Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General Entertainment (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What are you watching right now? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33691054)

Mr K 11-06-2020 20:42

Re: What are you watching right now?

My new monitor, courtesy of my generous employers ;)

SnoopZ 15-06-2020 09:44

Binge watching all of Taken.

cimt 15-06-2020 10:25

Watched all of Titans in a few days. Next up is Doom Patrol

General Maximus 15-06-2020 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36039827)
Binge watching all of Taken.

Series or films?

SnoopZ 15-06-2020 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36039837)
Series or films?

Thought Binge watching would give it away. :)

Watching the Series.

SnoopZ 27-06-2020 17:57

Finally got back into binge watching The Expanse in UHD and enjoying it so far.

General Maximus 27-06-2020 18:23

It is absolutely fantastic

SnoopZ 27-06-2020 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36041459)
It is absolutely fantastic

Is it still running or has it ended, I'm on S2?

General Maximus 27-06-2020 18:44

Syfy cancelled it after season 3 and there was a massive uproar. Loads of famous people (e.g. George R R Martin) texted Jeff Bezos aka Mr Amazon and he got his tv chief to look at it, she was blown away and picked it up for a fourth season which aired last year and it has been renewed for a fifth season which is presumably in production. You should take a look at the The Expanse thread in this forum because a lot of links for the
campaign to get it renewed are in there. You had things like a plane flying over Amazon HQ for 2 days with a banner saying "save the expanse", cakes being delivered to the tv chiefs office and some of the fan made content put on youtube was fantastic. I haven't seen such an energised fan base since Jericho was cancelled. It really was the stupidest decision to make, this series is amazing and producers should be allowed to tell the full story like GoT. I think I read in SFX a while ago that it is based on a 9 book saga and the two dudes who write the books have just finished (back then) writing the ninth book. So the good thing for Amazon is that they know exactly where they are heading story wise and can plan everything. You'll see a massive different between season 1-3 and season 4. Amazon have thrown a tonne of money at it to expand the locations and bring it to its full potential and it is very humbling from a fan's point of view to see such a superb scifi series given the respect it deserves.

SnoopZ 27-06-2020 18:59

Thanks for the detailed reply.

General Maximus 27-06-2020 19:05

Np, i consider it a civic duty to spread the word and get as many people to watch it as poss. People like to take the mickey out if me for how fussy i am with what i like and watch. The Expanse is perfection as far as i am concerned; proper serious quality scifi. That being said, i have just shot myself in the foot looking up the premiere date for season 5.

Carth 27-06-2020 20:16

I had read the books . . before finding out there was a TV series.

I don't normally take to 'TV adaptations' of books I've enjoyed, but the series was was excellent

to be honest, I think I need to catch up with the book Tiamat’s Wrath

*goes to check*

denphone 27-06-2020 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36041467)
Np, i consider it a civic duty to spread the word and get as many people to watch it as poss. People like to take the mickey out if me for how fussy i am with what i like and watch. The Expanse is perfection as far as i am concerned; proper serious quality scifi. That being said, i have just shot myself in the foot looking up the premiere date for season 5.

l would not say anybody is taking the mickey out of you General as its more a case of some others offering a differing opinion.:)

Mr K 27-06-2020 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36041467)

If its not got a phone box that can travel through time and space i'm not interested (and no, I don't mean 'Bill and ted's excellent adventure' ;))

p.s. 'serious scifi' is boring, but its good to have a choice :)

General Maximus 27-06-2020 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36041481)
If its not got a phone box that can travel through time and space i'm not interested (and no, I don't mean 'Bill and ted's excellent adventure' ;))

p.s. 'serious scifi' is boring, but its good to have a choice :)

we shall agree to disagree because you and I are polar opposites. I think Dr Who is an absolute disgrace and should be banned from tv.