October that they are bringing Roswell back there is further info. It is good to know that it is going to be done properly with a serious tone, good story lines and no expense spared action sequences.

Quote:

The CW is bringing in the big guns for their latest reboot. Deadline reports The Originals creator Julie Plec will direct the network’s Roswell reboot pilot.

The original series followed a group of teens who live in the small town of Roswell, New Mexico—the site of the famous UFO incident. The cast included Shiri Appleby, Jason Behr, Katherine Heigl, Brendan Fehr, Majandra Delfino, Nick Wechsler, William Sadler, Colin Hanks, and Emilie de Ravin. The show ran on The WB from 1999-2001 and then switched to UPN for the 2001-2002 season.

The CW‘s Roswell reboot comes from Carina Adly MacKenzie and follows the daughter of undocumented immigrants who “discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: He’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life.”

Hugh 21-02-2018 15:34

Ian M Banks Culture novels TV series coming to Amazon.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....cle&ID=2333693

Quote:

Amazon Studios today announced it has acquired the global television rights to the Culture’s first novel Consider Phlebas. The famed space opera by Scottish writer Iain M. Banks features Banks’ fictional interstellar utopian society, the Culture. The series will be adapted by Dennis Kelly (Utopia, Matilda) with Plan B Entertainment (World War Z, 12 Years a Slave, The Big Short, Moonlight, Feud) slated to produce and the Estate of Iain Banks attached as Executive Producer.

A kinetic, action-packed adventure on a huge canvas, Consider Phlebas draws upon the extraordinary world and mythology Banks created in the Culture, in which a highly advanced and progressive society ends up at war with the Idirans, a deeply religious, warlike race intent on dominating the entire galaxy.

The story centers on Horza, a rogue agent tasked by the Idirans with the impossible mission of recovering a missing Culture ‘Mind,’ an artificial intelligence many thousands of times smarter than any human—something that could hold the key to wiping out the Culture altogether. What unfolds, with Banks’ trademark irreverent humor, ultimately asks the poignant question of how we can use technology to preserve our humanity, not surrender it.
Out-fricking-standing - can't wait.

Hugh 21-02-2018 18:51

Lost in Space reboot - April 13th on Netflix.

Stephen 21-02-2018 19:25

According to the trailer it's the 13th.

Mr_love_monkey 21-02-2018 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35937852)
Ian M Banks Culture novels TV series coming to Amazon.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....cle&ID=2333693

Out-fricking-standing - can't wait.

I hope it's good. I'm just not sure they'll be able to do it justice.

Hugh 21-02-2018 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35937880)
According to the trailer it's the 13th.

Thanks for spotting the typo - fixed.

General Maximus 22-02-2018 21:38

I haven't heard of it before but it sounds great. I am so glad that scifi is making such a massive comeback these days because once SG1 & BSG finished in ~2008 we were starved and had nothing decent for years.

Stephen 22-02-2018 21:47

The original aired for 3 series starting in 1965.

From the same guy that created Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants and others from that era.

Was a great little show and there was a movie in 1998 with Matt LeBlanc and Gary Oldman.

Great theme tune too, well season2 & 3, both the original and the Apollo 440 version from the movie.

Apparently John Williams is redoing the theme for this series.

General Maximus 22-02-2018 22:23

I was talking about the Culture book. I used to love Land of the Giants/Time Tunnel/Lost in Space when i was younger. Like BSG and V, it is one of those things you look back on and think "it would be great if they could make it today with the new special effects so it looks real".

We are getting there. I think i said last week that i woukd like them to remake Land of the Giants. If this works out who knows!

Horizon 23-02-2018 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35938082)
I haven't heard of it before but it sounds great. I am so glad that scifi is making such a massive comeback these days because once SG1 & BSG finished in ~2008 we were starved and had nothing decent for years.

Depends on the definition of sci-fi and personally I group all fantasy type stuff under the scifi banner, so Game of Thrones and Walking Dead would come under this label.

There has been a deluge of both scifi and fantasy shows, so I don't see how we are starved, but I suppose it depends on what you like.

There are just a few shows over the last eight years that come under scifi or fantasy banners that I think are worth a try for those that have not seen them:

The Expanse
Tru Blood
Awake
The Returned/Resurrection
The 100
Into the Badlands
Revolution
Colony
Falling Skies
Outcast
Outlander
Extant
Supernatural
Revolution
V

Some of the superheroes stuff, and obviously its not just a deluge of these type of shows, but a flood.

There's tons of stuff. In a sense, we're in a golden age of tv, the problem is not lack of shows, but finding them and having enough time to watch them all.

pip08456 23-02-2018 16:44

Fantasy stuff comes under the SciFan umbrella, not Scifi and never will. You on the other hand can group anything under whatever banner you want.

Watch and follow whatever you enjoy.

pip08456 24-02-2018 16:53

The Expanse Season 3 is back in April.

https://www.space.com/39804-the-expa...w-trailer.html

General Maximus 24-02-2018 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 35938157)
Depends on the definition of sci-fi

My bad, when I said scifi I meant "space" series. As you demonstrated in your list, there has been a consistent flow of scifi shows over the last 10 years but apart from The Expanse (which I still think of as being new) we didn't really have any quality space series after BSG and Stargate finished.
I am well chuffed we have got Lost in Space and The Expanse one day after the other in April.

General Maximus 28-02-2018 09:37

Quote:

Is Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD coming to an end? Recently, co-showrunners Maurisa Tancharoen and Jed Whedon spoke with TVLine about the future of the ABC TV show.

At a recent celebration for Agents of SHIELD‘s 100th episode, co-showrunner Jed Whedon told TVLine they are writing the season five finale as a series finale just in case ABC does not renew the show:

“Yeah, we’re ready for if this is the end. We’re definitely going to make it rewarding either way. We can certainly pivot and there are certain things that we’re putting in that at the last minute could be adjusted. But we know at the end we’re not moving off that mark. We’re going to do what we were planning to do, and I think that it’ll be thrilling either way.”
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kabaal 08-03-2018 16:01

Live action Star Wars TV show is actually happening http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-fav...ar-wars-series

General Maximus 08-03-2018 16:26

that will be good, I have been hoping they would do something like this for years. It will be a premium series which will pull everyone to Disney's streaming service.

Paul 09-03-2018 01:15

This weeks sees the 100th episode of Agents of SHIELD.

However, its looking likely that it may not get past the end of this season, current rumours are that Season 5 will probably be its last.

General Maximus 09-03-2018 08:00

:rolleyes: It does my head in. It is so much better than the DC shite (Black Lightning is doing my head in and I think I am going to stop watching it) and I would take it over the Marvel/Netflix series as well. I will look it up later but I am sure AoS had more viewers than the rest of them. I don't understand why they cancel good series and keep rubbish ones going.

I think they are doing it so the entire Marvel Universe syncs up and wraps up nicely because AoS has always loosely tied in with what is happening in the films. I know we are only getting P1 of Infinity Wars this year but they can't really move on story wise in AoS if they renewed it next year when P2 will still be dealing with something which happened a year ago (if that makes sense).

heero_yuy 09-03-2018 10:59

Quote:

Quote from The Sun:

Game of Thrones fans got a glimpse of the final series as a huge castle set was erected in Belfast.

Workers, cranes and diggers are busy constructing the spectacular fortress, which included turrets and ramparts.

It's not clear what the set is trying to show - possibly the scene of a gigantic battle between Winterfell and the White Walkers, or perhaps a new fantastical location not yet seen in the much-loved HBO fantasy series.

The almost-completed £1million set is being built in Belfast's Titanic Quarter after a mammoth five-month project.

It is the most expensive movie set ever to be made in Northern Ireland.

Our set shots show panels for directors to add CGI special effects.

A shroud of secrecy surrounds the last season, with fans desperate to know how the epic saga ends.
Follow red link for pictures and full story.

denphone 09-03-2018 13:00

Only another 13 months as the crow flies...:hyper::hyper:

pip08456 09-03-2018 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35940111)
Only another 13 months as the crow flies...:hyper::hyper:

At least as, not with other good series, we know we are going to get a conclusion and have something to look forward to.

It appears AoS has an idea it may not be renewed for a new season so is making the final episode a conclusion of sorts.

I'm sure media transmission companies know well in advance if they will pick up a new series of anything they are showing before any cancellation. Would it be better for them to turn around and say "wrap it up in the last couple of episodes as we aren't showing it a gain" or if the decision is late in the series run say "We'll give you a miniseries of 3-5 episodes to wrap it up for the fans"?

As OLD BOY has stated in another thread they way people are now viewing is changing to the online/streaming platform. It then becomes easier for people to drop channels that keep cancelling popular series.

WOW, that was a bit of a rant and I don't apologise.

General Maximus 10-03-2018 08:37

it is okay dude, I completely agree and I have been saying it for years. The way many channels/broadcasters treat series is disgusting and shows a lack of respect for fans. It is one thing for a pilot season, but when you have got a series which has been going for 4+ seasons with established characters and story arc then the least you can do is let the writers wrap it up properly. Look at Dark Matter. Would it have killed them to let them do a 3 part mini series (ish) with each ep 1 hour long to bring the story to an end. I hope The Expanse has a proper ending.

Butttttt, and this is a lovely story, the shining example of fan power and revolt is Jericho. I remember it very well.

pip08456 10-03-2018 12:26

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35940188)

Butttttt, and this is a lovely story, the shining example of fan power and revolt is Jericho. I remember it very well.

Thanks for forgiveness for the rant.

For those interested in Stargate fan power is trying again. At 02.00 UK time this morning N.America had a tweetstorm to get MGM to take up a new in canon series of Stargate.

Within one hour it was trending at #2 in the US and Canada, #1 in UK & France and #7 worldwide.

For those interested there will be another tonight for us Europeans at 7.00pm. If you intend to join in then get on Twitter before 6.45pm and follow @StargateNow_EU so that you get the nights hashtag or you can follow me as I will be putting it out too @Pippincp.

If you want gifs to add to your tweet there's loads here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...fJ4H_Oqr3BvB0I

Here's something I knocked up earlier as well.

Hope to see some of you there.

General Maximus 10-03-2018 21:41

That is cracking, if that doesn't send a message what does. I want to see some studio execs shitting themselves now and running around getting the ball rolling because they'll be thinking about how much $$$ they are losing out on every minute.

Paul 13-03-2018 20:14

FOX are considering a Buffy (the Vampire Slayer) revival.

Network chief Gary Newman confirmed ongoing talks about a series revival.
Quote:

Buffy is probably the most ripe show we have for bringing back. It’s something we talk about frequently. Joss Whedon is one of the greatest creators we’ve ever worked for. When Joss decides it’s time, we’ll do it.

General Maximus 13-03-2018 21:30

I'll only watch it if SMG is in it

General Maximus 23-03-2018 11:44

The new issue of SFX has just come through the door. I was expecting to see Infinity War on the front cover so I had a pleasant surprise. It will probably be on next months cover just in time for the film coming out. I would like to say I think it is going to be the highest grossing film this year but there are so many good films coming out.

There are some quality features in this months mag. There are multi-page features on Lost in Space, Infinity War and Westworld plus lots more so it is defo worth a look. I would take photos of everything and upload it but I would get moaned at for copyright bla bla bla.

Paul 23-03-2018 14:53

I get SFX delivered anyway.

Could you use a smaller image please. :)

(and yes, if you uploaded the content, it would be removed).

General Maximus 23-03-2018 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35941611)
Could you use a smaller image please. :)

that is small, you should have seen what it was like originally. I will bear it in mind for the future though.

pip08456 23-03-2018 23:12

I'll just leave this here.

https://twitter.com/ExpanseSYFY/stat...19086932746242