Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   [Merged] NTL Email Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=7373)

poolking 08-03-2004 23:35

Re: [Merged] ntl Email

So how long is it going to take to do these upgrades?

Neil 09-03-2004 19:27

Oh dear.....:rolleyes:

Quote:

ntlhome Internet - Email

9 March 2004 18:03

Ntlhome Broadband Internet customers may be experiencing intermittent problems receiving/sending email at present, this is because of a technical fault.

Our engineers are aware of this issue and working on a resolution. :dozey:

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Charlie_Bubble 09-03-2004 19:31

This morning I checked my emails through the webmail at work. I had 3 actual emails and about 10 spam emails. I deleted the spam and logged out. Later I logged in, deleted another couple of spam and logged out. In the afternoon I logged in and my emails had gone and there were just 2 spam emails there! I was annoyed as one of the emails was a receipt for an online order.

I get home this evening and the 3 emails are back again!! WTF????

threadbare 09-03-2004 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble
This morning I checked my emails through the webmail at work. I had 3 actual emails and about 10 spam emails. I deleted the spam and logged out. Later I logged in, deleted another couple of spam and logged out. In the afternoon I logged in and my emails had gone and there were just 2 spam emails there! I was annoyed as one of the emails was a receipt for an online order.

I get home this evening and the 3 emails are back again!! WTF????

there is an intermitent problem atm which possibly means a mail server went offline with the others sharing the load. your mails would have likely been on the affected mailserver and would have re-appeared when this was brought back online.

xtopher 11-03-2004 16:44

Email upgrade!??

Apparently NTL have spent the last week 'upgrading their e mail system'. I am in the Bracknell area. Has anyone noticed any improvement!? Mine has never been so bad - come on NTL tell us WHAT the improvements are 'cos I am under the impression it was a customer improvement thing.

xtopher:td:

Neil 11-03-2004 16:55

Re: Email upgrade!??

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtopher
Apparently NTL have spent the last week 'upgrading their e mail system'. I am in the Bracknell area. Has anyone noticed any improvement!? Mine has never been so bad - come on NTL tell us WHAT the improvements are 'cos I am under the impression it was a customer improvement thing.

ntl don't communicate with their (wage paying) customers 'Xtopher'.

You should really know that by now. ;)

Welcome to nthw too. :)

Mick 11-03-2004 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtopher

Hi xtopher & Welcome to nthellworld.co.uk :welcome:

The upgrades have been going on for a while now, since February at least, I usually see the password box every other day, last week a mate of mine mailed me and I never received the mail, I've told him not to use that email address anymore as its increasingly becoming unreliable, a mail about these mail problems went to Aizad Hussain, MD for ntl:home and it was ignored.:mad:

Neil 11-03-2004 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick
a mail about these mail problems went to Aizad Hussain, MD for ntl:home and it was ignored.:mad:

More than one if I'm not mistaken m8. :rolleyes:

I know I sent several, I'm pretty sure you did, & I'm fairly sure that Ben did too. :dozey:

No reply/explanation-nothing. :afire:

Mick 11-03-2004 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
More than one if I'm not mistaken m8. :rolleyes:

I know I sent several, I'm pretty sure you did, & I'm fairly sure that Ben did too. :dozey:

No reply/explanation-nothing. :afire:

Yes I sent the below mail on the below date:-

Quote:

----- Original Message -----
To: aizad.hussain@ntl.com
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: Mail

Hi Aizad,

I would also like to point out that customers are complaining
in droves to the bbc watchdog site about this, this is still a
very ongoing problem I am afraid. Customers are beginning
to think nobody at ntl cares.

Kind Regards,

Mick
nthw Administrator.
www.nthellworld.com

:rolleyes:

th'engineer 23-03-2004 02:44

E-mails playing up again

Have they used the e-mail servers to sort the proxies out

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your User Name was rejected. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to the host', Port: 5100, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

David25 23-03-2004 08:41

Re: E-mails playing up again

Why is the server 127.0.0.1?

theman 23-03-2004 08:45

i went onto it yesterday to see my other message i was appalled by the speed spam and i am wondering what was the upgrade about as far as i can see it was a downgrade it is about time ntl got in with another e.mail provider like yahoo bt have done it and they are offerinf free spam protection and virus protection. i am certain ntl can do something like that instead of offering discounts on spam protection and virus protection no iit is a big thumbs down for ntl webmail in marks out of ten minus 10

Simply Gray 23-03-2004 09:46

I am getting the message:

"This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Your message was not delivered because the return address was refused.

The return address was '<Valid.Address@NTLWorld.com>'

Please reply to Postmaster@ntlworld.com if you feel this message to be in error."

Does anyone know what has happened?

Maggy 23-03-2004 12:26

I see that the email is up the poke again on the server status page.I have been trying to get an email from one site for three days through my Yahoo mail but as yahoo is also poked I decided to change the addy to my ntl dial up addy.Why when I'm having email issues somewhere else does NTL add to my woes?There is money involved here!!!
It's as if they have a sixth sense.

Neil 23-03-2004 14:35

What a surprise........:rolleyes:

Quote:

ntl Home - All Packages - E Mail Service

23 March 2004 12:12

ntlHome Internet customers using the Ntlworld Mail service may be experiencing problems accessing the service, this is because of a technical fault. Our engineers are aware of this issue and working on a resolution.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused

Change the record ntl.....:zzz: