Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : Season 2016/2017 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703183)

denphone 03-04-2017 14:46

Re: Football Season 2016/2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35893069)
More Arsene Wenger protests today, I'm wondering though if these are a new thing or getting bigger and more vocal or are a common thing but just more publicized this year to fit in with the Arsene may be leaving angle that's going on.

Well my hunch is that the end is nigh for Arsene.

denphone 04-04-2017 20:24

Oh dear the top 4 is looking less and less likely for Mourinho's red devils.

adzii_nufc 04-04-2017 22:10

People are still forgetting about their game in hand that should they win only sets them two points behind Liverpool.

Sunderland are 8 points off safety.

iadom 04-04-2017 22:19

Anyone see the goal that got chalked off for offside, opposite end of ground from my seat but one or two from that end thought it was onside?

Still misfiring in front of goal though.��

adzii_nufc 04-04-2017 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35893327)
Anyone see the goal that got chalked off for offside, opposite end of ground from my seat but one or two from that end thought it was onside?

Still misfiring in front of goal though.��

Yeah he's off, just the top half of him :D

iadom 04-04-2017 22:45

Glad to see Luke Shaw back in action, looked good for the short time he had, really hope he gets his mojo back, a class act at his best.

denphone 05-04-2017 05:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35893330)
Glad to see Luke Shaw back in action, looked good for the short time he had, really hope he gets his mojo back, a class act at his best.

Indeed a class act at his best but l just wonder whether he sits on his laurels too much?.

---------- Post added at 05:34 ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35893326)
People are still forgetting about their game in hand that should they win only sets them two points behind Liverpool.

Sunderland are 8 points off safety.

Better to have the points on the board IMO as you have to win the game in hand.

TheDaddy 05-04-2017 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35893328)
Yeah he's off, just the top half of him :D

You mean his nose ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35893330)

I wouldn't have thought his mojo will be returning judging by the special ones comments about him post match

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39499154

denphone 05-04-2017 20:09

Oh deary deary me....:(:td:

adzii_nufc 05-04-2017 20:56

Diabolical penalty situation at Newcastle. Ritchie's penalty is disallowed but rather than a retake as set in the laws by both FIFA and the FA, the ref instead awards a free kick to Burton.. amid mad scenes from players and staff. Safely say someone's spending the weekend reffing a league one fixture. :erm:

denphone 05-04-2017 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35893485)
Diabolical penalty situation at Newcastle. Ritchie's penalty is disallowed but rather than a retake as set in the laws by both FIFA and the FA, the ref instead awards a free kick to Burton.. amid mad scenes from players and staff. Safely say someone's spending the weekend reffing a league one fixture. :erm:

No matter what way one squares it the referee has made a massive balls-up.:td:

adzii_nufc 05-04-2017 21:16

I've been harsh on premier league officials. It's not just this game or Newcastle's fixtures, the standard of refereeing is horrible in the championship.

The general explanation here is Dwight Gayle committed a foul by encroachment. That's a retake by the games rules but somehow the ref has got it horribly wrong and given a free kick. From the famous ghost goals to making the rules up as you go along.

Ritchie's scored now, find out whether the first batch of justice is served at 90 minutes.

iadom 05-04-2017 21:17

Liverpool given a deserved smack.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39508491

denphone 05-04-2017 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35893492)
Liverpool given a deserved smack.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39508491

No excuses in my book but one suspects its a widespread practice Jim..

adzii_nufc 05-04-2017 21:38

Definitely widespread. Just a matter of who gets nabbed.

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Stunning from spurs, a 7 minute turnover from 1 down to 3-1.

adzii_nufc 05-04-2017 23:43

Quote:

The Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) have released a statement confirming that referee Keith Stroud and his team got it completely wrong to disallow Matt Ritchie's penalty in the game against Burton.

Full PGMOL statement:

"In this evening's EFL Championship game between Newcastle United and Burton Albion, referee Keith Stroud awarded Newcastle a penalty in the 29th minute.

"As Matt Ritchie took the kick, Dwight Gayle encroached in the penalty area.

"An indirect free kick was awarded to Burton, but the Laws of the Game state that the penalty kick should have been retaken.

"Unfortunately the referee has misapplied the Law.

"Keith and his team are understandably upset at the lapse in concentration and apologise for the mistake."
Guess who's refereeing a league one game next week :erm:

adzii_nufc 06-04-2017 23:57

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...enalty-mistake

Keith Stroud and his other three officials removed from weekend duty whilst the penalty blunder is looked into.

Newcastle won, re-educate the bloke on the laws, get on with it. It shouldn't have happened, it did, luckily it had no effect in the end but it's a rare event, just move on from it. Like I said above humorously, have him do a league one game at the weekend. He's apologized and you have to draw a line under it at some point. They're hardly going to sack him surely.

TheDaddy 07-04-2017 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35893633)

Keith Stroud and his other three officials removed from weekend duty whilst the penalty blunder is looked into.

Newcastle won, re-educate the bloke on the laws, get on with it. It shouldn't have happened, it did, luckily it had no effect in the end but it's a rare event, just move on from it. Like I said above humorously, have him do a league one game at the weekend. He's apologized and you have to draw a line under it at some point. They're hardly going to sack him surely.

Iirc there were 90 new rules or rule changes alone this season, football shouldn't be that complicated, I'm surprised this hasn't happened before if they change the rules so often each season

adzii_nufc 07-04-2017 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35893635)
Iirc there were 90 new rules or rule changes alone this season, football shouldn't be that complicated, I'm surprised this hasn't happened before if they change the rules so often each season

It's honestly a rare event, I've personally never seen it happen that I can recall before now. It's simply a fluke event in which you re-educate and move on. We won the game, the damage is absolutely minimal at this point.

Stuff like this is just completely unnecessary: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...lty-gaffe.html

The reaction from some of our supporters has been embarrassing and very yob like. I think I had a little moan during the game, evident in the earlier post but besides that it hasn't bothered me in the slightest, the standard of officiating down here is pretty dire but it'd be misleading to blame Keith Stroud for every other ref in the league too. I moved onto cracking the dire league one joke and that's that. I don't know why some of these idiots are finding any excuse to make threats to another human being over a game of football they won...

denphone 07-04-2017 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35893633)

Look he held his hands up and admitted his mistake so as you say let him get on with his profession as we all make mistakes in our lives but the key is learning from it and l am sure he will do that.

adzii_nufc 08-04-2017 15:13

Great showing by Spurs.

Son Heung-min is in amazing form. great finisher.

denphone 08-04-2017 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35893816)
Great showing by Spurs.

Son Heung-min is in amazing form. great finisher.

Chelsea and Spurs as we can see are clearly well ahead of the other big teams.

iadom 09-04-2017 14:31

Great goal from Zlatan, don't think that was a red card tackle though. :(

denphone 09-04-2017 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35893884)
Great goal from Zlatan, don't think that was a red card tackle though. :(

More incompetent refereeing again sadly.:(

adzii_nufc 09-04-2017 15:03

I think it was, he's over the ball, mere seconds after nearly catching Pogba on the ankle with his studs, he's lucky neither get clean contact, if we're playing by the rules, you have to send him off, Ross Barkley should've been off for his last week. Obviously people think it's harsh but you don't have to break someones leg to be sent off. The rules evidently need more defined and applied consistently as seen with Ross Barkley.

https://imgur.com/l2GhSzz there's the still borrowed from reddit.

Another couple of inches to the left and he's snapping someones leg. Yeah though, on another day I'd sympathise, given how many people generally get away with these tackles down to lack of consistency but the fact he's gone through Pogba with the same challenge less than a second earlier and barely managed to pull out only led to a completely deserved sending off, far too aggressive.

iadom 09-04-2017 15:14

As Steve Harper said on BBC online it was probably an Orange.

Yellow cards like confetti now. :(

That one against Martial was ridiculous, the keeper kicked him.

adzii_nufc 09-04-2017 15:30

I think two of the bottom three are securing their fate, Middlesbrough would be the great escape this year, Sunderland will be down before the final day though.

It's completely possible for Sunderland to turn it around though and they do have the benefit of playing both Boro and Swansea.. so that same benefit also works in reverse. Sunderland have to beat both Swansea and Boro and pick up points elsewhere if you write the final day off at Chelsea. We seen it last year with ourselves, a draw with fellow drop side Villa sealed it when it was essential to pick up three points, had we won the game, we'd have stayed up going on the results that followed.

Arsenal have to match United now, this is what I alluded to in previous posts, the top four is far from secure, if both Arsenal and United collect maximum points from games in hand, they'll draw level with Liverpool.

United have to play, Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Spurs. If they were to win all four, however unlikely that is, they'd be finishing in the top four, as a neutral that scheduling is a dream, there's literally a mini playoff for the two spots. Arsenal have the easier run in up until they play United and Spurs back to back. If Everton win today they'll be level with Arsenal but that'll be irrelevant given the they're games ahead and Arsenal suddenly lose that advantage by losing 3 in a row.

denphone 09-04-2017 16:19

So who does our resident expert predict for 3rd and 4th then?.:)

adzii_nufc 09-04-2017 21:34

I honestly don't see which way it goes, 4 teams, 2 spots, games in hand, tough run ins, and like above, we've almost got them all running into each other.

Does the winner of the champions league still occupy a place if they win? :erm:

Chelsea won in 2012 whilst Spurs finished fourth, I remember this because we ourselves were fighting for that fourth spot and in the end it would ultimately have been pointless. So obviously in the unlikely scenario Leicester City actually won it, fourth spot would then be theirs.

That's not really what I was getting at there though, United could win the Europa League which has a prize of Champions League football bundled with it, which IIRC does not effect league standing qualification in any way.

So winning the harder and more prestigious champions league allows you to defend it at the expense of your fellow teams league position. Winning the Europa allows 5 English teams in the Champions League :confused:

Why can't they just allow 5 teams in either scenario? assuming the CL winner hasn't finished in a qualifying spot.

denphone 10-04-2017 20:20

Its slipping away Arsene....

adzii_nufc 10-04-2017 21:08

This would be a devastating result.

denphone 10-04-2017 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35894076)
This would be a devastating result.

Where are the leaders in their side? as they might have plenty of nicey nice players but alas not much spine to go with it.

adzii_nufc 10-04-2017 21:21

Oh what a finish by Kebab. Absolutely sublime. There's no leaders, you'd expect Ozil to really get that midfield solid, much like we benefit from Shelvey being key to our entire season this year. Ozil is just... meh?

They're also wiping goal difference off, Arsenal couldn't afford to lose this, never mind pray for a point..

It's also a devastating result for Sunderland, that could get even worse should Hull also pull away when they play and Sunderland fail to win.

Edit: Arsenal are falling apart.

denphone 10-04-2017 21:25

Oh dear Arsenal totally imploding here..

adzii_nufc 10-04-2017 21:30

Arsenal are being buried. Odds of even salvaging a point.

Arsene Wenger's Arsenal career is crashing down.

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Wow, just no luck for Arsenal. Having re-watched the penalty, Townsend dives. Two wins from Seven at this stage is bad though. Who's the next Arsenal manager? David Moyes? Arsenal fans are now abusing their own players.

Hom3r 10-04-2017 21:52

I guess Arsenal are cancelling St Totteringham day then https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2017/04/17.png COYS

Damien 10-04-2017 21:52

The players have been letting Wenger take all the blame for too long. So many treated today's game like a training session, leaving balls to ping across our box, being surprised they don't have time to pick a pass, not pressing any opposition players and so on.

denphone 11-04-2017 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35894089)
The players have been letting Wenger take all the blame for too long. So many treated today's game like a training session, leaving balls to ping across our box, being surprised they don't have time to pick a pass, not pressing any opposition players and so on.

That is the thing though Damien as its always the manager who sadly carries the can while the players hide behind their gold plated petticoats unperturbed by it all around them.

iadom 11-04-2017 21:01

Loving this Juve performance, wonder how the officials in the second leg are going to get Barca through this time?

denphone 11-04-2017 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35894274)
Loving this Juve performance, wonder how the officials in the second leg are going to get Barca through this time?

You can escape once but they certainly won't be escaping this time.:)

iadom 13-04-2017 22:34

Would have taken 1-1 before kick off but still wasting countless chances to put teams to bed, hope it doesn't come back to bite them in the second leg.:(

A nice bit of 'after you' from Fellaini to allow the Anderlecht player a free header, took it well though all the same.

Arthurgray50@blu 13-04-2017 23:22

I have two points to make on this matter.
1) Being an ex referee, the whole situation is a joke. The governing body of referees in the PL and EFL should quit in disgrace. This why Clattenburg, and other young refs are quitting. The standard of refs is appalling. Week in and week out officials are making cockups.
The whole system has to be changed. The FA are a farce.

The whole system has to change.

2) Being a Spurs fan, Arsenal are the evil of North London. BUT, Arsenal must sack Wenger. The club is falling so far behind. They wont qualify for Europe unless they win the FA Cup which wont happen. They will not finish above Spurs. which is something arsenal fans dread.

Arsenal used to be a major club. But they are no more. Wenger thinks that's its HIS OWN money they spend on players.

Get rid of him

denphone 14-04-2017 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35894595)
Would have taken 1-1 before kick off but still wasting countless chances to put teams to bed, hope it doesn't come back to bite them in the second leg.:(

A nice bit of 'after you' from Fellaini to allow the Anderlecht player a free header, took it well though all the same.

Yes l was pretty happy until they equalised but MU cannot keep looking gift horses in the mouth as it will backfire sooner rather then later.

muppetman11 14-04-2017 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35894595)

1-1 draw you'd have took it before the game...........how expectations have dropped.

denphone 14-04-2017 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35894640)
1-1 draw you'd have took it before the game...........how expectations have dropped.

So being the man of all wise knowledge where would you say MU go from here as you seem pretty unhappy with how it currently stands.;)

iadom 15-04-2017 18:14

Another ref who looks like he fancies dropping a division next week, missed a blatant foul by Kompany in first ten minutes then makes a bigger mess by missing a clear penalty for City. :(

denphone 15-04-2017 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35894861)
Another ref who looks like he fancies dropping a division next week, missed a blatant foul by Kompany in first ten minutes then makes a bigger mess by missing a clear penalty for City. :(

And yet if anybody criticises the officials the FA will soon level a charge against anybody who questions the officials so the poor refereeing goes on and on unabated..:(

adzii_nufc 15-04-2017 20:45

What a weekend though, the whole complexion of the top half can change instantly. United need to beat Chelsea to keep pushing against Liverpool for the CL spot, Arsenal need to beat Boro for the same reason as United but will end up 3 points behind Liverpool so are desperate for Liverpool to drop points. United beating Chelsea will give Spurs massive hope of playing catch up. For a neutral, this is quite a fight this year. You could have three massive teams vying for one European spot come the last two games and a title fight that may go down to the very last day if someone overturns Chelsea on the way.

denphone 16-04-2017 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35894883)
What a weekend though, the whole complexion of the top half can change instantly. United need to beat Chelsea to keep pushing against Liverpool for the CL spot, Arsenal need to beat Boro for the same reason as United but will end up 3 points behind Liverpool so are desperate for Liverpool to drop points. United beating Chelsea will give Spurs massive hope of playing catch up. For a neutral, this is quite a fight this year. You could have three massive teams vying for one European spot come the last two games and a title fight that may go down to the very last day if someone overturns Chelsea on the way.

And add to this my two family hometowns are both on the verge of going up.:hyper::cleader::D

iadom 16-04-2017 18:12

Stunning performance, totally outplayed Chelski. Did they manage a shot on target?

denphone 16-04-2017 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35894991)
Stunning performance, totally outplayed Chelski. Did they manage a shot on target?

So why has it took until now to give such a great performance Jim?.;)

iadom 16-04-2017 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35894992)
So why has it took until now to give such a great performance Jim?.;)

Erm let me think , unbeaten in how many, only conceded one goal or less per game for months, still in Europe, outplayed several teams without any luck.

Today it clicked and credit must go to Jose who really had then 'at it' from the off. They also got the little bit of luck needed that makes all the difference in tight games.

Tactically perfect, playing on the lack of pace in the Chelsea back line with Herrera snuffing out Hazard.

Easter Sunday and I now believe, I have seen the resurrection. :D

denphone 16-04-2017 19:51

If you are lucky you might even get a quick glimpse of the holy grail but it will only be a quick glimpse mind.;)

adzii_nufc 16-04-2017 20:00

Brutal weekend results for Arsenal, desperately need all three against a Middlesbrough that desperately need all three themselves.

iadom 16-04-2017 20:02

More chance of seeing it than your lot, that is for certain.

Thinking about today in more detail I think that the main reason for todays result is that Chelsea are the first team in many months to actually come and try to win the match.

Almost every other team have set out to take a point right from the off with nine or ten men behind the ball for most of the game.

denphone 16-04-2017 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895007)

Thinking about today in more detail I think that the main reason for todays result is that Chelsea are the first team in many months to actually come and try to win the match.

Almost every other team have set out to take a point right from the off with nine or ten men behind the ball for most of the game.

Why should other teams play openly at OT as its up to MU to break teams down at home as generally a draw is a decent result for most teams at the theatre of dreams.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895007)

Now now don't get so touchy.;):D

iadom 16-04-2017 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35895008)
Why should other teams play openly at OT as its up to MU to break teams down at home as generally a draw is a decent result for most teams at the theatre of dreams.[COLOR="Silver"]

No reason at all, I was merely answering your question with a possible reason for today's result. ;)

denphone 16-04-2017 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895011)
No reason at all, I was merely answering your question with a possible reason for today's result. ;)

Well one must celebrate these rare rainbows on your horizon Jim as one never knows when the next rainbow will actually arrive.;)

Arthurgray50@blu 16-04-2017 20:37

It will go down to the wire. Possibly go to goal difference at the end and remember that Spurs goal difference is better than Chelsea

iadom 16-04-2017 21:21

Chelsea have the much easier run in with four games at home.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35895012)
Well one must celebrate these rare rainbows on your horizon Jim as one never knows when the next rainbow will actually arrive.;)

Hmm, FA Cup last season, League Cup and Community shield with power to add this season, all I can see are dark clouds on your horizon Den. :)

Arthurgray50@blu 16-04-2017 23:38

There is certain rule that l always say 'never count your chickens'

All l can say is that Chelsea have the Oscar winning cheat is Costa, who you only have to blow, and he goes over.

Spurs play with passion, and have a will to win the League. I will say one thing - so far, we are second and we are averaging FOUR goals per game.

Forget Arsenal, get rid of Wenger, there fns are fighting each other.

I would love Spurs to win the PL. But l will settle for two things. Finish second, and above **** called Arsenal

TheDaddy 17-04-2017 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895017)
Chelsea have the much easier run in with four games at home.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

Hmm, FA Cup last season, League Cup and Community shield with power to add this season, all I can see are dark clouds on your horizon Den. :)

:rofl: how the mighty have fallen, the community shield

denphone 17-04-2017 07:50

Indeed one suspects Jim is sipping cheap Prosecco now instead of usually ordering a bottle of the best champagne.;)

iadom 17-04-2017 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35895058)
:rofl: how the mighty have fallen, the community shield

I did put it second in the list, give us yours if you will. :p: :)

I make it over 5 years since Liverpool won anything of note and over 35 since the Hammers did. ;)

adzii_nufc 17-04-2017 14:56

Try lining up with the greatest and some of the greatest strikers in Premier League history and still winning nothing :erm:

God I love being a Newcastle fan :D We couldn't capture a title with Alan Shearer or Andy Cole, I doubt we'll get any closer with Dwight Gayle. I'd like to see Spurs capture the title but they'll probably lose 5-1 to a 10 man Hull that've been relegated on the final day.

Damien 17-04-2017 16:01

Hope to see Newcastle back in the PL next year though. A team that shouldn't be down there. I remember when Newcastle were a decent time in the top half of the table (like 10/15 years ago, before Pardew did it for a season).

Would also like to finally see Leeds back as well.

Glad Sunderland are seemingly going down, kind of bored of their nonsense each season. Maybe relegation will wake them up and push on but this constant escaping of the drop only to invest nothing in the team yet somehow just escape the drop again is getting stale. It's quite clear their board don't respect or care about the Premier League so they might as well vacate their spot for someone who really wants it.

adzii_nufc 17-04-2017 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35895120)
Hope to see Newcastle back in the PL next year though. A team that shouldn't be down there. I remember when Newcastle were a decent time in the top half of the table (like 10/15 years ago, before Pardew did it for a season).

Would also like to finally see Leeds back as well.

Glad Sunderland are seemingly going down, kind of bored of their nonsense each season. Maybe relegation will wake them up and push on but this constant escaping of the drop only to invest nothing in the team yet somehow just escape the drop again is getting stale. It's quite clear their board don't respect or care about the Premier League so they might as well vacate their spot for someone who really wants it.

That must be the most frustrating thing for the fans and I'd fear relegation more as a Sunderland fan than any other club because the current ambition from above suggests we won't see them back up for some time.

I'd like to see the Arsenal of Highbury that were amazing to watch whomever you supported, Thierry Henry was sensational. That was an amazing era of the league.

Julian 17-04-2017 17:04

Congratulations to Brighton on their promotion to the Prem.

Another team from the South :D

Well done to your home team Den on getting promoted to league one.

In other news a team from Hampshire can look forward to a season in the third division. ;) :D

Damien 17-04-2017 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35895124)
That must be the most frustrating thing for the fans and I'd fear relegation more as a Sunderland fan than any other club because the current ambition from above suggests we won't see them back up for some time.

I'd like to see the Arsenal of Highbury that were amazing to watch whomever you supported, Thierry Henry was sensational. That was an amazing era of the league.

Well me too. :D

I think that was a moment in time we won't see again. For one that Arsenal team were so far ahead of others in terms of fitness and strength, which is bizarre to think of now. When Wenger first came in he did come into a culture which had become rather slacking.

I want the FIFA series of games to bring back classic era teams, with classic stadiums and kits. Would be fun to play a game of the Arsenal '02 team vs the United '99 team and so on.

denphone 17-04-2017 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 35895128)
Congratulations to Brighton on their promotion to the Prem.

Another team from the South :D

Well done to your home team Den on getting promoted to league one.

In other news a team from Hampshire can look forward to a season in the third division. ;) :D

:tu::waving::D

Julian 17-04-2017 18:26

Actually to be mathematically correct Brighton aren't GUARANTEED promotion but I wouldn't bet against them. :)

denphone 17-04-2017 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 35895137)
Actually to be mathematically correct Brighton aren't GUARANTEED promotion but I wouldn't bet against them. :)

Nice to see Brighton nearly back in the big time personally.:)

Julian 17-04-2017 19:09

Now they are. :)

TheDaddy 17-04-2017 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895074)

I make it over 5 years since Liverpool won anything of note and over 35 since the Hammers did. ;)

Actually we've won the richest game in football, I'd say that's of note, certainly more noteworthy than a pre season friendly

denphone 17-04-2017 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 35895147)
Now they are. :)

Its been a very nice day one could say.:D:D

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895074)

Well if my old scrambled poor memory serves me right l think it was about 40 years before your great saviour came along and it could be another 40 if they don't watch it this time.;)

iadom 17-04-2017 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35895152)

Well if my old scrambled poor memory serves me right l think it was about 40 years before your great saviour came along and it could be another 40 if they don't watch it this time.;)

Your memory is about as bad as your team. :D

FA Cup 1983 and 1985, Fergies first trophy 1990 FA Cup Now by my maths I make that 15 years, how long is since the scousers won the league, 27 years and counting. ;)

Since Fergie left, an FA Cup and a League Cup whilst Liverpool once again won nothing. :p:

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35895150)
Actually we've won the richest game in football, I'd say that's of note, certainly more noteworthy than a pre season friendly

But you have to be such a poor team that you get relegated every five or six years to win that. ;)

TheDaddy 17-04-2017 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895158)
Your memory is about as bad as your team. :D

FA Cup 1983 and 1985, Fergies first trophy 1990 FA Cup Now by my maths I make that 15 years, how long is since the scousers won the league, 27 years and counting. ;)

Since Fergie left, an FA Cup and a League Cup whilst Liverpool once again won nothing. :p:

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

But you have to be such a poor team that you get relegated every five or six years to win that. ;)

Yes some of us can only dream about being a good enough team to win the charity shield, is that the competition the hammers took so seriously we put Bobby Moore in goal for or was that the league cup final. You'd have thought other utd fans would be equally chipper about winning it but they all seem to have deserted the forum like rats leaving a sinking ship, your the only one left, which is credit to you actually.

iadom 17-04-2017 21:32

Ah, dear old Bobby Moore, I remember seeing him score a stunning headed goal at Boundary Park. I think he was playing for Fulham at the time, such a pity it was in his own net. :)

As a United fan since the late 1950's who actually goes to Old Trafford, I have seen enough ups and downs not to get upset by recent events. :cool:

I also enjoy the banter and gentle ribbing, as long as it stays civilised and doesn't descend into rudeness and personal insults.:angel:

denphone 18-04-2017 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895191)
Ah, dear old Bobby Moore, I remember seeing him score a stunning headed goal at Boundary Park. I think he was playing for Fulham at the time, such a pity it was in his own net. :)

As a United fan since the late 1950's who actually goes to Old Trafford, I have seen enough ups and downs not to get upset by recent events. :cool:

I also enjoy the banter and gentle ribbing, as long as it stays civilised and doesn't descend into rudeness and personal insults.:angel:

Absolutely.:)

denphone 18-04-2017 09:44

It seems dodgy del boy is back in the managerial game this morning.:rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39628280

iadom 18-04-2017 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35895202)
Absolutely.:)

Of course that may not include, scouse **** loving southern retards. :LOL: :cool:

iadom 18-04-2017 21:16

What a shocking dive from Marhez.:(

adzii_nufc 18-04-2017 21:43

Another solid CL year for England. :erm:

iadom 18-04-2017 21:55

Good grief, Ronaldo was miles offside.

adzii_nufc 18-04-2017 22:04

Ronaldo treble sinks Bayern then.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Brutal, Bayern destroyed in Extra Time.

denphone 19-04-2017 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35895389)

Rank poor yet again.:(

iadom 19-04-2017 09:16

The RM v Bayern game was crying out for VAR, two offside goals, an incorrect sending off.:(

denphone 19-04-2017 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895427)
The RM v Bayern game was crying out for VAR, two offside goals, an incorrect sending off.:(

Something all of us including you have been saying for some time on here but alas they don't listen to the wise sages on here ;) me not included of course as wiseness has never been my greatest strength..

Julian 19-04-2017 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35895389)

Ordinarily I would be upset that an English side went out.

In the case of leicester and that dirty ******* vardy i'll make an exception.

Just a shame they have all but escaped relegation.

iadom 20-04-2017 23:00

Late night tram for me , Anderlecht a much better side than given credit for. Looks like bad injuries to Zlatan & Rojo . :(

denphone 21-04-2017 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895692)
Late night tram for me , Anderlecht a much better side than given credit for. Looks like bad injuries to Zlatan & Rojo . :(

Typical arrogance of some of the English football media yet again.:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 05:25 ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895692)
Late night tram for me ,Looks like bad injuries to Zlatan & Rojo . :(

l hope you got home safely Jim as yes those injuries if serious are at a bad time of the season.

iadom 21-04-2017 08:53

Rojo may be a bigger miss than Zlatan given that we already have two centre backs out injured.:(

When a certain person commented on my 'taking the away draw' as a sign of just how expectations had been lowered he must have forgotten that a team lower down the Belgian league had already dumped Spurs out of the competition.;)

denphone 21-04-2017 09:28

So saddened to hear of this terrible news this morning.:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39664839

iadom 22-04-2017 18:07

Blatant dive from Moses, Son was stupid for going to ground but Moses was already diving before any contact.:(

denphone 22-04-2017 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35895820)
Blatant dive from Moses, Son was stupid for going to ground but Moses was already diving before any contact.:(

Yes l quite agree as it was never a penalty IMO.

Arthurgray50@blu 22-04-2017 20:49

We are talking about divers Chelsea. And they will always be the same. The ref was allowing to much back tackling and should have shown a lot of yellows. But failed to do so. And Chelsea players feigning injuries

Spurs should have had a penalty, but this was disallowed. I blame this defeat on Poch. He played Son at left back, when his best it going forward all the time.

I think Kane was poor today, he scored a goal and that was it. Poch should have played Janssen.

Instead of replacing players at the hour mark, he decides within the last 15 minutes - no good again.

I THINK Daniel Levy has got to decide on future players at Spurs. What's the point of playing with ONE striker up front.

Kane reminds me of Chivers, a lazy striker. Who comes alive, then hides.

We have got to build a squad that is powerful enough to take on the likes of City, Chelsea etc.

And sadly Levy wont spend the money.

Mr Pharmacist 23-04-2017 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35895836)
We are talking about divers Chelsea. And they will always be the same. The ref was allowing to much back tackling and should have shown a lot of yellows. But failed to do so. And Chelsea players feigning injuries

Spurs should have had a penalty, but this was disallowed. I blame this defeat on Poch. He played Son at left back, when his best it going forward all the time.

I think Kane was poor today, he scored a goal and that was it. Poch should have played Janssen.

Instead of replacing players at the hour mark, he decides within the last 15 minutes - no good again.

I THINK Daniel Levy has got to decide on future players at Spurs. What's the point of playing with ONE striker up front.

Kane reminds me of Chivers, a lazy striker. Who comes alive, then hides.

We have got to build a squad that is powerful enough to take on the likes of City, Chelsea etc.

And sadly Levy wont spend the money.

Not been here for a while, but just knew it would be worthwhile having a look today. And I still can't find any of Arthurs comments on Bale tumbling over in the past whilst wearing a Spuds shirt? :PP:

denphone 23-04-2017 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist (Post 35895870)
Not been here for a while, but just knew it would be worthwhile having a look today. And I still can't find any of Arthurs comments on Bale tumbling over in the past whilst wearing a Spuds shirt? :PP:

Its what you call convenient memory loss Mr P.;)

denphone 23-04-2017 18:13

Europa league here we come.....:(

iadom 23-04-2017 19:03

If United finish in the top four and win the Europa League does that mean fifth place gets into Champions League? :D

You have to take your hat of to Jurgens fantastic judgement of players. The best forward on the pitch and scorer of two goals is a player he rejected, the best central defender in the ground today had to sit out the game as he has also been rejected by Klopp and is on loan at Palace.:LOL:

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

And the messiah, Pep is going to win sweet FA this season. :)