Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   June 8th General Election (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704776)

pip08456 24-04-2017 14:49

Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35896065)
Blair and Corbyn are the leavers' gift that keeps on giving! It's now buy one, get one free time!

Can't deny that!

heero_yuy 24-04-2017 15:17

Quote:

Support for Theresa May's ruling Conservatives was at 50 percent in a Comres poll published on Saturday, putting the prime minister on course for a landslide election victory on June 8.

The main opposition Labour party was unchanged on 25 percent.

The poll for the Sunday Mirror newspaper of 2,074 people surveyed on April 19 and 20 put the Conservatives' vote share up 4 percentage points from last week and was the highest for the party in a Comres poll since 1991.
Reuters

Quote:

Another survey, this one for the Sunday Express, also revealed as many as one in seven Labour voters were planning to switch from red to blue on June 8.

Leadership and Brexit were said to be the main reasons for the mass defection giving an even further boost to the PM’s campaign.
Source

Meanwhile in Scotland:

Quote:

NICOLA Sturgeon has reacted to a shock poll predicting Theresa May will take a dozen seats off her in Scotland by claiming the election is a “two horse race” between the SNP and the Tories.

The First Minister is going on the attack as she tries to hold on to her party’s seats on June 8 in the face of surging support for the Conservatives north of the border.
Source

She won't be able to play games with a sharply reduced number of SNP MPs.:)

pip08456 24-04-2017 15:23

Anyone who thought the tories would't do well in an election at this time is living in a dreamworld.

May was 100% correct calling it at this time.

How they do north of the border remains to be seen and may well frighten their beloved Nicola.

Mick 24-04-2017 18:55

Aww bless, Tim Farron getting rather upset tonight, with repeated questions about his personal views on whether he considers gay sex being a sin, as per his strong faith.

Apparently, nothing wrong with being in a gay relationship, but as long as it does not extend to sexual activity.

I am sorry, everyone is entitled to their own views, but you cannot be associated with a party labelled, 'Liberal', let alone lead it, when personal views are anything but. What a bloody farce.

https://www.facebook.com/skynews/vid...8833303797926/

Ramrod 24-04-2017 19:18

Why you shouldn’t vote for Jeremy Corbyn

Mr K 24-04-2017 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod (Post 35896104)

Not really relevant unless you happen to be in his constituency ;)

Kursk 24-04-2017 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35896101)
Aww bless, Tim Farron getting rather upset tonight, with repeated questions about his personal views on whether he considers gay sex being a sin, as per his strong faith.

Apparently, nothing wrong with being in a gay relationship, but as long as it does not extend to sexual activity.

I am sorry, everyone is entitled to their own views, but you cannot be associated with a party labelled, 'Liberal', let alone lead it, when personal views are anything but. What a bloody farce.

https://www.facebook.com/skynews/vid...8833303797926/

Well, I'm not a Farron fan of course but I think everyone is entitled to personal views. Is it 'Liberal' to condone buggery as a practise if that conflicts with your personal views?

Pierre 25-04-2017 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35896117)
Well, I'm not a Farron fan of course but I think everyone is entitled to personal views. Is it 'Liberal' to condone buggery as a practise if that conflicts with your personal views?

It's a bit like standing as a Conservative but personally disagreeing with the free market economy.

Ramrod 25-04-2017 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35896116)
Not really relevant unless you happen to be in his constituency ;)

Since he's the labour leader it's of some small relevance ;)

1andrew1 25-04-2017 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35896169)
It's a bit like standing as a Conservative but personally disagreeing with the free market economy.

Funniy enough, that 's what the Conservative Party is being accused of with regard to energy price-capping.

Kursk 25-04-2017 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35896211)
Funniy enough, that 's what the Conservative Party is being accused of with regard to energy price-capping.

Ha ha good point! Someone has to take a stand on us all being stuffed up the arse. Which brings us back to Mr Farron...:D

passingbat 25-04-2017 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35896211)

This is the 'One Nation' British Conservative party; not the Freedom caucus of the US Republican party! Nothing wrong with state intervention :)

papa smurf 25-04-2017 12:10

Pro-EU Tories quit Open Britain over plans to oust Brexit-backing MPs
Nicky Morgan, Anna Soubry and Dominic Grieve say it is ‘untenable’ for them to support successor organisation to remain campaign

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...it-backing-mps

Maggy 25-04-2017 14:19

Why doesn't the poll have the option of 'I have no idea who to vote for'?

papa smurf 25-04-2017 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35896239)
Why doesn't the poll have the option of 'I have no idea who to vote for'?

i think it's assumed that if you have no idea or clue you would vote liberal with the rest of them :)